Brentwood Academy vs. MBA

tastyoats

Wes, 241 or 242?  Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this game.  I think we can all agree that this will be a close fought battle.  Hopefully, MBA can refocus after a tough loss Friday night.  BA definitely has momentum after two straight blow out wins.  Can't wait for this one.

825399068[/snapback]

247 - the honors version of 241. Test is in an hour...I'm going to do some major celebrating when it's over.

I expect a close, low-scoring classic Friday night. Whenever BA and MBA meet, emotion often means more than ability; the Eagles may have revenge on their minds after last year's Clinic Bowl defeat, but I have a feeling their bitterness isn't nearly as intense as it was during last year's regular season meeting. This year both teams are still searching for their identity and trying new approaches as the playoffs loom just ahead.

BA has discovered new offensive confidence thanks to a strong rushing attack in recent games, and has found defensive assertiveness thanks to the return of Parker Cason to the linebacking corps. MBA struggled early, but had hit its stride until their sloppy loss to MUS. Now they hope to rebound with a wide-open performance against BA, while also garnering momentum for the playoffs.

Last year I picked against Brentwood Academy, and they proved me wrong by defeating the 9th-ranked Big Red. Then I picked BA in the Clinic Bowl and they let me down. Who will I pick this year? How does this sound?

Brentwood Academy 17, Montgomery Bell Academy 17

No, Bishop Byrne will not be in attendance. Whoever wants it more and gets a lucky break or two will break the tie and win the title of Best Private School in Nashville...until they meet again in the playoffs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a little of the replay of the BA/Baylor game on channel 49 last night. Although this game was not close, I can't say that I was overly impressed with BA. They just didn't look the typical BA team, from a physical standpoint. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I guess we'll see Friday night.

Also, Baylor needs to get rid of the white cleats. ;):lol: