Fairview-Adamsville Preview

Gerry Bertier

If you can compare to the speed that hillwood has then your pretty fast. But seeing that, that isnt possible Fairview shouldnt have a problem due to keeping up with region 6's speed. Fairview kept up with hillwoods speed pretty well until the 4th quarter. Hillwood is a 10-0 team this year in 4A. They probably have the fastest players in the state on their team also. I meen thier quaterback and runningback are just straight out freakish its unbelievable. So dont use your speed to compare yourself to fairview. Your speed wont get you anywhere.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good point there, how could I forget that the Jackets played well against a top 10 4A team whose overall team speed is the best in Middle TN in their class. Yeah I know Huntingdon can't match that speed of Hillwood and I am pretty sure Camden can't. Very good point again. Like I said before Fairview has more overall team speed than they have had in a long time. Good luck to the Jackets this week.

I hope all 6-AA teams believe that 5-AA teams cannot compete. I remember a 9-1 Huntington team in 2002, ranked #3 in the state, who believed it so much that they kicked an extra point in the first half when they were down by 2. Turns out, the "big, slow" Fairview team beat them 16-15 at Huntington. Mr. Bertier made the game-winning interception, I think.

So rock on 6-AA - you guys are great!

BTW - congratulations Fairview on your region title! No one deserves it more than you. Not too long ago, Fairvew players were laughed at and made fun of in the hallways. Don't hear that too much anymore. People like Bertier and db33 and bigjoe paved the way and this year's Jackets made it happen.

Congrats again to the players and coaches in Fairview.

CoachT

I hope all 6-AA teams believe that 5-AA teams cannot compete.  I remember a 9-1 Huntington team in 2002, ranked #3 in the state, who believed it so much that they kicked an extra point in the first half when they were down by 2.  Turns out, the "big, slow" Fairview team beat them 16-15 at Huntington.  Mr. Bertier made the game-winning interception, I think. 

So rock on 6-AA - you guys are great!

BTW - congratulations Fairview on your region title!  No one deserves it more than you.  Not too long ago, Fairvew players were laughed at and made fun of in the hallways.  Don't hear that too much anymore. People like Bertier and db33 and bigjoe paved the way and this year's Jackets made it happen.

Congrats again to the players and coaches in Fairview.

CoachT

825410267[/snapback]

I guess it does seem like I've been on the scene for a while..but the funny thing is, I'm just a senior this year!! I broke my leg earlier this year, which why you haven't seen me much recently!!! I lucke dout and had a coach that believed in a dumb little freshman(that was me) and he started me...so i got lucky...four year starter, how many people can say that!!!! B)

Edited by dback33

Guest catfish-hunter
u r crazy! lets see 6-2a  1-4 is Huntington is the defending state champs, and have a good chance at it again, Camden is probably one the best if not the best in the state, Mckenzie has probably the best QB except for the kid from Temple in the state, and Adamsville is a very good team!

5-2a Fairview is a good team, but u cannot match them up w/ huntington.  Cheatem is also another good team, but if matched up against Camden they would lose by 15.  Lewis County vs. Mckenzie wouldnt be a bad game, but drew hayes is just 2 good, and Last but not least Adamsville would beat Lorreto by 2 tds.

If the top 4 teams from both regions were matched up 6-2a would just come out on top.

825410119[/snapback]

First of all, there is NO WAY that Camden would beat Cheatham by 15-points. Secondly, Drew Hayes is not the best quarterback in the state. Cheatham has already played a better quarterback than Hayes and he is Josh Garza from Sycamore. Loretto would simply run it down Adamsville's and McKenzie's throats. McKenzie's defense is suspect at best and Cheatham will exploit them quickly this Friday night. Camden has Boyd and that's it, end of story. Lewis County is about to go to Camden and burst their bubble right away because the Panthers have a pretty good back themselves and they also have a better defense than Camden, look at the stats if you don't believe me. Adamsville should just stay at home because Fairview will beat them as bad as they want to because since the Montgomery Central loss the Yellow Jackets have been a team on a mission. Finally there is the Loretto at Huntingdon game. Huntingdon does not have that same hunger that they showed week after week in 2003, maybe that's because it was just the regular season. If Huntingdon comes out focused, then they'll put Loretto away quickly. If Huntingdon comes out flat, then Loretto will give them fits all night because to win in the playoffs you need a power running game and an efficient quarterback and Loretto has them both.

