Maplewood Forfeits 4 Wins

CoachT

Maplewood has forfeited all 9 games they have played this year which officially means that their wins over McGavock, Rossview, Mt. Juliet and Pearl Cohn are now all 1-0 losses.

These changes have been made on the rankings page and on the teams records. This affects the playoffs in 4A region 6 and all affected schools have been notified and the playoff possibilities updated. The winner of Northwest vs. Springfield will now be fourth. No details as to why they had to forfeit other than the fact that they played an ineligible player.

Let's see, Maplewood played an ineligible 19 year old for nine of the ten games this season. What will the penalty for Coach Thompson be? Since the TSSAA set the precedent last year with Coach Link and Hillwood, let's look at what the penalty COULD be:

Hillwood--An ineligible older player PRACTICED against the team for ONE day, self-reported--THREE game suspension, loss of pay, loss of spring practice for one year.

Maplewood--An ineligible player practiced for THREE MONTHS, played in NINE regular season games, self-reported----I guess this means that Maplewood will not have spring practice until 2010, Coach Thompson will be suspended for the entire season next year, and his entire paycheck for the year will be forwarded to the T$$AA. The world is watching Ronnie C. :D Are you going to pull a Fate Thomas on this one or do what is right? :blink: What will Mr. Brunette at the board have to say about this? Stay tuned, the politicians are just beginning to get involved. :D

Edited by bigchief

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• You are so correct!  It’s really 99.9% of academia want to change to way that education is not only taught but the way it is viewed.  The pendulum has definitely swung as far to the left as possible and eventually will swing to the right much too far.  I have always  said that politics and one’s personal religious views need to stay out of education,  but for the last 40 years education has been running full throttle to what we have today.  If the social experiment that we are currently experiencing continues it is only a matter of time before the public school system in the USA completely collapses and all kids attend private schools or even worse don’t go to school.
    • He was a bruise but Aaron Dykes is HVA’s best RB ever.
    • I am talking about what they both did for their team. They both carried their team for four years while they were both there. I wasn’t really comparing them that would be unfair. Bishop is on a level of his own.
    • Dorian Eskridge had a great Junior year, highlighted by a great game to lead HVA to an upset win at OR that year. I think that was 2010. In 2011 OR won at HVA. OR had a real good QB that year l think. Dorian Eskridge had a great senior year also. He always played hard from the DCM videos l saw.
    • It seems we lost a ton to graduation. We shall see how it shapes up for 2024.