Brentwood Academy vs. MBA

tastyoats

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how 90% are picking MBA in "The Big Ones" contest, MBA is the big favorite.  Hope the Eagles can hang tough and take it to overtime!!

825403104[/snapback]

I don't understand why the percentages are tilted so heavily towards MBA.

As best as I can tell, these are two evenly-matched teams. BA is coming in on a high and MBA on a slight low after the MUS game. BA has won the last two regular season contests. BA, although with three losses, lost to good-to-great teams who were playing great at the time (of course, the same could be said for MBA's two losses). Perhaps people are going off the records in making their choices, although a one-game differential shouldn't yield that big of a spread.

Most people...the vast majority, have not seen either team play, so naturally they are going to go off comparative scores, talk on CoachT and rankings. I tend to think it's going to be a pretty close game. Look for some new twists and surprises from both teams. I doubt either Rutledge or Flatt will keep too many plays hidden deep in the playbook if they really need them to pick up this win.

Guest Oakland
Most people...the vast majority, have not seen either team play, so naturally they are going to go off comparative scores, talk on CoachT and rankings.  I tend to think it's going to be a pretty close game.  Look for some new twists and surprises from both teams.  I doubt either Rutledge or Flatt will keep too many plays hidden deep in the playbook if they really need them to pick up this win.

825403992[/snapback]

where is this game being played at? as big as this rivalry has become you would think they would have to meet at a neutral site to accomodate the masses that will be in attendance

is parker cason back for the eagles? also is bowker playing any qb or has tyler griffin pretty much taken over that spot?

825404011[/snapback]

Cason came back in limited duty two weeks ago. He looked much better last week against Baylor, and I'd say he is 85-90%. Bowker, unfortunately, went down with a knee and probably will not play the balance of the season.

Had to love Jeff Lockridge's headline on the prep preview this morning.

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...oryid=8496&rc=y

Also noted that MBA is ranked third in the midstate, while poor BA is not even ranked.

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...y&pagename=fall

I just wonder if the Eagles should bother to even show up at all!

Edited by itzme

Some BA-MBA series stats since I'm stuck answering phones at work...

MBA leads the all-time series 8-5.

@MBA: MBA 3-1

@BA: BA 4-1

Neutral: MBA 4-0

Regular season: MBA 4-3

Postseason: MBA 4-2

In the 13 games played between the schools, MBA has outscored BA by a margin of 254-191.

An average MBA-BA game has ended with MBA winning 20-15.

Of their 13 matchups, 5 have been decided by 10 points or less, 4 of them by 6 points or less. 2 have ended in Overtime.

BA and MBA have played 7 regular season games and 6 postseason games, with 4 bouts deciding the state championship.

MBA has not beaten BA in the regular season since 2001, a two-game losing streak. BA has not beaten MBA in the postseason since 1996, a string of 4 straight games.

1995: BA 35, MBA 10 (5A Semifinals)

1996: BA 23, MBA 20 (OT) (5A Quarterfinals)

1997: MBA 13, BA 7

1998: BA 21, MBA 13; MBA 21, BA 19 (Clinic Bowl)

1999: MBA 31, BA 0

2000: MBA 26, BA 0; MBA 8, BA 7 (Clinic Bowl)

2001: MBA 17, BA 0

2002: BA 31, MBA 6; MBA 27, BA 11 (Clinic Bowl)

2003: BA 27, MBA 24 (OT); MBA 38, BA 14 (Clinic Bowl)

Had to love Jeff Lockridge's headline on the prep preview this morning. 

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...oryid=8496&rc=y

Also noted that MBA is ranked third in the midstate, while poor BA is not even ranked. 

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...y&pagename=fall

I just wonder if the Eagles should bother to even show up at all!

825404745[/snapback]

As an MBA fan I was not happy to see that. I guess Lockridge has now provided BA with some bulletin board material. I'm not a Lockridge fan, in general. His picks/predictions are bad and it doesn't seem like he knows alot about the teams he's covering. Bring back Harold Huggins, Pogue, etc.!

Also, wesvols, the '96 game was double OT. :)

As an MBA fan I was not happy to see that.  I guess Lockridge has now provided BA with some bulletin board material.  I'm not a Lockridge fan, in general.  His picks/predictions are bad and it doesn't seem like he knows alot about the teams he's covering.  Bring back Harold Huggins, Pogue, etc.!

Also, wesvols, the '96 game was double OT. :blink:

825405073[/snapback]

Yep, I remember it vividly. I was sitting (read: standing) in front of Tito Lee's mom when he scored the game-winning touchdown, and I've never received a more excited hug.