Smyrna vs. Riverdale

bulldog12

Guest region4fan

Gosh, have I held my tongue that long????

I am telling you, Orona is at the top of his game. I think he rivals THOMAShawk. he was still learning the system in week 2. I will tell you the kid was right on the money with his passes against us. We held him in check running the ball....but he killed us with the pass. That Hinson kid is the real deal too..............fast as the wind.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to say from Smyrna

When you play a team you have never beat and lost to by 45 earlier it only makes you look like and idiot to say anything about them period.

Do it on the field and then and only then can you say anything.

I hear all the time I wish Riverdale would just shut up about how good they are

Well if anyone wants to shut them up there is only one way to do it otherwise it is just talk. They are still firmly entrenched on top of the hill and daring anyone to try to knock them off as they should be.

I will talk about Smyrna and they are definetly better and battle tested.

The defense is still not where we would like it to be but has definetly improved as the yr went on. The personnel and the scheme are completely different than last game.

Orona is finally starting to throw the ball with more accuracy than earlier in the year and this gives Smyrna an added element.

We certainly can not give up 21 points in what seemed like the first 30 seconds and have any chance.

Nothing to say from  Smyrna

When you play a team you have never beat and lost to by 45 earlier it only makes you look like and idiot to say anything about them period.

Do it on the field and then and only then can you say anything.

I hear all the time I wish Riverdale would just shut up about how good they are

Well if anyone wants to shut them up there is only one way to do it otherwise it is just talk. They are still firmly entrenched on top of the hill and daring anyone to try to knock them off as they should be.

I will talk about Smyrna and they are definetly better and battle tested.

The defense is still not where we would like it to be but has definetly improved as the yr went on. The personnel and the scheme are completely different than last game.

Orona is finally starting to throw the ball with more accuracy than earlier in the year and this gives Smyrna an added element.

We certainly can not give up 21 points in what seemed like the first 30 seconds and have any chance.

825421529[/snapback]

cat, your posts make more and more sense. Meanwhile all solidarity for the "Boro teams against "outsiders" has vanished. What kind of crazy mixed up world are we living in?

Guest Oakland
Riverdale[/url]' date='Nov 7 2004 - 12:48 PM']cat, your posts make more and more sense.  Meanwhile all solidarity for the "Boro teams against "outsiders" has vanished.  What kind of crazy mixed up world are we living in?

825421632[/snapback]

eh, we are still playing folks within region 4. should riverdale win and should cookeville defeat lebanon, you will see the solidarity once again thumb

no doubt, i think this game will be much closer than in week 2. smyrna has improved so much since then, and from what i hear, orona is starting to come into his own. is he as good as dave thomas? based on what i've seen, i don't think so, but i'm not going to count him out. i can't wait to see this one this friday. i'm just glad i'll be in town this weekend.

region, what's up man?? first, you don't buy me a hotdog at the rhs/ohs game, and now you're speaking heresy against the warriors?? c'mon, show some love!! thumb :D

Guest region4fan

rhshasbeen, where have you been?? I have missed your posts!! Now, you know two things.....one that I had you the dogs, but had to eat them. and #2, that I always root for the underdogs.....no pun intended. Yall don't need any fans , you have thousands. Poor old Smyrna needs a few. If you beat them, you know I will be back in your corner next week!

Guest region4fan

I heard about some Riverdale players trying to start a fight with Smyrna's at the Siegel/Oakland game. The SHS players were on the Siegel side and the RHS players were on the OHS side. The RHS players went to the SHS side and started the confrontation. I think it was mostly words.....but could have escalated quickly. I think there will be cheap shots galore in this game and flags raining from the sky. It is a shame in my opinion.

I think we need to salute and support two great teams from region 4 that we folk are very proud of. Please posters , don't make this one into a war that will spill over on the field. Kids getting ejected is NOT the way we want to see seniors go out.

Ok guys, let me begin by saying I am not a football coach at smyrna so don't look at my screen name thinking that, although with the desire that our guys play I would love to take credit but I can not.

Everyone in here is talking about one or two guys from our team but I am here to state that we have a lot of guys that have played their heart out this year. In the beginning of the year everyone thought that since we lost David we were down and out. That did not happen because a very capable Charles stepped in with the help of some great coaching to make him incredible on that position.

Then our DC leaves and goes to Blackman which was a career move for him which was fine with everyone but the coaches needed time to adapt a new strategy for our defense which they did. Everyone that knows football does understand that it takes a little longer that couple weeks to fix a defense in disarray. It took time so it is now ready to face a very capable team like Riverdale. We have several great TEAM players that watch out for each other when they are on defense and on offense or special teams. I can sit here and mention all of them but it will be easier for you to just go to our school web site and pull the roster because every one of those players have worked hard all year long for this moment, to play Riverdale. To be the best you have to beat the best and this region is the best in the state. It is very unfortunate that one of the best team will go home this Friday night but that is another subject.

I personally believe that our boys will play their heart out, our coaches will do an excellent job once again and our team will prevail at the end but it will be close.

Our kids deserve this and our coaches work harder that everyone in the state...just ask their wives, they don't see them very often since they are always working because they take a lot of pride on this team and their kids.

Go Smyrna !!!!!

This game will probably be one of the best of the playoffs. Smyrna's offense has found a rhythym ever since that 65-20 thrashing, but so has Riverdale's defense. Smyrna has improved on defense ever since then. Now I think that the team that wants it more will win. If Riverdale comes into this game with their heads high because they beat Smyrna 65-20 earlier, Smyrna will sneak up on them. If Smyrna comes out scared and they're not mad about the last time these 2 teams played, it'll be over real quick. To me, Smyrna has the best chance of knocking Riverdale off besides any other team. This game is going to be a defensive battle. The score will be 9-6. Gaston Miller will have a 65-yard TD run, but the extra point will get blocked. Then, Smyrna will win on a late field goal by Michael Hinson 9-6. Hey, at least Riverdale didn't give up a touchdown.

825420070[/snapback]

9-6???? Did I get that right? You think the final score will be 9-6 with the same Smyrna defense that has two good athletes on it. Bulldog you have completely lost all credibility in my book on the matter (not that you ever had any cause I believe you were the same one predicting SHS to dominate Riverdale earlier in the year 55 points later) . Yeah I do think Smyrna has a chance but two things have to happen. One Smyrna must play their best game of the year and two Riverdale must play their worst and then maybe this game is within a touchdown. If Smyrna is going to win they are going to have at least score in the 30s and thats no easy task against Riverdale. I think Smyrna plays better this time defensively but so does Riverdale. Prediction: RHS 35 Smyrna 7