Jefferson County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

I have heard the news that Sarah Jane was at tryouts today too.  As far as the Chambers' comments go, Haley will be a good role player for the Lady Patriots, giving some rest to Huff and Rickard down low.  And as far as the comments for Shane, if anybody attended a Patriot's basketball game, he/she would of seen a player giving his all for the team.  If that makes a player "horrible," well then, that young man is guilty as charged.  Go Lady Patriots and welcome back Sarah Jane!

825411769[/snapback]

Good to hear from Groveut12...(the name give's it away man). Patriots have a great chance to make a run at state this year. Kyle, Sinard, and esp. Huff have tons of big game experience, as does Coach Potts. Could make it farther than any Lady Pat team in the past 5 years, which is saying a lot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear from Groveut12...(the name give's it away man).  Patriots have a great chance to make a run at state this year.  Kyle, Sinard, and esp. Huff have tons of big game experience, as does Coach Potts.  Could make it farther than any Lady Pat team in the past 5 years, which is saying a lot.

825414879[/snapback]

Haha....clever name ain't it, Heath? Again, the girls are well-rounded offensively. They have the ability to hit the outside shot and have the size to score down low. Like Heath said, big game experience never hurts. Defensively, these girls are athletic and will be able to pressure the ball on most teams. I will be surprised if they go 10 deep, but they have worked hard in conditioning over the offseason in order to overcome the lack of depth.

LOL its nice to see that some football fans are b-ball fans too. Maybe I won`t be mostly alone this season :angry:

I`m expected very good things from the Lady Patriots this season. Huff, Kyle, Sinard, Richard, make up a very good core of players, has everyone forgot about the sharpshooting Lindsey Lyke? She should step into the starting role this year and give the Pariots a very strong starting 5. Huff has been working very hard for this season since the end of 8th grade. I`m not saying that the others haven`t worked hard, but she has put in alot of work and it all should pay off this season. BTW word on the grape vine is that Huff could be playing for UTC next season, anyone else heard about that?

BTW word on the grape vine is that Huff could be playing for UTC next season, anyone else heard about that?

825415306[/snapback]

I saw it referred to on the post concerning Ogden at Powell comitting to UTC. The post said that UTC had comittments from 3 area players now, Odgen, Ashley Huff, and someone else I didn't recognize.

This isn't the proper forum for it, but i'd be surprised if the boys surprised anyone. They once again cut some of the better players at the school in favor of some of the players with the right last name. There were kids at tryouts that could barely dribble a ball that made the team because they were a star in football or because they have the right last name while other kids that are very talented dribblers, team players and all around basketball players were cut.

I just don't understand why the coach does that to his team every year. It's too bad really. They have the talent in the school to compete but if you're not going to suit up your best players, then it just isn't going to work. There's a reason folks wonder why the boy's program at JCHS doesn't produce college level talent. The talent is there, it gets cut from the roster all too often, or ends up sitting on the bench.

Thank goodness Coach Potts runs the girl's program differently.

This isn't the proper forum for it, but i'd be surprised if the boys surprised anyone.  They once again cut some of the better players at the school in favor of some of the players with the right last name.  There were kids at tryouts that could barely dribble a ball that made the team because they were a star in football or because they have the right last name while other kids that are very talented dribblers, team players and all around basketball players were cut.

I just don't understand why the coach does that to his team every year.  It's too bad really.  They have the talent in the school to compete but if you're not going to suit up your best players, then it just isn't going to work.  There's a reason folks wonder why the boy's program at JCHS doesn't produce college level talent.  The talent is there, it gets cut from the roster all too often, or ends up sitting on the bench.

Thank goodness Coach Potts runs the girl's program differently.

825417102[/snapback]

lets move the boys discussion to the boys message board and talk about the girls here

• 2 weeks later...