Dobyns-Bennett vs. Ooltewah

DRDB

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ooltewah "whoo whoo" @ Sep 20 2004 - 08:15 AM)

just wait until farragut plays some real competition,(Ooltewah, soddy, and oak ridge) no disrespect, they are having a great year so far, only time will tell. Play offs are a definite possibility.

What Happened to Ooltewah "whoo whoo predictions?

Example 1

I'm not sure what Farragut has coming back except the Reviez brothers, :P but their Freshmen team beat everyone this year including the Owls. thumb

Farragut is the most overrated team in the state.  They stink.  I am sick of hearing about Farragut cause they stink so bad.  What happened when farragut played Ooltewah?

825420300[/snapback]

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They WON! They should have beat OR because they over looked them.

Farragut has the talent and heart but I feel like OR has us on the Coaching side.

The 1st game Farragut lost the ball 4 X in the Red Zone, (Thats why thy kicked field goals against the owls). If they stop that they can win.

I bet you are tired of hearing about Farragut Mr Rebel.

Our Baseball, Soccer, Wrestling. Track, CC and everything else owns Muuuryville!

(2 National/State Championships in 2 years)

To bad we can't play U in football this year or next, they would probably get U there!

Edited by rigger101

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They WON!  They should have beat OR because they over looked them.

Farragut has the talent and heart but I feel like OR has us on the Coaching side.

The 1st game Farragut lost the ball 4 X in the Red Zone, (Thats why thy kicked field goals against the owls). If they stop that they can win.

I bet you are tired of hearing about Farragut Mr Rebel.

Our Baseball, Soccer, Wrestling. Track, CC and everything else owns Muuuryville!

(2 National/State Championships in 2 years)

To bad we can't play U in football this year or next, they would probably get U there!

825420305[/snapback]

We're not Heritage!

Okay, after reading the post game posts, here goes...

Duran WAS past the line of scrimmage on the pass to Sensabaugh. It was one of the chain gang that pointed that out to the officiating crew (chain gang are officials in the playoffs).

It was not a fight on the D-B sidelines, it was an assault by one player on another...underserving, unprovoked, and classless...the crowd became more quiet after that display and even more so after the coaches returned the offending player to the field...truly unbelievable.

The P.A. announcer wasn't arguing with the officials, he was merely informing them of the time that was on the clock at the time of the kickoff so that they could more accurately reset the clock to reflect the time that should have elapsed on a nonreturned kickoff...that time was 2:42 remaining (the P.A. announcer was a certified official for 22 years).

Ooltewah was a very good team...not the first time we got hit in the mouth (Jeff Cty, Oak Ridge come to mind), but a very good team. Woods did look good throwing the ball. I was very impressed with #33, #32, #10 - always seemed to be around the ball and tackled well.

The taunting before the game was a bit over the top...I was too far away to detect spitting...but, I'll ask around.

The officiating was bad...bad both ways...I remember one five yard penalty marked off against the Owls that went for six and a half yards...that is ridiculous...

I think they had trouble with the shotgun formation and the fact that the running backs can move when the ball is snapped, they do not have to wait for the ball to reach the QB...I know we had at least four motion penalties and the Owls had at least two when we both were attacking out of the shotgun formation...Grad and anyone else who sees the tape, please let me know if my thought is correct. I thought they might have missed a couple of blocks in the back, but I am a biased observer and so not taking that any further...

When a QB kneels to end the play, he doesn't have to be right at the line behind the center...the fact that Duran went back six or seven steps (or however far) to down the ball is perfectly legal...once his knee touches the ground he is down and a hit on him is a late hit and so the officials got that right...doesn't matter how far he fades to down, it once he is down contact becomes a late hit...same is true for any ballcarrier anywhere on the field...

It was a very good football game, you all slowed down our passing game and we slowed down your running game, we hit a big play late and that was the difference.

Congratulations to the Owls for a great season and good luck next year.

Roll Tribe Roll

825420058[/snapback]

I have to agree with Skunk regarding the incident on the sidelines involving DB # 7 and # 8. This was not a fight between the two players but was an attack by #7 on # 8. This incident was an embarrassment to the school, the team, the fans, and especially the coaching staff. The coaching staff should have taken immediate action to discipline #7, but he went right back on the field. My feeling is that if # 7 had come off the field and attacked Duran, corrective action would have been taken. Certainly hope this situation is addressed this week by the coaching staff.