Wilson Central at Cookeville

Wilson Central Dogg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Topic:

I am really behind the Cats in this one. It would be great for the Wilson County if they could pull this off. Realistically, I think WC can make a statement with this game, though I don't think they will win. Who knows? A few bounces here and there and we could see an upset. Central can certainly hang with the Cavs at least. But unfortunately, I'm gonna say

Cookeville 26

WC 21 (yes, they'll get all 3 PATs)

Off Topic:

Though cheerleaders are wonderful, of course, I've always been more partial to athletes. There's something about a girl who can be tough as nails on the field and still retain an air of femininity. As a generalization, all other factors being equal, I say

soccer

tennis

softball

basketball

volleyball

in that order. not including other sports, band girls, etc, who all deserve love as well.

OK, I'll be officially responsible for this thread being closed. Sorry guys :lol:

It's going to be clear and quite cool on the Cumberland Plateau this evening-a great night for playoff football. A huge crowd is expected as the Cavaliers will try to tie the record for the most wins in a season (10) ever in Cookeville High School history.

Wilson Central the underdog and new kid on the block to the playoff scenario has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

It should be fun tonight at Eddie Watson Stadium.

Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!

Props to the Cavs. While they didn't look that good at all out there, they took advantage of WCHS's inexperience in a big way. That Missed FG (What a suprise) when we were up 14-7 when we started inside their 15 was a huge momentum shift for the Cavs. After that, it was drop after drop after drop. I was extremely amazed at how efficient our passing game was that game, other than the fact that no matter what, WCHS's receivers would not catch it. They make those catches (Including the wide open one for a TD in the third that would have made it 22-20) and I think that would have had upset potential written all over it. Also, all those unsportsmanlike conduct conduct penalties (Including the penalties when it was 22-14 that put them from the 35 to our 10) were ridiculous on WCHS's part. Just inexperience.

Personally, I think Cookeville is going to have to play ALOT better to beat Lebanon.

Personally, I think Cookeville is going to have to play ALOT better to beat Lebanon.

825419882[/snapback]

Way to go Cav's. I saw yall play Antioch. Great HS game. I like your teams heart but I've seen Oak Ridge, Farragut and Soddy Daisy and they look alot bigger and have more weapons. Maybe you will be the "Rudy" of TN HS Footall this year.

Good Luck!

On the 1st one when it was 22-14 and Cookeville was at our 35, we broke up a pass incomplete that should have been picked off, and our player was mad at himself and got a foul (that was a foolish penalty to call though).

On the 2nd one on the very next play at our 20, we force them into another incomplete pass and I didn't see what happened, but a guy next to me told me all he saw was the WCHS guy come off the field ejected from the game and throw his helmet hard on the ground. Both these penalties were by our seniors.

On the 3rd one it was on an INT from WCHS's 4th or 5th dropped pass in a row, and Cookeville returned it inside our 10 and one of our guys took out the other guy out of bounds or something and got called up.

On a side note, Our coaching staff will hopefully tell our QB that when you throw it away, you have to not only get outside the tackle box, but throw it past the line up scrimmage. Twice that cost us 15 yards when we were driving in the 4th. Like I said, so much foolish and pathetic play by WCHS that I would call it a downright disgrace by another school, but considering it was WCHS's 1st playoff football game and noone In Tennessee thought anyone other than Wilson Central's basketball team would be able to make the playoffs, I am very proud of our team's success this year.

And if Cookeville plays like that against Lebanon, Lebanon will beat them by at least three touchdowns EASILY. That really was not a good showing, but good enough, which is all that counts.