Mt Juliet vs Knox West

timbdp

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about Knox West I know nothing about them?

825410317[/snapback]

They are an outstanding offensive team. West has two backs - Hootie Henderson and Nate Martin - who are as good as any two backs you'll see anywhere in the state on one team. Each has the ability to take it the distance anytime they touch the football. Martin is also the Rebel's leading receiver. Both Henderson and Martin are likely to play college football at the D1-AA level.

The Rebel quarterback, D'Brian Varnado, is 6'2" and 230. He is a load. He's not the greatest at throwing the ball that you will ever see, but he's not bad and can throw when he needs to. Varnado will run over you on the option.

The offensive line is not very big.

West's shortcoming is on defense. They are good in the secondary and linebacking corps, but are a bit thin up front.

Their kicker/punter Wes Crawford has a big leg. He will put the ball in the end zone practically every time on the kickoff and punts the ball long and high.

Honestly, with the talent they have i'm shocked that West didn't make the playoffs, but that just goes to prove how tough region 3-4A really is.

BigWesDad, I-40 to the Baxter/Gainsboro exit #280. Take a left. Go up to the second 4-way stop at Highway 70. Turn left. The school will be on your left just a little ways. Or, you could just take the scenic route on highway 70 from MJ through Lebanon/Tucker's/Carthage/etc. until you get to Baxter and the school is on your right. I was just there yesterday. Make sure you get Crawford to come to the superlift in March.

McGavock is always the host school. Coca-Cola has sponsored it as long as I have helped with it (1988). I believe we scheduled it for Thursday March 10th. That way it wouldn't interfere with spring break and spring sports. It would also be after Wrestling and all but the state tournament in basketball. Hope you will be able to help out. I am going to try to get Ryan Brown to come out as well. Maybe he could start a high school level of NASS or something. Anything to get these kids off the couch and competing. Saw the article in PLUSA. Good luck Saturday night. I am going to try to go to the game myself.