Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

I would have to agree that Powell will need to get their running game going in this game, and I'm not just talking about Cody on his pa rollouts. I think it would be nice to see some carries going to baron and lakin early 3ball, that would wear down on that front line of Maryville's, but huffaker is definitely going to have to get something going this game for Maryville to respect our run.

Powell will also have to get back to going to Lee as they have not thrown to him that much in the last couple games. He has some great hands but dropped a touchdown pass against Cleveland. Courtney and Widener really showed that they could catch the ball in the Cleveland game also.

Defense did play well against Cleveland, but it is a WHOLE different ball game against maryville and their receivers. Powell will have to get some pressure on the qb like they did against Cleveland. Cody will have to get out of the pocket and make some stuff happen. His field vision is improving every game :rolleyes: .

And Jay will be ready this friday. He is one of the hardest hitters I have seen so it will be fun to watch. Good luck to both teams, and lets hope for a good game!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree that Powell will need to get their running game going in this game, and I'm not just talking about Cody on his pa rollouts.  I think it would be nice to see some carries going to baron and lakin early 3ball, that would wear down on that front line of Maryville's, but huffaker is definitely going to have to get something going this game for Maryville to respect our run.

Powell will also have to get back to going to Lee as they have not thrown to him that much in the last couple games.  He has some great hands but dropped a touchdown pass against Cleveland.  Courtney and Widener really showed that they could catch the ball in the Cleveland game also. 

Defense did play well against Cleveland, but it is a WHOLE different ball game against maryville and their receivers.  Powell will have to get some pressure on the qb like they did against Cleveland.  Cody will have to get out of the pocket and make some stuff happen.  His field vision is improving every game :rolleyes: .

And Jay will be ready this friday.  He is one of the hardest hitters I have seen so it will be fun to watch.  Good luck to both teams, and lets hope for a good game!

825422735[/snapback]

Well eye look fer a good gaim this fridee. As a Mairvul fan eye hope Pal gives Baron more carries and he plays a lott both ways. If he duz, hit will sho up latur in tha gaim. Smith is vurry good and Watts is also a xcepshunal athleet.

Go Rebs.

Pal painthurs you meen?

If you all didn't have so many playing both ways, it would help. You all hit harder than any other two teams we've seen in a couple years. I'm glad we played you all before Central and the playoffs. It had to have helped being hit that hard.

The only thing your team is really missing is speed. If ya'll had some real burners, you would probably have beaten us and Central!! :rolleyes:

To the morons that keep saying that maryville has people that pay to play, you guys have no clue. Maryville is not the only school that has players that pay tution. My roomate in college played football at Alcoa and he paid tuition because he was zoned to go to Heritage, and that is just one example of many. So get over it. Powell will lose by 4+ TD's just because they are already whining. I will say it again, Maryville will have no competition until they get to the finals.

. I will say that i have never liked Maryville just for the sheer fact that any kid in Blount county can play there and they can recruit as well. Now im not saying that's why Maryville wins. Most of that is coaching but the point is that if Maryville/Central are in region 3-4a then they should have the same rules as everyone else. Now the rules not being the same is not [

Good lord I get sooooooo sick of the loser talk from fans of opposing teams. If you are going to state a "sheer fact" Pal please try to make sure that the "sheer facts" are actually accurate. The "sheer fact" is that any kid in Blount County can not play at MHS. But hey.....if that excuse for another defeat to the Red Rebels makes you feel better then have at it.

Maybe you should ask Rick Loope, ex Maryville player and with a son on the Powell team, how he was "recruited" to Mayville. You are really sad and pathetic. Enjoy another thumping at the hands of the Red Rebels. With whinny fans like you supporting your program a 2nd tier team will just about do it.

825421660[/snapback]

My, My! Are we a little testy from the jetlag?

Tell us what you really think!

I dont consider it getting testy...it just gets old when the only thing people can say about maryville's program is how they recruit players when many teams across the country do the same thing. Just look at schools like Oak hill (bball) the schools in CA that are so dominant, they actually go out and recruit. While Maryville just accepts students that are willing to pay tuition. There are kids that pay tuition just to go to school because of the Academics. So get over it and don't be mad because people want to win so they chose to pay tuition so they can go to a winning program. Like i said before...Alcoas does it, WB does it, and there are more out there that accept tuition students as well. Maryville will walk all over Powell.