Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art..... STOP whining about officials and say somthing about #7 making a fool out of our school?!?!?!?

Or the PA anouncer making a fool out of himself....... talk about "class"!  Did you see "G Man"????  LOL

Coaches should be ashamed after they watch film and see #7 embarassing the school.  I was actually hoping he would fumble on his long KO return in the 4th qtr!  THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER ROOTED AGAINST DB.  NO class what so ever tonight!  Maybe big donations to athletic facilities allow certain players to act like JERKS?!?!? who knows?

:lol:

and I AM from DB!

ROLL TRIBE!

825419739[/snapback]

Tu Fueta you are no fan of DB. You have talked garbage about them before and claimed to be a fan. You are probably some jealous fan of another school claiming to be a fan. I know all about it and big donations have nothing to do with any athletes behavior.

Tu Fueta you are no fan of DB.  You have talked garbage about them before and claimed to be a fan.  You are probably some jealous fan of another school claiming to be a fan. I know all about it and big donations have nothing to do with any athletes behavior.

825419759[/snapback]

Hey bud, great game by DB tonight! And my Owls of course! But I came down under the scoreboard after the famed "walk" and didn't see you. Anyways, good job and good luck.

Tu Fueta you are no fan of DB.  You have talked garbage about them before and claimed to be a fan.  You are probably some jealous fan of another school claiming to be a fan. I know all about it and big donations have nothing to do with any athletes behavior.

825419759[/snapback]

Bud..... never said anything bad about you ever! If you were there tonight you know what i'm talking about! I have never said ANYTHING bad about DB athletics untill tonight. You can read any post i have ever made on here and you'll find nothing bad about DB. you may find some comments about the "KNOW IT ALLS" but not about the teams, players or coaches untill tonight!

If there is something that i've said PLEASE copy it and paste it here for all to see, BUT I DON"T THINK YOU"RE GOING TO FIND ANYTHING!

:lol:

Sorry about that. I did not arrive until 2 minutes after kickoff. There was really bad traffic outside of Nashville that held me up. The game was very close. I was on edge. I must admit; DB did not have their usual crowd out tonight and they seemed a bit flat. Usually the fans are louder and more numerous. I think alot of people overlooked this game. If you look back, I said it would be within 1 TD

Bud..... never said anything bad about you ever!  If you were there tonight you know what i'm talking about!  I have never said ANYTHING bad about DB athletics untill tonight.  You can read any post i have ever made on here and you'll find nothing bad about DB.  you may find some comments about the "KNOW IT ALLS" but not about the teams, players or coaches untill tonight!

If there is something that i've said PLEASE copy it and paste it here for all to see, BUT I DON"T THINK YOU"RE GOING TO FIND ANYTHING!

:ph34r:

825419766[/snapback]

OK, I am sorry. Maybe it is too darn late and I thought you were another screenname. Anyways sorry. My head is killing me and the game was not very fun and stressed me out.

Grad, I hope you guys had a safe drive home. I know that is a haul. You guys fought hard and it was a good game. I know I already said it but I knew it would be within 1 TD.

Roll Tribe beat Soddy.

Ooltewah fans, I know you guys hate Soddy but are you pulling for them or DB next week?

Vandy, Congratulatiopns on the win at home against the fourth place team in the region, guess you guys missed your star receiver, or was it too cold? I was right about the passing game in the cold as usual. I guess your coaches panicked a little if you thought they should have run the ball a little more, wonder why they did not?  You never did answer my question as to who had won the most state championships you or Oak Ridge? You made the statement that you all were the winningest team in Tn. football or whatever. I was just curious as to how many state championships you had won, since most people in the state still try to emulate the tradition that is at Oak Ridge. Soddy will wear you out. Central Bobcat

825419521[/snapback]

Hey Central Bobcat,

Dobyns-Bennett is the winningest team in state history with a record of 672-200-28 while Oak Ridge has a record of 531-139-11. From 1926 thru 1964 D-B was crowned state champs 13 times (Southern champs twice before a national champ was recognized) while Oak Ridge has been state champs 7 times from 1958 to 1991 and were national champs in 1958. Dobyns-Bennett has the lead in the series 16-15. When the Oak Ridge school system was established in the 1940's the administrators asked if D-B would mind if they adopted Maroon & Gray as the Oak Ridge school colors (read that in the Oak Ridge newpaper about 1986), surely they have a library around Fountain City were you can look this info up yourself and I'll check the all-time D-B/Central record.

Roll Tribe Roll

Grad,

I have been puzzled for years by the Home Crowds for the Indians. We show up in great numbers (less and less when the temps drop...playoff time??). I loose my voice every game trying to get the crowd fired up enough to cheer for the Indians. I think most of them think showing up is support enough. They stand and clap their hands when the band plays the school song. That is the garden club fans that we have, show up to be seen and leave early. I am just so happy that the Indian fans realized in the 4th qtr that our team was in a game and if we loose, season over. I have no idea why the band was not playing much, they usually toot those horns all game long. You could hear crickets from that end last night.

There is one exception to this home crowd.... play Oak Ridge at home. We go crazy for Oak Ridge, everyone.

Now, take the DB Fans on the road... complete opposite. Huge crowd, loud, rowdy, and cheering the whole game long. DB has better fan support on the road than they do at home... It is so confussing and frustrating.

Good game Owls. DB did not look past your team. Ooltewah is a good team and DB did not have the best WR in the state in the game and that hurt... alot.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Ok, heres how I choose to look at the game...

It was a hard fought, but boring football game. I guess I have just gotten used to Duran throwing it all over the field and something new and exciting happening every series. That didn't happen tonight. So alot of credit to Ooltewah's Defense. However, DB was without its very best player, and perhaps the best player in the state, who knows. With that said, I guarantee you Ooltewah couldn't have stayed close without its best player whoever that is, noone from their side impressed me, and DB won the game without theirs. It was a good test for the tribe and my boy Darrell "Purple" Hayes stepped up big time along with Nottingham and Peeler.

As far as the atmosphere went, it sucked! The crowd sat there like they were on the crapper all night and the band maybe played 4 songs. They are the biggest and the best band in the entire state, they should start acting like it. It pisses me off that nobody wants to get off their butt and cheer for any game except DB-Oak Ridge. These kids put in a hard week of practice every single week no matter who they are playing, and have an undefeated season so far, and in my opinion they deserve the support from the crowd and the band, not just from the cheerleaders!

11-0, 4 to go! TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!!