Maryville/Central II

Rebel Nation

catfish you are just like the rest of the poor pitiful central fans that get on here. do everyone on coacht a favor and go play in traffic, and make sure centralboobcat is with you. Maryville is not going to lose friday, and everyone knows it. even if i does rain, we will just make your team look like a bunch of morons while getting wet, it doesnt make a difference. 56-10

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AB is walking fine....... he is doing fine.... im sure he wont play this friday he is just there if everyone gets hurt lol......but he will be good to go against THS if he wants to but he will play the state game for sure he siad.......he is walking better now than he did before fridays game

825437105[/snapback]

As regards to friday...i saw AB and spoke to him at Appalachian Therapy Center this morning before school. I asked him if he would be playing on friday and he was almost certain he would play. Friday morning he will go to therapy to get "checked out" and most likely play. I doub't GQ and Coach White II keep him in long though...we need him for the THS game and STATE sence we will be going to both...sry central but 56-10 right?

bigcatt

Maryville likes to play physical football also. Powell was the only team I saw all year that out physicaled Maryville. Maryville outphysicaled Powell the 1st game. I don't believe in making excuses but the rain helped Powell. Rain helps the bigger team.Maryville has whipped all the other teams they played so far at the LOS.

Since Maryville is most likely gonna beat Central friday night and you don't have anything else to accuse Maryville of, Central Bobcat. Why don't you enlighten all of us non-believers out here and name the players that are recruited by Maryville?

I still only see where the Knox County people are the only ones to say this stuff. Nobody from the other Blount County schools are saying Maryville recruits! If they recruit from Knox County schools then name them.

825435762[/snapback]

Sorry 03 but everyone in the state knows it that is why your program is joke.

To all murvul fans I saw somewhere on some of these pages that some of you wanted to put your program on the same level of Oak Ridge. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You will never have the class, the tradition, or excellence in your program that Oak Ridge has both in athletics and academics. When people in this state talk about tradition rich programs no matter from what part of the state they are from they don't mention your program at all they talk about Oak Ridge, Riverdale, even D.B, but don't flatter yourself or fool yourself into thinking that you ever have been or ever will be on the level of Oak Ridge. Believe me we know we are not on the level of an Oak Ridge, but we have beaten them in the modern era in a real game not like you guys in a scrimmage. Keep on recruiting, keep on waving that confederate flag, and keep on getting those mullet haircuts it really says it all about your program and the pride that you have in your country, at Central High School we honor the American flag and no other. Enjoy B'Ball season. Central Bobcat

I believe centralbobcat is really an Oak Ridge fan.

Here is you some tradition

Maryville Rebel football

7 state championships. 1970,1976,1978,1998,2000,2001 and 2002.

3 state runner ups. 1977,1979 and 1997

16 1 loss seasons.

17 region championships.

40 Blount County championships.

75 playoff games.58 playoff wins.

25 years in the playoffs.

No losing season since 1961. That means there has been no losing season in my lifetime.

14 state semifinal games.

11 undefeated regular seasons.

4 perfect seasons...undefeated,untied

596 wins 213 losses 33 ties

61 winning seasons

I would have to say that is pretty good tradition the centralbobcat.

Edited by REBELRON

I believe centralbobcat is really an Oak Ridge fan.

Here is you some tradition

Maryville Rebel football

7 state championships. 1970,1976,1978,1998,2000,2001 and 2002.

3 state runner ups.  1977,1979 and 1997

16 1 loss seasons.

17 region championships.

40 Blount County championships.

75 playoff games.58 playoff wins.

25 years in the playoffs.

No losing season since 1961. That means there has been no losing season in my lifetime.

14 state semifinal games.

11 undefeated regular seasons.

4 perfect seasons...undefeated,untied

596 wins 213 losses 33 ties

61 winning seasons

I would have to say that is pretty good tradition the centralbobcat.

825438327[/snapback]

Ron, not an Oak Ridge fan I just have tremendous respect for a program that plays on the level that it belongs and attains the status like that of an Oak Ridge , but you guys would not know what that is like, because you dodge the teams you should be playing, while recruiting kids from other teams. I think it is real impressive that you guys have had 16 one loss seasons,I wonder if Oak Ridge lists one loss seasons as an accomplishment for some reason I doubt it. Like I said practice your foul shots it is over for you, you team is very average this year believe me you will see friday night, I know it hurts when all you have in BLUNT county is the rebs and football, but mabe you can be an Alcoa fan this year they will be there at the end you guys will be in the gym crying big reb tears. Central Bobcat

To all murvul fans I saw somewhere on some of these pages that some of you wanted to put your program on the same level of Oak Ridge. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You will never have the class, the tradition, or excellence in your program that Oak Ridge has both in athletics and academics

