Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4A would sure be a lot easier for other folks without us!!  It would be more difficult for E TN to bring home a gold ball in 4A though...good with the bad I guess.

825424894[/snapback]

I think it's more of a travel issue for Maryville than anything. By staying in 4A the longest trip they have to make for a region game is to Clinton. If they were in 5A, they would have to make two trips per year either to the Tri-Cities or Chattanooga areas, depending on which region they were placed in.

I would never characterize any group of fans with a broad generalization, for there are good and bad ones in every crowd. But I've noticed a recurring theme among SOME of the posters from pretty much every team we play: bitter resentment toward the Rebels results in blindly ignorant statements which defy factual evidence.

At the same time that we are hearing people say they are better than a team that just handily beat them, we are also on another thread listening to people say that us beating a team by 38 is only equally impressive to them beating that same team by 9.

Now I know that it's easy to get passionate about your team. And I also know that it's really easy to hate Maryville...either for their continued success or for fans like myself who will staunchly continue to brag on them. But in either event, it just smacks of ignorance when statements like the above are made in defense of your team.

I'm not calling anyONE out hear. I'm not quoting anyone. I'm just making a casual observation. I respect the Powell program and will agree that they gave MHS a better showing than did Central. I'd rather play any other team we've faced this year than Powell again.

825424508[/snapback]

I respect maryville very much not only because I have ties to them. They are an amazing football team with some amazing tallent and coaching.

I do believe if Powell would not have fumbled the ball last time when they were driving, the game would have been a lot more interesting. This game is a hard one for me to predict.

All I can say is that I'm hoping for a good game. Good luck to all.

well i think maryville probably win this one, i hope not but thats more than likely the way it will be.

Maryville should win, but as we have all witnessed this year, anythign can happen.

aka Boston down 3-0.

I know they are pros but they were also playing pros. thats the great thing about sports. Anythign can happen.

Moyers= good luck to you all this week and if you all win i hope they go to the BUrro.

The earlier Maryville vs Powell game means nothing. It is history. It was closer than the 42-10 score indicated. If Powell scores on that drive instead of fumbling it becomes a closer ballgame. This game will not be easy.

Catholic beat Notre Dame earlier this year 42-7. Last week in the 1st round of the playoffs ND beat Catholic in overtime.Past scores mean nothing.