Ravenwood at Gallatin

timbdp

GWave

Who is the special teams coach? Just curious.

So long to our seniors - I'm still proud of you all! This season was bittersweet for all of us Green Wavers! I stand behind you guys no matter what and look forward to next year!!

Ben, you're my boy!

Congratulations to the Raptors and best of luck in the playoffs!!

Until next year.........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still very upset with the coaches!!! Why was Gallatin not in an anti0onside kick formation? Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming!!

I really question the capability of some of Gallatin's coaches. I know that the players play the game, but you have to have your players prepared to play and put them in a position to win. I have questioned it for the last few years. Just an example: not swapping tapes with the McGavock coaches this year. How do you prepare for a team when you don't know what to prepare for. Lassiter deserved to lose that one.

Maybe Lassiter should worry more about preparing his own team, and quit worrying about calling 105.9 and giving his wife reports on what the Vols and Titans need to do to win!!!

First of all congrats to the guys south of here. Your region handed it to us with the sweep. Second, good luck to Ravenwood. The entire Ravenwood side was very gracious in victory and deserved the win.

As far as the game plan and play calling went I agree with GWave. I liked to see the smokestack I and as the game wore on we seemed to get bigger chucks of yardage. Ravenwood just did what they had to do to win and we did not. Sensation, don't be to hard on the coaches. I was pretty critical of them myself but they did try to change things and made it obvious why we did not pass more.

Wish list for next year:

1) A big, bruising fullback to lead block for Ronez

2) WORK ON SOMEWHAT OF A PASSING GAME...ANYTHING

3) Clock management

Good luck to the senior class in whatever you do.

Daniel Becker had 19 tackles

Jennings had 123 yards through the air with 2 INTs, but 1 was hail mary at end of half, would've been a different game if receivers caught the ball like they normally do.... he also had 44 yards runnning, but more closer to 100 if you dont count the high snap and 2 sacks he took.. Jennings also intercepted 2 balls but had 1 called back.....2 punts inside the 10, heckuva game if u ask me...

Hensel and Gunner combined for 15 tackles at the DT spot with ~3-4 sacks~ that I can think of...

Wavelink, I think that the special teams coach is Mark Wilson.

Sensation, I know where you are coming from. A former teammate of yours echoed your thoughts to a tee. He hadn't seen a game in 4 or 5 years and he was very disheartened by what he saw.

Wireman, I like your list but maybe in this order.

1. clock management

2. Brusing fullback

3. Any passing game

let me add these too.

4. some unpredictability in the offense

5. more consistancy in the kicking game

6. going deep in the playoffs

7. how about Gallatin dictating a game in stead of the opposition

Hey guys before we start butchering the coaches lets remember what Lassiter said at the beginning of the year...."Be Patient"..this group of sophomores gaiined tremendous and valuable playing time this year with about 17-20 juinors retuning next year it will probably be another junior sophmore led team...just remeber the 90 team after Markel Rice went down in preseason Nipper led a young team to a playoff loss and the next year those guys only lost to Oak Ridge and Won it all against Clinton.. I know hindsight is 20/20 and we all knew it would be an onside kick but the logic in why you don't was 4 mins and 3 timeouts they would have kicked down if lined up for onsides. I have had time to digest this game and it was hard but that was only one play in which we broke down...remember the facemask on the sack that would have made it 3rd and 20 at their own 10 or how about the wide open receiver downfield and behind the db's on second down. Too many little mistakes in this game in the fourth quarter. And I would have to say that Ravenwood would have to be a favorite to win it all next year with that attacking defense and offense returning mostly intact. I also think not going to the playoffs last year hurt this group of seniors because they did not get the exposure they needed to go go deep in the playoffs. We have to prepare not to win the region next year but to win the state. We've spent so much time and attention just to beat H-ville that we lost focus on the big prize....go for it all and you will beat the teams you are supposed to. Just look at Riverdale...That used to be us.

Actually, in '91, our only loss was to Oak Ridge in the Clinic Bowl. We were 14-0 going into that game, ranked #11 in the nation in USA Today. We were led by junior QB Lawren Lassiter, Robert Lassiter's nephew. In '92 is when we went 15-0 and beat Clinton in the Clinic Bowl. That was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" according to Coach Short, lol. '93 we definitely under-achieved in my opinion. We had some very talented players returning. 9-1 regular season, and lost to Oak Ridge 14-7 in the 2nd round after a 1st round bye. That was my only home loss ever.

As for this year, the coaches really put the players in some tough predicaments. Not swapping tapes with McGavock was just STUPID on their part. Ego and too much pride bit them in their tails on that one. Not lining up to expect an onside kick was another. So what if they kicked it deep, they had squib-kicked all night anyway. Worst case in that scenarion, we get the ball on the 30 yard line. Run the ball and burn some clock, if we don't get a first down, let Ingram punt one deep. Instead, we give them the onside kick with good field position! Just stupid coaching IMO.

Like I said before, Lassiter should concentrate on his own team more, not his own ego!!! Defend him if you want, but the man has a huge ego, I know him. He shouldn't be worried about being on 105.9 with his wife on Fridays, giving reports on what the Vols and Titans need to do to win. What about what Gallatin needs to do to win?

Actually, in '91, our only loss was to Oak Ridge in the Clinic Bowl. We were 14-0 going into that game, ranked #11 in the nation in USA Today. We were led by junior QB Lawren Lassiter, Robert Lassiter's nephew. In '92 is when we went 15-0 and beat Clinton in the Clinic Bowl. That was supposed to be a "rebuilding year" according to Coach Short, lol. '93 we definitely under-achieved in my opinion. We had some very talented players returning. 9-1 regular season, and lost to Oak Ridge 14-7 in the 2nd round after a 1st round bye. That was my only home loss ever.

As for this year, the coaches really put the players in some tough predicaments. Not swapping tapes with McGavock was just STUPID on their part. Ego and too much pride bit them in their tails on that one. Not lining up to expect an onside kick was another. So what if they kicked it deep, they had squib-kicked all night anyway. Worst case in that scenarion, we get the ball on the 30 yard line. Run the ball and burn some clock, if we don't get a first down, let Ingram punt one deep. Instead, we give them the onside kick with good field position! Just stupid coaching IMO.

Like I said before, Lassiter should concentrate on his own team more, not his own ego!!! Defend him if you want, but the man has a huge ego, I know him. He shouldn't be worried about being on 105.9 with his wife on Fridays, giving reports on what the Vols and Titans need to do to win. What about what Gallatin needs to do to win?

825424650[/snapback]

That is what i said 90 we lost Markel and 91 we lost to Oak Ridge one of the worst beatings I have ever seen Gallatin team take and then won it all in 92 over Clinton...although I think the toughest game was the week before in Paris against Henry Co. with the "mobile sidelines" we won 16-14 becaiuse of an early saftey with a snap over the punters head. I just believe we bit the bullet this year with a young team and it will payoff in the long run for us.