Fairview-Adamsville Preview

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is best of luck Jackets :D and I cannot wait to se this game

825411486[/snapback]

You must be a cross country runner, congrats on the region championship. Fairview has began turning all its sports programs around and I think it started in 2001 when the baseball team won the district championship. ever since then every team has gotten better and better. just joking about the turning point but Fairview is now producing not only great athletes but great young men and women.

I will agree with TheBoredGuy's last post. Every year about this time, these same "discussions" break out. Play on the field will tell us who is the best in our matchups between us over here in 6AA and ya'll. As a McKenzie fan, I've seen some great games with the Rebels and 5AA teams. There have been very few "blowouts" where we were involved. Harpeth thumped us pretty good the first two times we ever played them back in the late '90's but, we finally got revenge for those two losses. I think we kinda overwhelmed Cheatham Co. early in the game last season and they never got backk in that one.

But, overall we (6AA & 5AA) have matched up pretty well as a rule except for the one "exceptional" team out of each region each year.

Apparently, that is Fairview this season with Cheatham Co. being a close second. I will say that McKenzie has played Fairview twice in this time and are 2-0 against them but, that has nothing to do with THIS season. Both of our games with Fairvies were slug fests and surely I watched several of you Fairview posters play here those two games. Both were great games that an impartial observer would say BOTH teams deserved to win!! (Ya'll REALLY surprised all of us the year ya'll beat Huntingdon!!!) We also, expect a much different game with Cheatham Co. than we had last season.

Fairview SHOULD be able to handle Adamsville this week but, don't put them in the bank right now. They are fast and tough. On a given night they can make a lot of teams really work for a win over them. When they are "right", they don't "go away" very easy.

Good luck to 6AA!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Great unbiased post duckman, I need to learn from you more. Yeah I vividly remember playing in those slugfest or mudfest with McKenzie "both heartbreakers for our team" but we had nothing to be ashamed of. I hope every team plays there best game of the year Friday night so everyone will walk away knowing they gave it your best cause you dont wanna leaving the field thinking what if I did this or did that? Cause I will tell you from personal experience it isn't a fun thing, once again good luck to Fairview and the other 7 teams playing this Friday night to move on.

Gerry Bertier,

You are VERY right. you always want to "leave it ALL on the field". Leave no regrets. That was the way I played and the way I taught my son to play! My days were MANY years ago and my son graduated one year before we played ya'll the first time.Ya'll had nothing to hang your heads about in your games with McKenzie.

They were both a war. And great games to watch. Both times I set new records for holding my breath!!!!!!!!

Gerry Bertier,

PS-------Posting is really simple for me. My HEART is with 6AA and especially McKenzie. But, my head says that we HAVE to be ready to play (all of the 6AA teams---especilly McKenzie) I post from my head and support from my heart!!!

Having a memory helps some too. Between these two regions there is only about one "easy" game each playoff season and the rest are usually tough games.