DB vs Oak Ridge

bud

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to all of our friends fron DB. Come to our tailgate party on Kentucky Ave or just bring your Big Ed's and join us for the social atmosphere before the game. It's where the buses come into the field. Can't miss it. WATO will be there broadcasting, you might get on the radio.

Play safe nobody gets hurt. Have a safe trip. The Cats are waiting.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

One of the key questions in my mind is if DB really tough schedule will help them or hurt them. Looking from the outside you would say that a really would make DB ready for the good teams that lie ahead, but DB has been physically and mentally spent in the last two weeks playing the Owls and SD. While at the same time OR has cruised through the playoffs with Sevier Co and Farragut. The DB offense seems to be having problems as of late,I`m sure it has something to do with the elevated teams they are playing, but still. Will we have an overconfindent, so far unproven in the playoffs team in OR, or will we get an beat up, exausted DB team. I know it it very hard to get fired up to the same level for every single game. I`m not saying that OR hasn`t been fired up to play these last two games, but they haven`t really needed to. Maybe DB has been saving their intensity for this game and that is why we haven`t seen the same DB we are use to seeing come this time of year.........maybe OR has been saving their intensity as well.

825429975[/snapback]

Farragut is no pushover! They have ZERO offense, but to score 48 points on them is tough because they have one of the best run defenses in the state. And, Oak Ridge had to play Soddy and Ootlewah and Farragut their last three games of the regular season. Farragut gave them a run for their money, but they got a rematch last night, and definately took care of business. Oak Ridge is playing good ball. I think they're actually in better shape to play a game of this caliber because they have NOT been so beat up, mentally and physically, the last two games. DB has handled it well though, and they have come through when they needed to. In both games, they were able to pull a close one off, even though they were missing a key player in both games. If DB gets their offense hitting on all cylinders, it'll be a great game. I think if their offense plays like they have the last two games, Region 2 might be moving on to see Round 3.

I'm going to read a little more of you guys' posts and then give my prediction.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

It's on. We knew it would be and here we go agian.

DB 12-0 and Oak Ridge 11-1

Graham Clark said after the SD game tonight... DB vs Oak Ridge, it's like going to the Dentist.... do it twice a year! Giddy Up Graham, Giddy Up!!

825430119[/snapback]

hahaha man I love graham clark and his one-liners. that guy is hilarious. I always love his OR comments they are on the money. he's done a good job up at kingsport and I absolutely cannot wait for this battle

wishin friday night was every night....for various reasons

oh ya i fergot...lets consolidate this weeks discussion into one thread. ya know, just so it gets lotsa hype. and so we can surpass that db-soddy thread that got like, 1000+ views and went to like 24 pages. thats insane, im convinced that the Tribe fans, and prolly alot of anti-fans, are the biggest coacht fanatics behind me. haha, ne wayz, the DB INDIANS @ OAK RIDGE WILDCATS started by ArtVandaly, one of my fave contributors i must say, has some support, im goin there

Well, well, well...here we go again. This rivalry right here is what high school football is all about! Call me crazy, but when I played the team who lost in the regular season always won in the playoffs (with the exception of 1 year). Oak Ridge seems to have had no problem dispatching Sevier Co. and Farragut. The Indians have played two very tough teams so far in the playoffs. No need for a prediction this early in the week (if at all in this one), but I have a strange feeling that this one will come down to the wire...Ha! If the Tribe's offense shows up on Friday, then I honestly don't think there is a team in the state that can play with them, but if the Cats are able to slow down Ferguson, Williams, and Co. then they could lay one to us. Good luck to everyone...and one more question...whats for dinner at the tailgate this week b/c there will be one hungry college student headed over from Knoxvegas for this one? Roll Tribe!

That was a very good game plan drawn up by Coach Watson and his staff. I'll be going to the game, but first we are going to stop in Fountain City and eat at one the best places for gourmet hamburgers, LITTON's. Has anybody else eaten there........just curious. Go Indians.................