New Regions 1-A 2005-2009

ELA

If you look at the geography and do the math on travel, it's going to be a challenge for both East and West Tennessee teams and the TSSAA to map out. Here's my guess and I don't profess to have any magic ball to know for sure:

1-1A

Cloudland

Unaka

Hampton

Cosby

Jellico (long travel)

Grace Christian School (new school gets to travel)

2-1A (not many changes at all)

Oneida

Sunbright

Coalfield

Oakdale

Harriman

Midway

Greenback

3-1A

Copper Basin

Grace Baptist

Temple

South Pitt

Whitwell

Lookout Valley

Huntland (somebody has to move out of 6-1A and this one is close to this region)

4-1A

Clay Co

Trousdale Co (will own the region 10-0)

RBS

FCS

G-ville

W-town

Monterey

5-1A (who knows about what they will do here?)

Clarksville Academy (if they field a team in 05)

White House Heritage

Mt. Juliet Christian

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Eagleville (move up from 6-1A?)

6-1A (Duck River Valley)

Columbia Aca.

Zion Christian

Collinwood

Wayne Co

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Cascade

Cornersville

Forrest

7-1A and 8-1A will split the rest of the West TN Schools:

Perry Co

Jackson Christian

Trinity Christian

Fayette ac

Manassas

Middleton

Halls

W. Carroll

Lake Co

Union City

S. Fulton

Gleason

McKenzie

Greenfield

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 1a should not have 10 teams in it. No region should if others have 5 or 6. Also Eagleville should stay with Forrest, Cornersville, Mt Plesant, C.A. and Cascade. With Collingwood, wayne County, Huntland, Moore County. place Zion Where ever. Or if you have that many teams do a SEC east and West thing. Just my 2 cents.

Tidwell

Edited by voiceofeagles

6 1a should not have 9 teams in it.  No region should if others have 5 or 6.  Also Eagleville should stay with Forrest, Cornersville, Mt Plesant, C.A. and Cascade.  With Collingwood, wayne County, Huntland, Moore County.  place Zion Where ever.  Or if you have that many teams do a SEC east and West thing.  Just my 2 cents.

Tidwell

825426990[/snapback]

I agree but those schools continue to petition the TSSAA asking to stay together. My guess is they will have to move Huntland or Eagleville out to limit the number of teams in that region. The problem is you can't have more than 8 regions and your options (based on geography) become very limited. Look at the map and you will see what I mean. If you split Region 6 into two regions then some region in West TN will have 10 teams.

6 1a should not have 10 teams in it.  No region should if others have 5 or 6.  Also Eagleville should stay with Forrest, Cornersville, Mt Plesant, C.A. and Cascade.  With Collingwood, wayne County, Huntland, Moore County.  place Zion Where ever.  Or if you have that many teams do a SEC east and West thing.  Just my 2 cents.

Tidwell

825426990[/snapback]

You can split Region 6 into two as an option as long as all teams agree. This way they don't have to play all their schedule within the region. We did this in Region 5 1A, however it gets real muddy sometimes come playoff time and fighting for the spots.

ELA, pretty good setup but what we are hearing over here in west TN is that Perry Co. is going back across the river. I feel region 7 and 8 will look like this

7-1A

West Carroll

Bruceton

McKenzie

JCS

Fayette Academy

Trinity Christian

Middleton

8-1A

Lake Co.

Halls

South Fulton

Greenfield

Gleason

Union City

Manassas

That is what I think will happen b/c I do not see the TSSAA placing both AA teams that moved down in the same region and it would make sense to group all the Carroll Co. schools together. The other scenario we are hearing is a North and South split which could possibly make a 6 and 8 team region split that would look like this

7-1A

Halls

Manassas

Middleton

TCA

JCS

Fayette Academy

8-1A

Lake Co.

Union City

South Fulton

Gleason

Greenfield

West Carroll

Bruceton

Mckenzie

The last possiblility is to pluck one of the Carroll Co. schools and place them with the 6 south teams. I guess what all this means is we will wait and see.

the problem in southern middle tn is this , you have 12 teams in two groups of 6

you have wayne co,collinwood, perry co. mt pleasant, columbia acad. , and zion christ, all within an hour or less of each other, then you have forrest, cascade cornersville, eagleville , moore county, and huntland, all within an hour of each other the prob is the travel between the two groups is at the smallest close to 2 hours to over 2 hours so what do you do i cant see tssaa leaving perry co in west tn when they are so close to most of the reigon 6 schools , huntland is closer to reigon 3 than 6 but i dont think they want to go to reigon 3 , not sure what they will do but should be int.

Region 6 is the problem. Lots of small schools in that Duck River Valley area. Huntland is much closer to South Pitt and they may have to go that way.

I don't know where they would stick Perry Co if they come back to the Middle? There's just no place to put them unless they move some schools out of region 6 north to region 5.

Edited by ELA

Region 6 is the problem. Lots of small schools in that Duck River Valley area. Huntland is much closer to South Pitt and they may have to go that way.

I don't know where they would stick Perry Co if they come back to the Middle? There's just no place to put them unless they move some schools out of region 6 north to region 5.

825427793[/snapback]

Perry Co. is moving to either region 5 or 6.TSSAA has promised them they would move them so they can be in with there baseball and BASKETBALL rivals.P.C. makes no money in this region.Why they we're stuck over there when the program started back up in 1997 is beyond me.Just TSSAA I guess.This is going to be a pretty interesting two regions when it comes playoff time.Perry Co. better step it up because these two regions will beat you up physically on Friday nights.

Huntland may look closer to South Pitt on the map but not really in driving time. I would like to see them leave the middle of Region 6 together and take out Collinwood, Wayne Co and put them in with Perry Co and others in the west.

Leave Huntland, Moore Co, Cascade, Forrest and the others in the middle that are within an hour and half drive time together. It should be interesting.

Right now the thinking from the region 5 and 6 coaches is this:

Region 5

McEwen

Jo Byrns

Clarksville Acad

Nashville Christian

Cascade

Eagleville

Forrest

Unionville (will have JV next yr)

Region 6

Perry Co (not sure)

CA

Mt Pleasant

Zion

Wayne Co

Collinwood

Cornersville

Moore Co

Huntland (not sure)

It would even things up a lot if Huntland went with region 3 and PC went with region 7. I know PC wants to play on this side of the river and I know Huntland has always played with the old DRVC teams like Forrest, Moore Co, and Cornersville. However, like ELA said, there is big logjam of teams that want to be in region 6.