East Robertson meets Lipscomb in 2nd round

howudoin

Yeah I know who bombsquad is. Several weeks ago I thought he was a parent but when  I found out he was not I have left him alone.

825427809[/snapback]

Twitty knows who everybody is, especially the Purity Ice Cream Truck!

Thursday night, time to update the depth chart. See you boys during

practice.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tennessean has it 35-7 at the half,,,don't guess it will matter this week. lipscomb should win this one if they can weather the storm. look for a couple of strong pushes by east. seize the momentum and the game is yours. as always you have to focus on this opponett...one at a time

this thread needs some life in it

i wish bombsquad, hsfball and the others would show up.

twittycanes have you guessed the id of bombsquad yet

825427470[/snapback]

...Ah, it's nice to be wanted. Twitty, sorry if I caused your any trouble in your hunt for my identity. So you want some life, eh? Well, hate to tell you, but in order to have any decent banter, there must be two parties involved. You may referene earlier DL threads to disagreee with that statement, but I did say decent banter. Everyone knows that we are capable of toying with any CoachT-ers that want to try and play along with us, seems the demand has gone down though. I guess I'll have to talk football for a change. Everyone thinks ER will come out firing, trying to get on top of the Stangs. I say look for DL to come out and remove any thought of an ER win early. I say DL by 14 after one.

Twitty knows who everybody is, especially the Purity Ice Cream Truck!

Thursday night, time to update the depth chart.  See you boys during

practice.

825427872[/snapback]

Everybody on the radio crew hopes that Coach Taylor has the depth chart ready and has some REAL insight on the game instead of all of that coach speak-despite the fact according to Coach T on the high school assistant coach thread that he is looking to make a move possibly hooking up with Lee Edwards and Coach Scott Waldorf Tillman

...Well gee Mister, I sure hope the Mustangs can make it out of this one in one piece.  Excuses?  You got beat.  Why does anyone need an excuse?  If anyone can do it East Robertson can?  How about if anyone can do it someone better than East Robertson can.  Let me know when they stop going out to prove something and actually prove something.  I have respect for East Robertson, but they are not on the same level as DL.  I am not saying it is impossible for them to beat DL either.  It would however, be a major upset.  Man, I wish you hadn't told them you were going to be there watching, cause now that they know you'll be watching, I'm sure that'll make them play harder.

825426671[/snapback]

Bomb Squad, why do you run mouth so much? Are you just trying to add to your posts? I know you will respond to this just to get "another post in".

east robertson advances to meet david lipscomb who is ready for about anything right now...lipscomb coming off of a win against marion county 41-21...any upset theories that are absurd and wont even happen....personally i say lipscomb by however many they want

825419526[/snapback]

Some of you, yes you think that this is going to be a runaway!!! Fine, you go ahead and think that!!! Every team that they have played, the predictions' of Murphy Fair had East ranked second to the bottom in pre-season book. The worse that they rate them and the more that they have to go against the ref's...if your a player you can look at all of East's games, you will see yourselves that not only were they playing against a team.. they also had to play the ref's too. These guys want no excuses...Let EVERYONE look ahead, don't even look at the game tomorrow night. Go ahead and start figuring out who the team is that Lipscomb will be playing "NEXT" Friday!!! These young men love when people, players, and coaches think that there is NO possible way that East can win this week's game. Ask Polk County who was at top of their game, they were looking at "this Friday", tomorrow Friday, on who they were playing, not who they were up against last Friday night, East Robertson!!! Well they can look all they want to now because they are sitting at home or are watching ball at another field because all that gettin' ready for this Friday night, their aint no gettin ready because they aint playin this Friday night. Easty Robertson- 12..Polk- County-7.

With having Hudson back in the game where he didn't play at all the first meeting of the two...#5 Chervantis, Payne..Great Speed.

#13 Murphy and #11 wide receivers. #13 Murphy, big senior can just about catch anything thrown to him.

The defense which will blow any sports minded recruiter away...We love playing teams like this!!! You bring out the recruiters...thank you for that...Recruiters come and ask for names on some of these defensive lineman that is on East's roster. Rusin, #55 and Phillips, #77 will impress any football fan that is at the game!!! Rusin, having 13 sacks with getting 1 more playing David Lipscomb will break school's record. An average of 9 solo and asst. tackles per game. Phillips, #77, 7 sacks, with an average of 9 solo and asst. tackles per game. Senior Ryan Carey, #71, making two huge sacks last week against Polk County!!! Murphy and Dudley in the back field!!! Teko Andrews and Desmond Payne, Justin Sharklett, Chase Cerventis, all dangerous backs!!! Have great speed!!! After watching what these boys did shutting Polk County's offense down, play after play, down after down, having nothing left inside of them getting all together and knowing that these same young men would turn around on offense that drive, being on their own 5 yard line making holes for Hudson Comes all the way down scoring with 22 seconds left!!! Shock of all Shocks to many teams and media, "No shock" to East Robertson Coahes and fans!!!

