LETS GET READY TO RUUUMMBLE!

Rebel Nation

I'm gonna point out a chink in Tim's armor.  Not because I like doing it, because it's important to this convo:

Where was all this fire and brimstone last week against Cleveland?  They sure coulda used it in that loss.  I don't think you pick your games to get ifred up about, do you?

Just an interesting aside and the LARGE difference in what Maryville had once in coaching and what we have now in coaching.  I don't believe we'd trade GQ for anything....even Tim.  GQ doesn't need to ride a emotional rollercoaster from week to week to get results like Tim often will.

It gives me no pleasure to bring that up.  I thought it was an important distinction though.

825414483[/snapback]

Rhea County had a very off game against Cleveland. And I will admit that I left te game saying that there was no possible way that Rhea County could beat Marryville. But I belive I was wrong in thinking that. I think Marryville will overlook Rhea because of their record and games in the past, just like it seems you are doing. We are in the playoffs now previous records no longer matter. One loss is all it takes to be sitting at home on the couch next Friday. And as far as the "emotional rollercoaster" I would like to know what you are talking about.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim has a flair for the dramatic. Some coaches lead by firey speeches and pounding their fist. Some do not. I loved Tim for being firey when he was here. I'm from that school of thought too and gravatate that way in personality as well.

Since Tim left, I have learned there is a better, well proven way to win though. It's called being even keiled....never too high or too low. Being proffessional and treating every game the same way. Executing with cold prescision. This team hardly ever cracks a smile or celebrates. It's the same in defeat...though they've known little of that.

Fact for ya: MARYVILLE OVERLOOKS NO ONE. Don't mistake my demeanor for the team's demeanor.

Amen to Moyers fact statement.

We're just fans. I'd wager that the team has yet to hear about TN high or has given any thought as to who they will play the week after Rhea Co. I asked some players this weekend who we'd have if we won, and they all had no idea. And I guarantee you that the coaches haven't brought it up.

Part of the even-keeled approach that Moyers mentioned is that every game is just like every other game. The week's preparation will be the same. Maryville treats each and every game like it is the most important. The coaches will spend the same amount of time reviewing film and preparing game plans and the boys will spend the same amount of time working those plans on the field and studying them in their spare time.

The Red Rebels you see on the field and on the sidelines Friday night will be and will have been completely focused on Rhea Co. even if the Red Rebels in the stands are having day dreams about TN High or whoever else gets welcomed the hard way to Shields Stadium in the ensuing weeks.

Okay, so this is why we MHS fans are having a hard time getting all wrapped up in dialogue about MHS vs. Rhea Co:

MHS has scored 446 points this season. RCO has scored 258. That's a 188 point advantage for the Rebels. By my estimation that translates to 27 touchdowns in favor of MHS.

Further, MHS has a high-powered offense which is scoring 44.6 points per game. RCO is averaging 25.8 points per game. That's a difference in favor of the Rebels of 18.8 points per game which equates to 2 touchdowns, a field goal and a safety per game.

Points Allowed/Defense:

MHS has only given up 89 points all season. RCO has given up 224 points this season in the same number of games. That's an advantage to the Rebels of 135 points. That translates to just over 19 fewer touchdowns allowed by MHS.

On average, MHS gives up only 8.9 points per game. RCO is giving up, on average, 22.4 points per game. That's a 2 touchdown per game advantage to the Rebels.

Average Margins:

On average, MHS has won by 35.7 points per game. That's 5 touchdowns per outing. On average, RCO has outscored its opponents by only 3.4 points, or one field goal, per game. That's a 32 point or 4 touchdown and a field goal advantage to the Rebels.

Overall, MHS has outscored its opponents by a total of 357 points this season. RCO has outscored its opponents by only 34 points this season. That's a 323 point advantage to the Rebels which equates to 46 touchdowns.

In its four losses RCO was outscored by 47 points. MHS has not been outscored in a really long time.

Strength of Schedule:

This is the most debatable of the statistics I'll give. While reading the numbers above, one might think that RCO played a significantly tougher schedule than did the Red Rebels. However, what one would find upon deeper inspection is that the W/L records of the two teams' opponents are almost identical.

MHS opponents: 48 and 52

RCO opponents: 47 and 52 (Brainerd apparently only played 9 games)

So, given all the above, my prediction using a weighted formula based on the above information is as follows:

MHS - 35

RCO - 10

Truth be told, I think the Rebels will get up for this game and win by a larger margin.

Look at the big brain on Papa....niiiice work bro. Also, something for us to discuss. I can't believe the final stat there....I would have figured they had played much weaker teams than us. Those numbers can fool people too though, as Rebelnation showed with TN High's opponents.

It just occured to me that I didn't make my customary Monday scoring prediction...that means I can't make one at all. Not gonna mess with the mojo...I'll give you my score Friday nite. At least Papa Knows he can trust me to be honest.

I will say we'll win...

You say big brain on Papa, I say too much time on Papa's hands. Either way, I would like to hear your prediction. What sort of accuracy rating do you have on predictions anyway? I've been within a couple of points on every game since halfway through the season.

Yeah, like I said the records might be misleading. I'm not going to get into the whole "who beat who" analysis. But I think that just looking at the overall records of the two, most would say that MHS comes from the dominant region.

I was wrong. I already posted one...had to go back and search.

Rebs 42

Tims 21

Oh man, I never get close. I'm always too generous to our opponents. Which means my score should be:

Rebs 62

Tims 7

But, I'd never say that and mean it...even if it were possible. I guess you could say I've learned to never put my all into betting on my heart...remind me to tell you that story one day.

I expect MHS to come out and be ready to win #11, soundly. Remember the flat execution the team had last week. GQ is running the heck out of the team this week because he knows the team is getting ready and has what it takes to make a great run this post season.

We are a little banged up and some starters will not see action. Some may not rotate in like normal. Key is to get out there and go hard for a half and a qtr and put this one away early. Rhea will be ready and we'll have to answer! Go Rebs!

I expect MHS to come out and be ready to win #11, soundly.  Remember the flat execution the team had last week.  GQ is running the heck out of the team this week because he knows the team is getting ready and has what it takes to make a great run this post season.

We are a little banged up and some starters will not see action.  Some may not rotate in like normal.  Key is to get out there and go hard for a half and a qtr and put this one away early.  Rhea will be ready and we'll have to answer!  Go Rebs!

825415005[/snapback]

I hope GQ is a nice dresser so he when you all get eliminated early this year he has something nice to wear to the B'Ball games. The Bobcats are ready and waiting for your murvul rebs. Hope you make it that far. Central Bobcat

I hope GQ is a nice dresser so he when you all get eliminated early this year he has something nice to wear to the B'Ball games. The Bobcats are ready and waiting for your murvul rebs. Hope you make it that far. Central Bobcat

825415105[/snapback]

Central Bobcat - Theres no need for your crap here. You are just mad because we stomped you guys a good one. Why don't you worry about who your playing this week and quit worrying about when we play you guys. We are setting our minds on RC and not you. I dont understand how ignorant people can be??? :blink: