DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both DCA and MP are great teams for sure.  One other aspect that MP will have to pay attention to in addition to robjim's list above is the QB Fenwick.  This kid can pass really well, but he does add one other dimension and that is his ability to roll out of the pocket and either run it himself or make a great pass to someone who has worked themselves into the open.

Mrs OnlineLC has told me now that CPA football season is over, she is going to have a ladies night out on Friday.  As that leaves me with a free evening, it is very tempting to make the drive again down to MP to see this matchup.

825430613[/snapback]

This is the third week in a row that all we're going to hear "is what Mt Pleasant will have to deal with". If we had listened to all that jargon, we wouldn't even have beaten that fine "5-5 ""squad from FRA. Well....... what was that outcome??????? Then it started last week, our "pass defense" will be our downfall against the superb "9-2" boys from CPA, whose "ONLY" losses had come at the hands of Riverdale and DCA. Heck, in our own local newspaper, we didn't even get any recognition, all they could print was the same thing I'm reading now. The point I'm trying to make, is cut the bull ____, and come on down. We'll deal with these "far superior boys" one quarter of football at a time. :P

This is the third week in a row that all we're going to hear "is what Mt Pleasant will have to deal with".  If we had listened to all that jargon, we wouldn't even have beaten that fine "5-5 ""squad from FRA.  Well....... what was that outcome???????  Then it started last week, our "pass defense" will be our downfall against the superb "9-2" boys from CPA, whose "ONLY" losses had come at the hands of Riverdale and DCA.  Heck, in our own local newspaper, we didn't even get any recognition, all they could print was the same thing I'm reading now.  The point I'm trying to make, is cut the bull ____, and come on down.  We'll deal with these "far superior boys" one quarter of football at a time. :P

825431141[/snapback]

I bet them boys from CPA might give us some recognition this morning. Lets show em how we do it in the JUNGLE, Mt. Pleasant style.

after the way wayne co shredded the dca defense on the ground , i think this will be a great game because mp can run the ball really well, and all in all have much better ath. than wc, the dca defesive line didnt pose much of a prob for wc, and mp line is better than wc's with all that being said the dca offensive line is the best ive seen , and wooden and fenwick and the other running back are best wc had faced should be a really good game mp needs to get off to a good start

Good luck to both teams.  I see four things that MP will have to contend with this week.

1. DCA line, both sides, a lot bigger and more experienced than CPA.

2. DCA defensive backs are very good.

3. MP is suffering from some dings to several keys runners, need to get them healthy.

4. Emotion. Great win Friday over CPA. Time to get centered/focused on DCA.  The season isn't over yet, it just beginning.

Wouldn't mind coming back over Friday night to see the game.  If mom will save me a seat, I promise not to bump your elbow to much. :unsure:

825430599[/snapback]

LOL it's a deal, robjim. come on back Friday night and we will save you a seat! thumb

Congradulations to MP on a great season so far. I was just wondering how many seniors MP has on this years team? I know they have a lot of Sr. and Jr., I also would guess that they have plenty of athletes in younger grades also - like the young RB who has seen alot of action. Give us some information on the FUTURE of MP football, it is definetly going in the right direction after last season and their success this year.