how do yall think westview will do in the playoffs

chargers57

Westview is good, no doubt. I've seen Martin, Milan , and Huntingdon play and I still think Huntingdon is the best. After seeing them friday against Union City (a team who I heard played very evenly with both Milan and Martin) i'm convinced Huntingdon is doing just exactly what they did last year which is peaking at the right time. I'll predict either Carver or Martin versus Huntingdon in the semi's, with Huntingdon coming out from the west. I've never seen a team with the injuries Huntingdon has had still be able to virtually dominate teams. They change something almost weekly on both sides of the ball but continue to roll. When all the injured are back on board I just don't see them being stopped. Remember, they are the defending 2A state champs until someone beats them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview is good, no doubt. I've seen Martin, Milan , and Huntingdon play and I still think Huntingdon is the best. After seeing them friday against Union City (a team who I heard played very evenly with both Milan and Martin) i'm convinced Huntingdon is doing just exactly what they did last year which is peaking at the right time. I'll predict either Carver or Martin versus Huntingdon in the semi's, with Huntingdon coming out from the west. I've never seen a team with the injuries Huntingdon has had still be able to virtually dominate teams. They change something almost weekly on both sides of the ball but continue to roll. When all the injured are back on board I just don't see them being stopped. Remember, they are the defending 2A state champs until someone beats them.

825402064[/snapback]

Huntingdon is good and I'm not taking anything away from them because they have a great team with one of the best coaching staffs in the state. However I don't think that they are better than Westview. I'm sorry but I'm not impressed that they can blow out teams like Bruceton, Chester Co. , and Adamsville. I think that Huntingdon and Westview will meet again. And hopefully the result will be the same.

I believe Westview has an excellent chance this year and I think they are probably playing the best ball of anyone in west Tn right now....and I think that if Westview were to meet H-don in the playoffs the outcome would be the same as the regular season..(although I hope its Camden playing H-don in the third round :) ...but if not I definitely would pick Westview to go all the way and show those East/Middle TN teams just how fast these west teams are!!

If and i mean if Huntingdon and Westview are to meet again I do not think the same things will happen. I just seriously don't think you'll be able to pull out the same tricks two times in a row on the Huntingdon coaching staff. Let me make my observations. I may eat my words because this projected game is 5 weeks away and alot can happen between now and then, but just for laughs lets see how close I am:

Huntingdon's defense (especially in regards to the weakside which you guys oh-so-loved to rip apart) isn't even close to the same plane it was on earlier in the year. Lots of replacements have been made, and I think overall the defense is starting to actually play with some more agression (take the shattering hit made in the last seconds of the Riverside game for example). Someone said it best earlier when they said Huntingdon really needed leaders to step up and make the plays that stand out, and I agreed especially when it comes to the defense. They have started to do that in the past few weeks following the Milan disaster. In my opinion, when the coaches finally find two DEs (and i think they have) and those two delegates settle into their positions, that will really anchor down the defensive front. That goes for everyone, I think alot of those guys are just tired of having to relearn assignments.

You cant really say much about the offensive side of the ball. Afterall all they only tallied 300+ yards the first meeting.

All in all, I still look back at that game and remember that we did turn the ball over in the redzone several times and in my true opinion the we're the ones who beat ourselves. Some call it bad play calling, some call it lack of motivation.

What do I think?

I think we have 5 weeks to find something to be consistant with and something to stack alot of confidence on, because let's face it.. it's week 10. the second chances are no more. after this mckenzie game the "try something new and see how it works" method is finished.

I just wrote all this and realized what thread I was posting it in. I got a little carried away, sorry, I know this is a Westview playoff projection thread but this is a possible situation for you guys' playoff run.. so maybe it's not too much out of line.

when u say union city played westview evenly u must be talkin about the 1st half b/c westview rolled in the 2nd half...huntingdon and westview both have there work cut out for them in the playoffs, they will have to be on their best game to beat these good teams from memphis and the likes of milan and camden. thumb

when u say union city played westview evenly u must be talkin about the 1st half b/c westview rolled in the 2nd half...huntingdon and westview both have there work cut out for them in the playoffs, they will have to be on their best game to beat these good teams from memphis and the likes of milan and camden. thumb

825403500[/snapback]

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't UC within seven points at the beginning of the fourth? I could be wrong.

Most are predicting huntingdon and westview to match up in the semis, which would be a great game. Huntingdon lost the first meeting because of mistakes they made. Westview played mistake free football that night, one penalty I think. In order to get to the semis, or even the qrt, westview must continue to play mistake free football. The first two games, which were losses, westview put the piece of gold on the ground and had stupid penalties. I would love to see huntingdon and westview in the semis, but lets not forget milan. They are not as good as last year, but they have always played their best in the big games. They lost to trenton, which is not so great, but beat both huntingdon and westview. They seem to understand that you must step it up in big games. They are also in huntingdon's head, so it will be hard for the stangs to pull it out. I don't think (don't know because have not seen them play) that there is a team out of memphis in 2a that can play with the NW teams. The private schools usually can from middle, but have not seen one from memphis lately. Different game up here.

This year is crazy in 2a. Its been full of talk and excitement. It seems like alot of the talk has been centered on Westview, huntingdon, and Milan. I think that Milan and Huntingdon are good teams but i think that westview has what it takes to go a little farther. Milan has beat both Westview and Huntingdon and Westview has beaten huntingdon, but i personally think that huntingdon is a stronger team than Milan. I believe that if Westview and Huntingdon met again that it would be the same result. Although both teams have improved i think that Westview has more consistency. That might not have anything to do with the final score of any other game but it shows that they dont keep their focus 100%, or at least in my eyes. I would say that Westview could make it all the way if they keep a strong focus and play without making any mistakes. thumb

Edited by whschargers96

This year is crazy in 2a. Its been full of talk and excitement. It seems like alot of the talk has been centered on Westview, huntingdon, adn Milan. I think that Milan and Huntingdon are good teams but i think that westview has what it takes to go a little futher. Milan has beat both Westview and Huntingdon and Westview has beaten huntingdon, but i personally think that huntingdon is a stronger team than Milan. I believe that if Westview and Huntingdon met again that it would be the same result. Although both teams have improved i think that Westview has more consistency. That might not have anything to do with the final score of any other game but it shows that they dont keep their focus 100%, or at least in my eyes. I would say that Westview could make it all the way if they keep a strong focus and play without making any mistakes. thumb

825404606[/snapback]

If they meet again Huntingdon wins easily. The first game was an anomoly. Put Huntingdon back in that position again in a semifinal game and I don't think it would be pretty. But then again i'm biased. :D