Best Game You Saw All Year

we4b4thetigers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton JV beat the Dobyns-Bennett JV in overtime.....best game I have seen in several years. Even though the Tribe lost, was everything that was good about H.S. sports. Was proud to have been a part of it.

(on review, it sounded like I played in the game. I was only a bystander witha camera)

Edited by KptVol

Kingsport DB @ Oak Ridge (Round 1 ) 48-31

The game was much closer than the final score. Both teams held 4 fingers high going into the 4th qtr.

I never caught the stats. But Duran Duran Ferguson has 2 TD Runs (5 total for the season) and 3 TD Passes (14 total for the season).. 2 TD Passes were to Lamon Williams. #1 TD for Lamon was a 60 Yd BOMB. 2nd TD should have been and was nearly intercepted in the endzone to end the 1st half, but Lamon just took the ball out of the OR Defenders hands. That gave DB a 26-21 Halftime lead. The 3rd TD pass was to David Earls, TE...a beautiful pass play.

It appeared like OR was going to take control of the game early in the 2nd half. OR scored on the initial drive and added a 2 pt conversion to make it 29-26 OR. DB fumbled the following Kickoff and OR scooped the ball up and nearly scored a TD, but the guy fumbled, the ball ended up in the DB endzone with DB recovering for a Safety for OR..31-26 OR. DB kicked of to OR and this is what was so huge in the game. OR was on the DB 45 with 4th and 1-1/2 yds... they should have gone for it, DB was not stopping the run... for some reason, OR punted. DB took over the game from that point on.

It was a fantastic game, especially the first half. I was beat to death by halftime and could hardly speak from the non stop cheering.

Best ever ROAD CROWD I HAVE SEEN FOR THE INDIANS. AND OAK RIDGE HAD THEIR HILL FILLED AND THE STANDS WERE BUSTING OPEN. THIS IS THE BEST RIVALRY IN EAST TENNESSEE SINCE 5A CLASSIFICATION. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Kingsport DB @ Oak Ridge (Round 1 ) 48-31

The game was much closer than the final score. Both teams held 4 fingers high going into the 4th qtr.

I never caught the stats. But Duran Duran Ferguson has 2 TD Runs (5 total for the season) and 3 TD Passes (14 total for the season).. 2 TD Passes were to Lamon Williams. #1 TD for Lamon was a 60 Yd BOMB. 2nd TD should have been and was nearly intercepted in the endzone to end the 1st half, but Lamon just took the ball out of the OR Defenders hands. That gave DB a 26-21 Halftime lead. The 3rd TD pass was to David Earls, TE...a beautiful pass play.

It appeared like OR was going to take control of the game early in the 2nd half. OR scored on the initial drive and added a 2 pt conversion to make it 29-26 OR. DB fumbled the following Kickoff and OR scooped the ball up and nearly scored a TD, but the guy fumbled, the ball ended up in the DB endzone with DB recovering for a Safety for OR..31-26 OR. DB kicked of to OR and this is what was so huge in the game. OR was on the DB 45 with 4th and 1-1/2 yds... they should have gone for it, DB was not stopping the run... for some reason, OR punted. DB took over the game from that point on.

It was a fantastic game, especially the first half. I was beat to death by halftime and could hardly speak from the non stop cheering.

Best ever ROAD CROWD I HAVE SEEN FOR THE INDIANS. AND OAK RIDGE HAD THEIR HILL FILLED AND THE STANDS WERE BUSTING OPEN. THIS IS THE BEST RIVALRY IN EAST TENNESSEE SINCE 5A CLASSIFICATION. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Roll Tribe Roll

825411767[/snapback]

this man knows where its at