Greenbrier vs. McNairy Central

mchsgolf72

Da...Dum.....................CHHHHHHH!!!!!!

To reference Adam Sandler, a comedic genius (similar to yourself):  I think this Bulldog is a little less like a big mean bulldog and a little more like the puppy who lost his way.  Run on back to your board, this is a Lipscomb board.

825417585[/snapback]

Actually, this is a Greenbrier and McNairy Central board; and sorry for the softball mistake, I did mean two years ago, but I guess we shouldn't talk about the past anymore.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare those poser Lipscomb fans strike again!  The Bobcats beat them this year...cant they just give it up. I mean, come on GBT57, Greenbrier fans have lingered on Lipscomb threads all year long trying to boast in the season opening victory. Congratulations....WOO HOO....Greenbrier beat Lipscomb for the first time in school history.....It was a great game between two great teams. Now, lets give it up.  Its playoff time where nothing in the past or the regular season matters right, GreenbrierCat2? Wrong, GreenbrierCat seems to think the Cats being in the Semifinals means something, or being two time region champs, or beating McNairy last year.  Who cares? Its down to 48 minutes of football and may the best team on any given Friday night win and survive to the next round.  Highschool football--playoff style....it doesnt get any better.

825416814[/snapback]

Okay. I've read all the posts after what I posted and I feel like I've walked through the Twilight Zone. Is Coacht messed up and they have the DL board crossed with the Greenbrier/McNairy board or did the Mustangs just miss us and come to visit this board?

I've only got a couple of things to say. I am NOT aiming this post at any team or poster, however since I was "called out" by name for my previous post, I feel entitled to a reply. First, I only spoke of what our team has done, I did not slam any person or team (only mentioned that we had beat McNairy last year), as I or Greenbrier has been slammed here by fans from a team that are not even playing Greenbrier tomorrow night, did not even mention DL in my post (nor did I even give them a thought), nor was I on their topic board. As far as being proud of going to the 3A semi-finals last year, ask ANY team that got there if they would be---oh, yeah, that's right---there were only FOUR teams that did. I EVEN stated we were not "unbeatable" --- but then neither is any other team. And boy, that one measly, "stumbled upon once every few years" loss can evidently eat some particular teams inside out.

Greenbrier is going to come out tomorrow night ready to play some hard-nose, smashmouth football. The weather will be chilly and everybody better bundle up. We wish all the McNairy Central fans a good trip up. Here's to a injury free and great game. And yippee---Jacob is back!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

speakin of future DL should be worried about the buzzsaw called alcoa they will lose to in a short while. speakin of future they better enjoy the boro if they happen to make it this year because 3a football next year is gonna be nothing like the cake walk of 2a this year. greenbrier gave yall just a small dose of whats to come next year. but back to greenbrier, what happened to the QB that caused him to be out? he's a real playmaker and very few if any teams can stop the aldridge, herndon, and #40(forgot his name) combination in the backfield and i doubt mcnairy is one of those teams

Edited by HLfan68

speakin of future DL should be worried about the buzzsaw called alcoa they will lose to in a short while. speakin of future they better enjoy the boro if they happen to make it this year because 3a football next year is gonna be nothing like the cake walk of 2a this year. greenbrier gave yall just a small dose of whats to come next year. but back to greenbrier, what happened to the QB that caused him to be out? he's a real playmaker and very few if any teams can stop the aldridge, herndon, and #40(forgot his name) combination in the backfield and i doubt mcnairy is one of those teams

825417701[/snapback]

Jacob Aldridge (#10) dislocated his elbow late in the game against Marshall County. And #40's name is Clint Russell.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Amen to that! I thought this was a Greenbrier/McNairy FOOTBALL post-wait--oh it is, my bad. Seriously, leave the past in the past. We welcome everyone to our Greenbrier boards and I think it really is awesome to have support from other teams. Drop these arguments, it really is getting old. Back to football:

WOO-HOO! Jacob is back! Herndon, Aldridge and Russell lead an AMAZING team, and everyone should come out and support them...it will be freezing, good thing we have hot chocolate. Pack the stands and cheer on the Bobcats in the 1st round of 3A Playoffs. Good luck Greenbrier! :)

I too would love to see Roger Herndon in the black and gold. I think Vandy would do well to start recruiting players who have a passion and desire to go to Vandy and change things around there. They need a winning attitude something that I'm sure Herndon has. I hope to see him at Dudley next fall. In all seriousness, about the game tonight, I expect a Greenbrier win by 3 or 4 touchdowns. The group of seniors, led by Herndon, wont allow a let down, and I look for the Cats to be in Murfreesboro when December rolls around.

Edited by 2Aguru

Guest catfish-hunter

HLfan68, as much as I respect you for being a Sycamore fan I'll tell you that there is no way that David Lipscomb is going to lose to Alcoa. In last year's semifinals, DL hung up 55 points on Alcoa and from what I heard it could have easily been 100-points. David Lipscomb's biggest test prior to the Blue Cross Bowl will be a game with Tyner in the quarterfinals. That could be the night that the Mustangs bite the dust.