Toughest gym to play in

balla44

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Columbia Academy's "THE PIT'' is a tough gym to play in. Just like Summertown, you feel boxed in. And when its packed, you feel like the fans are right on you. Plus the sidelines are right up against the walls. There's hardly any room to throw the ball in. When you do throw the ball in, you have to turn sideways.  :D

825432325[/snapback]

Omg, I hate Columbia Academy's gym. And because the sidelines are so close to the wall, if you're in the stands, you can't see what is going down below you. You have to stand up on the walkway next to the railing just to see what is going on.

Well, I've got to say... CLARKRANGE  for the following reasons:

1.  Because there is no easy up there, especially on a bus ride!

2. When you get there, it's so HOT  in that gym, you'd think that might melt some of those GOLD BALLS or hope to play skins and shirts!

3. All fans on the same side of the gym, you never know if you'll see your family come off that mountain alive!

4. Did I mention that Stuffed Buffalo in the entrance?? You know when the mascot is stuffed, that schools means BUSINESS!! :angry:  :P

825411790[/snapback]

my sisters graduated from there and a cousin played ball there...and I hadn't thought about it that way...thanks for the chuckle...and yes..we do raise 'em to play ball on the mountain :)

I don't know if they still have the same gym, and they're returning to Div.1-A next year, but MTC's gym was a terrible place to play.

On one end if you did a layup you'd end up on a stage and on the other end you'd end up in the concession stand. And I don't know about the girls but the boys barely had enough room for there feet between the three point line and the out-of-bounds.

Of course if I had played for MTC I would have loved that home court advantage.