Jefferson County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the news that Sarah Jane was at tryouts today too. As far as the Chambers' comments go, Haley will be a good role player for the Lady Patriots, giving some rest to Huff and Rickard down low. And as far as the comments for Shane, if anybody attended a Patriot's basketball game, he/she would of seen a player giving his all for the team. If that makes a player "horrible," well then, that young man is guilty as charged. Go Lady Patriots and welcome back Sarah Jane!

Yeah, unfortunately some fans don't understand that while not every school is blessed with God given talent that will one day make it to the college ranks and maybe further, they still have kids that are out there....putting in the hard work and sweat trying their best to help their school and team win.

All too often fans such as DZBettin focus only on the standout players and worse yet, turn on the rest of the players out there. Coaches, players and most fans know that every team needs role players that go out there and do what's asked of them night in and night out.

For someone to come on these boards and rip them as awful is just a lack of knowledge for the game and immature at best. Shane Chambers, while not a stud caliber player, gave his best and was an honor student in the classroom and a model citizen as well.

Too bad fans don't see beyond the stat lines or limelights, huh DZ?

Edited by pipdad

Sarah Jane was at tryouts. Rumor is that she recently attended a basketball function (playday, scrimmage, etc) in the area, and found she missed the game.

Adding (or keeping, depending on how you look at it) a solid player like her makes the Lady Patriots that much better for the season. Now we just have to pray that her previous injury problems don't flare up.

I say that Jefferson county won't even get out of the region....Daniel Boone and Greeneville will be going to the sectional!!

825413044[/snapback]

Daniel Boone will be a mirror image of last year. They'll play a weak schedule and come out on top in their district but will be put out by District 2 once again. District 2 will dominate again. Go Patriots!

Don't think so. They play Greeneville the first game. They also play Jefferson County during the season. They are going to a tournament in Knoxville at Christmas. Definitely different from last season. And, they will be a much better team than last year. They have 4 seniors returning including their top scorer from last year. It should definitely be a good year for Boone!!!!

My bad on the Sarah Jane issue.  I got some bad info.  Great post pipdad.  I am amazed that people who have been there don't even understand.

825413387[/snapback]

Shortie,

Don't beat yourself up. I think as late as Friday, she wasn't going to tryouts, at least from what I have heard. If her knees can hold up, Sarah Jane is going to be huge help. Its great to have her playing.

Some good scrimmages this week, should give a good idea of what the Lady Pats have!