Toughest gym to play in

balla44

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've got to say... CLARKRANGE for the following reasons:

1. Because there is no easy up there, especially on a bus ride!

2. When you get there, it's so HOT in that gym, you'd think that might melt some of those GOLD BALLS or hope to play skins and shirts!

3. All fans on the same side of the gym, you never know if you'll see your family come off that mountain alive!

4. Did I mention that Stuffed Buffalo in the entrance?? You know when the mascot is stuffed, that schools means BUSINESS!! :blink::)

I guess the Summertown gym is pretty tough there, balla44. The side lines are a little tight and that 4 ft paneled wall must hurt when you hit it. But as a fan, I like the atmosphere there. There is nothing like an old gym to make one wish the newer gyms had some of that old gym feeling. I hope I can return there this year sometime and scout some games.

I think the Loretto High School gym is EXTREMELY tough to play in. The temperature is miserable to all opponents and fans except for "Loretto's Finest!!" Also, the bleachers are very closed to the court, and the players can hear what is being yelled, and chanted each trip they take up and down the floor. "The Barn" as we Lady Mustang Fans like to call it, can be rocked at times when need be. For example, the district tournament last year, was dern near unbareable for the Lady Bobcats to compete in. It was so loud, and so one sided as far as crowd size and cheerin, that they couldn't even concentrate on what they need to be doing. I love "The Barn" and dont care if we ever get another gym. I say we just keep moppin up the floor when it rains in through the wholes in the roof, gettin the floor redone when termites eat through it, patchin tha roof after a strong wind sweeps through town, and remodelin the same old dressin rooms, i mean after all, the Opponents are all that has to dress in them anyway!! Go Lady Mustangs!!

So long for now..... now YOU, just sit back and wait for your journey to, "The Barn"

It'll be an experience you won't soon be able to forget!!! :D thumb

I will have to say hands down it is Moore County. I would like to know there record there in the last 5 years there. There is a reasoning for all this.

1. The Hack Coaches that yell and try to intimidated the Refs from the front row.

2. The ref's do get intimidated and alway's call the game in Moore Co's favor.

3. It has a great atmosphere, small gym packed everytime they play.

4. The other teams are alway's frightened by the Pocket knives and whittling contest that are going on during the ballgame

5. The Gym has no air-conditioning

6. The Baby Blue paint is full of asbestos

7. The ref's get a free pint from Jack Daniel's for every technical called on the opposing coach.

What do you think Lynchmob?

Edited by Unionvegas

I have been in many single A gyms and there are several difficult places to play and hope to have a chance to win. Red Boiling Springs has already been mentioned and I would have to rank Gordonsville's and Celina's old gyms right up there with RBS. As bad as those places are, I would have to agree with a previous post. Clarkrange is the most intimidating place to play an away game. You seem to drive forever just to get to Monterey and then realize that you are in the city compared to where you are going to end up. The fans are diehard. They come out in huge numbers to support the basketball teams and are very vocal, to say the least. It may not be the toughest place to play, but try and tell Lamar that while staring in the glare of a few gold balls.

I guess the Summertown gym is pretty tough there, balla44.  The side lines are a little tight and that 4 ft paneled wall must hurt when you hit it.  But as a fan, I like the atmosphere there.  There is nothing like an old gym to make one wish the newer gyms had some of that old gym feeling.  I hope I can return there this year sometime and scout some games.

825412086[/snapback]

good post, i agree totally... theres something about being in the "ark".

I think the Loretto High School gym is EXTREMELY tough to play in. The temperature is miserable to all opponents and fans except for "Loretto's Finest!!" Also, the bleachers are very closed to the court, and the players can hear what is being yelled, and chanted each trip they take up and down the floor. "The Barn" as we Lady Mustang Fans like to call it, can be rocked at times when need be. For example, the district tournament last year, was dern near unbareable for the Lady Bobcats to compete in.  It was so loud, and so one sided as far as crowd size and cheerin, that they couldn't even concentrate on what they need to be doing. I love "The Barn" and dont care if we ever get another gym. I say we just keep moppin up the floor when it rains in through the wholes in the roof, gettin the floor redone when termites eat through it, patchin tha roof after a strong wind sweeps through town, and remodelin the same old dressin rooms, i mean after all, the Opponents are all that has to dress in them anyway!! Go Lady Mustangs!!

So long for now..... now YOU, just sit back and wait for your journey to, "The Barn"

It'll be an experience you won't soon be able to forget!!! :D  thumb

825412846[/snapback]

SPORTZTER1 . . Loretto is a AA school, but as a player, I do have to agree that this gym is extremely hard to play in.