Maryville

Reb Wrestler

Thanks.  I take that as a compliment.

825398511[/snapback]

When we moved to Knoxville, Maryville I mean Marrrrrrrrrrrrrryville! Was one of the the top two Schools we concidered. But my son was good at CC, Wrestling and Soccer. We one the State at two of those and he finished 2nd in the State at wrestling.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want your child to wrestle in Blount Co. / Maryville area you need to speak to either Mark Humphrey or Marty Carpenter. Mark is the head coach at Maryville, and Marty is the head coach at William Blount. Both men can help your son get started wrestling in their youth programs.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought you liked wrestling for me more Ha Ha, just kidding. Actually I am looking to move back that way and maybe if I can get Mark to hang on a few more years maybe I will get to coach with him again before he calls it quits. It would be a wonderful thing if I could work with Mark again and maybe take the old MHS head job some day in the future.

That would be cool if you could go back and coach there. Maybe even coach on the football team eh? I saw Tullahoma's website with your picture on it. Trying to look like a badass as usual. You'd be my second choice to replace Coach Humphrey...right behind Mr Garrett...just kidding. You'd be the best choice. You're right about you being my coach. Us heavyweights were kind of on an island during practice. Not too many available people to spar with. How's the heavyweights on your team? If you're coaching them I'm sure they'll do well.

Do you see cousin Trey often? What's he up to? I often wonder what he and the guys from his class are up to now.

I would love to move back to east Tennessee someday and get involved part-time with the wrestling team...but that will have to stay wishful thinking. My wife and I live in Mississippi where wrestling is known only as wrasslin'. Maybe in a few years we'll move back. Ok, talk to you later.

• 2 weeks later...
I think we will have a very good team this year.  We have two very good freshman coming up.  Nic Shields and Jeremy Hendricks, both will do very well this year.  Plus we have Landon Hall who should have placed at state last year.  Adam Cable is going to help us out tremendously at 215.  We might have two football players goin to wrestle hwt.  We also have Josh Hendricks who will probably go to state and garrett millard.

825398425[/snapback]

Wrestling Home

The Farragut Admirals Wrestlng Team came in first in Region 2 with 173 total team points. Marvyille was sexond with 138 points. The Admirals had 3 Regional Champions and several runner-ups.

112-Erick Abercrombie-Region Runner-Up

125-Paul Mountain-3rd at Regionals-Returing

140-Scott Dix-Region Champion-returing

145-Ryan Farinella-4th at Regionals- Little Brother @ 119

152-Chad Turner-Region Champion- Little Brother @ 119+

160-Chad Blankenship-3rd at Regionals-returing

171-Justin Knox-Region Champion-returing

189-Nick Reveiz-Region Runner-up -returing

All of these wrestlers qualified for the state Tournament in Chattanooga on February 19-21. These wrestlers placed in the state.

140-Scott Dix-State Champion

152-Chad Turner-State Runner-Up

171-Justin Knox-State Runner-Up

The Farragut Wrestling Admirals finished 4th in State remarkably while only qualifying 8 wrestlers. Their team score was 80 points total. Great Season Admirals!

Just a reminder of who we are!