Why Webb will beat Catholic

CvrCorner24

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if Catholic does win, it won't be a blowout. The talent between the two teams is even and I don't know how you would compare toughness, but Catholic probably has the edge is size, and maybe strength. I've heard this speed argument with people saying that Catholic is faster than Webb. There are two starters who beat McFadden in the hundred last year, and Webb has small linebackers with good speed (Kimmons, Bibee, Tully, and French) to help get outside. I think Webb's defense is well equiped to stop a team that likes to run the ball outside like Catholic with McFadden. McFadden is good enough still to get his tards, but I think Hare and Jolly ( I think that's the fullback) may have opportunities to have good games. I think a few big plays through the air may decide this one. Both teams like to run the ball a lot, and neither team is really proven in the passing game. The early edge I would have to give to Catholic in this category, but (and I hate to bring this up again) they have been going against weak teams. I do think Webb will win, and don't be surprised if they win big because when big 35 gets to going, it is going to be hard to stop him.

Webb has played a much tougher schedule than Catholic. Webb has played Alcoa,Austin East,McCallie,Powell and Baylor.

825402191[/snapback]

Rebelron ive seen your posts before they make the post stated above mine look like a 2 year old wrote it no one cares about any sechdules WHO CARES in a game like this it comes down to tallent and want to come on now

That might have been the best high school game I have seen. However I don not believe the better team won. Webb consistently moved the ball better than Catholic, but they fumbled twice on big drives. The game came down to four big plays for Catholic (the 2 deep balls to Farris, Jolly big run,...and the winning touchdown. Other than that Webb out played Catholic. Catholic executed better and made plays when they had to. The 3 or 4 offsides penalties also played a big role in the outcome. Also, Catholic showed me that they had more than McFadden. The Spartan coaching staff did a good job in containing McFadden, but this made them vulnerable to the long ball and Fleming stepped up and made good throws and Farris good catches. Great game both teams, maybe they will meet again.

well... i think whoever made this thread got their answer... i tried to tell you guys numerous times that catholic would not lose.. i did say it would be a good game but well... we all know what happend. good game to webb with the huge rally in the second half great kick by whoever the webb kicker is to tie it up.. thats what i call the luck of the irish. so anyone wanna talk about oh well see catholic in state go ahead. cause i know its going to happen bcause its already happend.