Jefferson County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

Thursday November 18 - Scimmage

Jefferson County Lady Patriots 68

Halls Red Devils (devilettes?, Lady Devils?) 57

Game was sluggish at first. Half ended 36-32 JC after 4 straight possesions resulted in 3 point makes alternating between Lyke and Kyle. I think Lindsay Lyke finished with 20 points, hitting 6 3 pointers. Kyle had at least 4 from beyond the arc, and finished with 16, Huff had 20. Halls was determined not to get beat inside, as our posts were significantly taller.

3rd qtr ended 51-43 ( I think). We came out with better intensity on defense, and opened up a double digit lead, before Halls finished the qtr strong to cut it to 8. 4th qtr started much the same, and with 5 minutes left JC was up 15. Potts started subbing from the end of the bench, and we finished up with the 11 point victory.

First game next Tuesday at Central versus Karns at 4:15pm.

Edited by raiderray

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Halls scrimmage proved the balance that the Lady Patriots have this year. When Halls decided to practically stick all 5 players in the paint to stop Huff and Rickard, Lyke and Kyle were able to knock down shot after shot from the outside. The defense tenacity was present, also. Jeff. Co. was able to fustrate Halls and force multiple turnovers. I am glad to see Sinard running the point for us. With the youngsters getting into the game at the end, they were able to see how Varsity Girls basketball is in highschool. I was very encouraged by the performance yesterday. Hope we can keep the momentum heading into next week's contest versus Karns. Go Lady Pats!

Well the Karns game was a tale of two halves. JC did whatever they wanted in the first half against Karns holding them to 4 points in the first quarter and I believe they scored just 13 in the entire first half. The second half Karns came out and just seemed to want it more than Jeff Co. I give Karns credit it was very easy for those ladies to just roll over and take a beating but instead they came out fired up and wanted to prove that they just had a bad half.

With the big game against greeneville in 2 weeks, Potts will have his girls ready for the lady green devils. They will need to play an entire game against this tough rival.

In the first half jeff co's fab 5 played great basketball with Huff being the star inside. She made several great catches over defenders and had the soft touch to lay it in. Lyke seems to be well on her way to another great shooting year. Ashley Kyle played tough d and shot the ball well. Sinard ran the offense well. The entire team was patient and looked smooth.

In the 2nd half, Karns came out and put high intense pressure on the ball and got several 5 second calls but the lead was too much and the Lady Patriots got back on track in the 4th quarter and made their free throw to pull away comfortably. I look forward to the matchup against Farragut friday afternoon with the lady patriots coming out to prove that they can play 4 quarters of great basketball. Good Luck Lady Patriots.

Edited by SkwerlSak4

Dont understand the first two comments by Barb - start strong and fade, and Johnnystrikeout - went into the playoffs deflated

The Lady Patriots won seven straight to end the regular season last year with wins over Bearden and Maryville and a 40-point blowout of science hill. The Lady Patriots February schedule is almost the same this year and I dont see any of those teams give the Lady Patriots trouble. Sevier County is on the schedule but from watching them in the Thanksgiving tournament, they arent the same caluber team as the past few years.

Jeff County beat Daniel Boone tonight 54-41.

Led 27-17 at halftime, then came out and pushed it to 38-17. Boone cut it to 38-26, but then JC pushed it back out to 46-26 early in the 4th qtr. Huff had a big night, got 27, and dominated the 3rd qtr, getting 13 of the 15 points scored. She blocked 3 shots early to set the tone for the game. Boone relied on outside shooting to keep it as close as they did.

Sinard went out in the 3rd qtr, and did not return. Sincerely hope she can bounce back quickly, her game was really starting to come around.

Now it is a week of practice to prep for Greeneville.

Saw where Mo West took care of Tennesse High big tonight. Looks like a District 2 year this year!