Sycamore War Eagles at Marshall Co. Tigers

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

You know something mctigersportsfan, as much smack as you have talked on this thread people who knew nothing about Tennessee high school football would believe that Marshall County is a 9-0 or an 8-1 football team. The fact of the matter is that Marshall County is 5-4, despite having two of the better coaches in the entire midstate area on the staff MM & TT. If Sycamore beat youguys this week, then the truth is that Sycamore & Marshall County are both 5-5 football teams. The only problem is that Sycamore lost two games, CreekWood & Montgomery Central, that they absolutely had no business losing. Do everyone on here a favor and clean it up a bit because I personally wish nothing but good things to happen to the folks down at Marshall County. You guys always have a classy football program and you do things the right way.

I sort of wish I could be at this one. Emotions are going to run pretty high in this one esp. for Sycamore.

Let' see....Sycamore wants to avoid losing season....Sycamore's wants to beat old coach(who for what reasons shouldn't have left).........Sycamore' QB is playing his last game(man, am I glad he is finally graduating, it seemed like he played 6 yrs.)......

Marshall wants a winning season.....Marshall's coach wants to beat old school......Marshall wants to get ready for playoffs and be injury-free.......hmmmm

on paper it looks like the Tigers have too much talent.

BUT....the Tigers will have to match the emotion of Sycamore and play as hard as they do.

If Garza runs loose......this will be a high-scoring game...too close to call....yet

Guest catfish-hunter

The seniors for Sycamore have carried on a great tradition of excellence that was started in 2000, when Sycamore made the playoffs without a single senior on the team. I look for them to go out "in a blaze of glory" folks. The Sycamore War Eagles will win this football game and start building for the 2005 season immediately.

Wake Up and Smell the Pigskin -- Marshall County wins this game.

As much as Sycamore may want to beat Tommy Tharp,Tommy Tharp wants to beat Sycamore even worse.

It amuses me when I see someone presume to speak for Tommy Tharp. No one speaks for Tommy, and as I recall he speaks rather well for himself. Tommy's decision to leave Sycamore was very difficult on him, his family and his many friends in Cheatham COunty. Please do not try to make this game into anything other than 2 teams who respect one another playing on Friday night. Obviously only one team can win and I certainly hope it is my War Eagles, but rest assured, when this game is over, win or lose, Tommy Tharp will still be a friend to many of us in Pleasant View. May God Bless all of the young men who play on Friday night. GO WAR EAGLES!!

Victory is sweet! I'm really sorry I didn't drive down to see it in person, but from what I heard on the radio, I am so proud of this War Eagle team - especially the seniors. You guys deserved a good ending to this tumultuous season, and I am happy that your season ended just like in the movies! Mo Polk had a super night & he made a lot of people proud! Garza is always amazing. Jem Moore, Jake Vaughn & Willie Vanderford all stepped up big on defense - for that matter, everyone on the defense stepped it up.

This was an extremely important game for a lot of us, and I know Coach Tharp is just as proud of this War Eagle team as he would have been if he were still our coach. A big congratulations goes out to Coach Halstead and the rest of the staff for an exciting season.