Huntingdon beats Loretto (42-21)

Fairview beats Adamsville (42-7)

Lewis County beats Camden (24-21)

Cheatham beats McKenzie (35-28)

First of all, there is NO WAY that Camden would beat Cheatham by 15-points.  Secondly, Drew Hayes is not the best quarterback in the state.  Cheatham has already played a better quarterback than Hayes and he is Josh Garza from SycamoreLoretto would simply run it down Adamsville's and McKenzie's throats.  McKenzie's defense is suspect at best and Cheatham will exploit them quickly this Friday night.  Camden has Boyd and that's it, end of story.  Lewis County is about to go to Camden and burst their bubble right away because the Panthers have a pretty good back themselves and they also have a better defense than Camden, look at the stats if you don't believe me.  Adamsville should just stay at home because Fairview will beat them as bad as they want to because since the Montgomery Central loss the Yellow Jackets have been a team on a mission.  Finally there is the Loretto at Huntingdon game.  Huntingdon does not have that same hunger that they showed week after week in 2003, maybe that's because it was just the regular season.  If Huntingdon comes out focused, then they'll put Loretto away quickly.  If Huntingdon comes out flat, then Loretto will give them fits all night because to win in the playoffs you need a power running game and an efficient quarterback and Loretto has them both.

Huntingdon beats Loretto (42-21)

Fairview beats Adamsville (42-7)

Lewis County beats Camden (24-21)

Cheatham beats McKenzie (35-28)

825410851[/snapback]

I've looked at the stats already and they favor Camden period...but we'll see Friday won't we.

Catfish knows what he is talking about, he has the offical Gerry Bertier endorsement. This guys has a great understanding of high school football, me and him have not always seen eye to eye. But I think he has given a pretty fair assessment of every team. Camden had a little bit easier schedule than Lewis Co. so they allowed a few less pts. a game but Lewis Co. had two more shutouts than Camden. So I say things are even and the coaching advantage has to go to Lewis Co. You have to respect the program Coach Sharp has built in Howenwald, dont get me wrong though Coach Ward is a great coach hisself, but he doesnt have the resume of Sharp.

I posted some of this on another thread and I put it here to prove a point....numbers can be deceiving...when you break it down and really pull out the numbers that count it can give you a different perspective...

Camden avg strength of schedule of all opponents....20th

Lewis co. " ".....30th

Camden avg strength rating of all opponents............28th

Lewis Co." "............34th

Camden avg strength of schedule of teams beat with .500 or better......18th

Lewis co " "......44th

Camden avg strength rating of teams beat with .500 or better...............27th

Lewis co " "...............32nd

6aa is not any easy region with suspect winning percentages...we fight hard against high quality teams just like region 5aa...the difference is the success rating...it favors Camden period...I do think that Lewis co will come to Camden and make it a hard fought battle....but we will see Friday just how things stack up against the stats. Good luck to both teams and I hope both teams are injury free...I'll see all ya'll Lions fans Thursday nite....let's make it a HUGE crowd to cheer our team on to VICTORY! thumb Go LIONS!

Edited by tamirrt

Guest catfish-hunter
I posted some of this on another thread and I put it here to prove a point....numbers can be deceiving...when you break it down and really pull out the numbers that count it can give you a different perspective...

Camden avg strength of schedule of all opponents....20th

Lewis co. " ".....30th

Camden avg strength rating of all opponents............28th

Lewis Co." "............34th

Camden avg strength of schedule of teams beat with .500 or better......18th

Lewis co " "......44th

Camden avg strength rating of teams beat with .500 or better...............27th

Lewis co " "...............32nd

6aa is not any easy region with suspect winning percentages...we fight hard against high quality teams just like region 5aa...the difference is the success rating...it favors Camden period...I do think that Lewis co will come to Camden and make it a hard fought battle....but we will see Friday just how things stack up against the stats. Good luck to both teams and I hope both teams are injury free...I'll see all ya'll Lions fans Thursday nite....let's make it a HUGE crowd to cheer our team on to VICTORY! thumb  Go LIONS!

825411056[/snapback]

How can somebody talk so much smack when the team that he is hyping up has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs. History speaks for itself and for Camden that means that either Lewis County or Harpeth have destroyed you guys in the first round for like a decade now. Fate has a way of showing it's ugly little head, so having said that guess who Camden gets to play in this year's opening round of the playoffs??? It is one of those two teams that has absolutely taken yall behind the woodshed for years now.

Gerry Bertier, are you going to Fairview for this one??? I hope that the Yellow Jackets send a message because all of those west-TN "experts" seem to think very little of our region. Best of luck to you guys in this one!!!

I am hoping to make it back to Fairview for the game, rain has screwed up our flag football schedule so we might be playing. I know Coach Mac will have the Jackets ready for the Cardinals and will come out playing their brand of smashmouth football. If I don't make it to the game, I will be getting updates all night long from Fairviewians. If I am not in Fairview I will be attending the Westview-Manassas game. It is playoff time, strap it on boys it is time to get down and dirty.