So to a team that we respect, the Mustangs, go ahead and start adding your points up in your minds, we have nothing to loose!!! We will be playing as if this is the last game of our season or to be playing to advance further in the play off's!!! No one has worried about us all year long until after the game is over, with their mouths dropped in awe, paying compliments to Hudson, Chase, Dud, Murph, really emphazing on the killer defense and the hugeness of "Jimbo Rusin", and "Phillips"!!!!!!! Watch out for #52, Kahn. Senior starter, is huge both ways!!! Been getting some stats himself lately!!! Polk County big game for Micah!!! Can't forget #23 Trent MCCormick, the speed of a madman, one of the team's leaders in getting the gang pumped up!!! Him and Carey can come out of no where on defense and offense, you know who you have hit once your down and you see the number's!!! We have been picked to loose just about every game that we have played this year...thanks to those predictions and the ref's killing us, we just seem to like it that way!!! Adversity...That's Easts' middle name!!! We never stopped at winning Jr. Pro and Sr. Pro's division champs with wins against Greenbrier and White House. Alot of those two teams who have outstanding athletes on their team, them growing up together playing with each other since the age of 5. Well, you guys remember those days when East played ya'll, 7 of us from those days are still back together wanting to win this teams first TITLE in 2-A ball!!! We are all SENIOR'S now with the help of a great team with younger and strong starters such as McAllister, Johnson, Hudgens, who are all on a mission to help their SENIORS win each Friday night to the end!!! It's baby steps for East, one Friday at a time!!!

with all I wrote above...East by 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to thank David Lipscomb as a fan. High Class ball team!!! Been to watch you the last couple of times bringing a huge crowd with us to sit on your side to beat GoodPasture!!! We read what some of you wrote when we were playing Polk County!!! The majority of you chose us and bragged on our defense!!! We appreciate that alot!!!

Good luck to both teams!!! May you play ball as the way football is played!!! No dirty ref's, we really can't take it anymore!!! LOL!!! Focus on the game completely!!! What ever happens, you know that you can go right back at them!!! You have finally admitted that you have the "STRENGTH and SELF CONFIDENCE" in your minds to beat any team that is put in front of you!!! Go to your players that are your leaders, go to your coaches if needed. Just have that game plan in your mind and remember it!!! After eating lunch..remember your senior song by the great Pink Flloyd, this led you thru your homecoming!!! "HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR PUDDING IF YOU DON"T EAT THE MEAT"?

Senior's... the song for you tonight will be" Live like you were dying"!!! The words are soo true!!! We can only ask for the best, you've shown us that, let's get another week added to our schedule!!! You guys win "THIS" game...No Tellin' what Mr. Ballard is going to do for the school next week!!! You have brought back football in the City of Cross Plains!!! It's about time!!! LOL!!! Remember, no matter what the out take is of the game, "YOU THE CLASS OF 2005 WILL BE THE 1ST CLASS EVER TO HAVE MADE IT TO THE 2ND ROUND IN DISTRICT PLAY OFF'S!!!! It's a heck of a lot harder than when you were in 1-A!!! The team that is dominating, DCA is the one team that their coaches have always admitted it's soo hard playing East Robertson!!! They flipped over your defense, you all almost beat them!!! Their coach said in the paper that EAST ROBERTSON will be the ONLY TEAM that could have came close in beating them!!! Well we knew that..

CONGRADS.............TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that this will be one of the best games of the year regardless of the outcome! Good luck to both teams, play hard, play clean, and play with sportmanship! David Lipscomb, ya'll are a great football team, and ya'll have helped East get better, and we look forward to playing ya'll once again and probably for the last time! Thanks for the encouragement from your coaching staff as wel as fans and players alike! We would rather be playing someone else and meet ya'll a week later, but now our road runs through David Lipscomb, and we will be chugging hard! Its about time for the two top trains to collide again! Which one wins, no one knows until the end -- tonight about 10:00! Good luck David Lipscomb! GO EAST HIGH! :D:angry: thumb

I know that this will be one of the best games of the year regardless of the outcome!  Good luck to both teams, play hard, play clean, and play with sportmanship!  David Lipscomb, ya'll are a great football team, and ya'll have helped East get better, and we look forward to playing ya'll once again and probably for the last time!  Thanks for the encouragement from your coaching staff as wel as fans and players alike! We would rather be playing someone else and meet ya'll a week later, but now our road runs through David Lipscomb, and we will be chugging hard!  Its about time for the two top trains to collide again!  Which one wins, no one knows until the end -- tonight about 10:00!  Good luck David Lipscomb! GO EAST HIGH! :D  :angry:  thumb

825428688[/snapback]

...It's posts like this that make me holster my sarcasm. A lot of sportsmanship in this post. I appreciate that. I hope that most of you realize I don't mean any harm to anyone on this board. Hope everyone has a safe game, hope both teams perform well, and of course I hope the Mustangs come out on top so I can keep talking for another week.

Oh pauladcc...

...It's posts like this that make me holster my sarcasm.  A lot of sportsmanship in this post.  I appreciate that.  I hope that most of you realize I don't mean any harm to anyone on this board.  Hope everyone has a safe game, hope both teams perform well, and of course I hope the Mustangs come out on top so I can keep talking for another week.

Oh pauladcc...

825428702[/snapback]

Well I think a little more of you bomb. Good luck to East and DL tonight! If you make it to the game Bomb dress warm.