RebelRon just addressed the football part, I'll address the academics part. Both Oak Ridge and Maryville High are feeder public schools, and technically Maryville has a longer tradition since it's some 20+ years older. Each year students from Maryville go to schools such as Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Duke, Vandy, Emory, Virginia Tech, GA Tech, and other great academic universities. In addition, 76% of the graduating class goes on to a four-year college. An additional portion goes on to two-year college. That means that only about 15% of Maryville graduates do not continue thier education. Oak Ridge did not have that information on their website, but I doubt it's higher. In addition, 45 - 48 % of those graduates are awarded MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS for academics. Thats more than half the students who go to college. Of course I wouldn't expect you to know anything about college, but that's extremely high. Most recently OR has won awards for their AP classes, that is they have the highest ratio of AP class attendence to students in the state. Maryville offers few AP courses, but the ones they do, 98% of the students in them receive college credit. Which means virtually every maryville AP student receives college credit for a high school class. In the Junior State-Wide T-Cap writing exam, Maryville has had the most "6's" in the state, which is the highest one can score. We had more than some very good very large high schools almost double our size, like DB, Germantown, Collierville, etc. I could keep going, but I think I've made the point. It's hard to compare two schools who are so good at both athletics and academics but don't kid yourself, Maryville is just as good an academic school if not better than any in East Tennessee depending on what category you look at.

To all murvul fans I saw somewhere on some of these pages that some of you wanted to put your program on the same level of Oak Ridge.  That is the most ridiculous thing I  have ever heard. You will never have the class, the tradition, or excellence in your program that Oak Ridge has both in athletics and academics. When people in this state talk about tradition rich programs no matter from what part of the state they are from they don't mention your program at all they talk about Oak Ridge, Riverdale, even D.B, but don't flatter yourself or fool yourself  into thinking that you ever have been or ever will be on the level of Oak Ridge. Believe me we know we are not on the level of an Oak Ridge, but we have beaten them in the modern era in a real game not like you guys in a scrimmage. Keep on recruiting, keep on waving that confederate flag, and keep on getting those mullet haircuts it really says it all about your

program and the pride that you have in your country, at Central High School we honor the American flag and no other. Enjoy B'Ball season. Central Bobcat

825438295[/snapback]

And people say Maryville fans on here make Maryville look bad?????

Guest Rebelnation
You know I like the roundball Rebelnation. . . where were you this weekend? Thought you were coming with me!

825437425[/snapback]

You didn't stop by and pick me up....what gives? :lol:

Boobcat, how many state championships have the Wildkittens won in the last 6 years? Don't hem and haw about who they play and who we play...just answer. This sounds like kitten sympathy to me....root for anyone with the word cat in their name, do ya? You a big Kentucky fan too?

Your lack of knowledge of where Maryville ranks academically is hilarious. We're always in the 10 in the state and well thought of statewide and regionally. We've been recognized nationally. Sorry you can't say the same. Once again, ignorance or jealousy. See trueplaya's post for specifics.

Does this all mean we're the best at everything? Heck no. We're pretty darn good at the thing things that matter though....

Edited by Rebelnation

Wheather or not Maryville recruits athletes is not the point. The recruitment of high school athletes is very difficult to prove because the recruiting is not being done directly by the coaches. so you need not copmplain about whether or not Maryville or any body else recruits. Certainly complaining to the TSSAA won't get you anywhere because their official stance is hands off. I would venture to guess that all of the teams that are left in the play-offs have student athletes from outside their school zones

Now I am a Central Fan. But guys we can't be throwing stones when we live in a class house. Central has at least 5 + starters that don't live in the Central school zone. Please don't ask for names because I have no intentions of putting any childs name on this forum in a negative way. I have know idea how many out of zone students Maryville has and could care less. But one gives them advantage that other schools don't have What Maryville and Central does is within the rules. The fact is that Maryville, Central, O.R, etc... are allowed to take transfers and that is just the way it is. If the TSSAA had any guts they would make those schools apply the 1.8 multipler to level the playing field. Or allow all schools to have open school zones and let the recruiting wars begin. Until that happens Maryville, Central and the likes will have an unfair advantage.

So Maryville has players from outside their school zone Central has players from outside their school zone. Sounds to me like both are afforded the same advantage. So lets get over it and play the game.

After seeing Central practice yesterday. I would call the game a pick em. Look for O.T.

If Maryville makes it to the semifinals, their game will be at home.  You can go to TSSAA.ORG and see for yourself.  That means that TN high has even less of a chance and nobody in Maryville has to take off work early.

11/19/04

MHS 42

CHS 17

11/26/04

MHS 56

THS 2

825429908[/snapback]

THS-2? whats up with that i would at least say 21 they are a whole lot of a better team then that let me guess your a Maryville fan right? thumb