South Side & Greenbrier

SSmitty

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is time for the Bulldog's prediction...........scenario 1...GB gets out to a 14-0 lead...it is all over and the "hogs are out" 28-7 with 3 picks.....scenario 2.....GB and SS make several mistakes...GB wins 17-14......scenario 3.....SS plays an awesome game with few mistakes and GB fumbles and stumbles around....well what am I saying...that "ain't " gonna happen....scenario 4......SS plays a GB team full of athletes who play smash-mouth football with a killer defense and SS defense overruns plays....SS QB can't remember plays by the end of the 1st half and GB plays 2nd half conservatively and wins 21-10......hmmmm...I like scenario 4

If the SS QB holds onto the ball and runs he better have a flak vest. To me, The SS QB is the key to any chance that SS has in winning the game. He has to have a monster gameI know the defense is tough...but I can think of at least 3 tough defenses GB has played already. SS will be very surprised by the GB speed and that is the big equalizer in this game. Other than playing at home, I do not see any other advantage SS has.

If SS has some big plays they have a chance....They must have big plays.

I will say it again....when was the last time a 3a school took the ball and drove it down GB's throat. If you get behind GB by 14 pts.....it will be hard to catch up.

Greenbrier wins!!!!!!!!!!!! 21-10

Directions to the stadium and weather forecast would be appreciated

You want to to take exit 80 if you want to get on 45 south. It should be 80 b coming from Nashville. At the 5th stop light you come to you will need to turn right then the stadium will be about 3 more lights and turn left on Harts Bridge between long john silvers and the school. Parking is scarce and the vistors side bleachers are small so get there early.

Directions to the stadium and weather forecast would be appreciated.

825434656[/snapback]

off I-40 west you need to take the Christmasville exit(not sure of the exit ) take a left at the top of the ramp. You will continue straight on this road.you will go past Ridgecrest ext., Parkway,Whitehall,Lexington & Cartmell St.(This will be FE Wright dr./70 that you are on). This will turn into Chester St. You won't to go W.Chester St. You will go over a overpass where you will need to be in the far left hand lane. You will take a left onto Highland Ave. (45-south). Once you are on 45-S continue straight. You will go through some bottom land with lots of carlots and mobile home places. You will then be in SOUTH JACKSON. You will come to a light with a Wal-greens on the right.Continue straight to the next light. You will take a left at this light. You can see the school from the stop light. Welcome to South Side High School-The Hawks Nest! As far a eating places there is a Sonic,McDonalds,Wendy's,Taco Bell & Long John Silver's (fast food) If you like mexican there is a Los Portales which is good and Catfish Cabin,which you will go past on your way in before you get to Kroger & BlockBuster, which is good if you like fish. Most of the nice eating places are on the North Side of Jackson.

As far as the weather they are calling for scattered showers high of 69 low of 57. Maybe the rain will hold off! Hope this info is useful to you. We welcome you to Jackson and hope you have a safe trip.

I think people are not giving Greenbrier credit. They are a great football team they have played a very tough schedule and beat some great football teams. They beat David Lipscomb and a good Fort Campbell team who was picked to win it all in Kentucky. I dont think Greenbrier has even played there best ball yet. I look for Greenbrier to win this one pretty big. Im gonna say Greenbrier 24 /SouthSide 7. Aldrige will have quite a few yards passing if they key on Herndon. If they do the Greenbrier coaches will find a way to get his hands on the ball.

Greenbrier 24

South Side 7

MY FIRST POST...

As a freshman that won't be playing, I just have to hope Greenbrier wins since Clint Russell and Jacob Aldridge are my good friends, and we had to go down 2.5 hours to get there. And I'll need like 3 layers of Under Armour to stay warm.

I'll get to the pick, which might not be too reliable, since I don't watch film:

Greenbrier 23

Jackson South Side 14

Players of Week (in RC Times):

Roger Herndon

Jacob Aldridge

Cameron Armes

At least we get a tricked out bus to ride in.

Anyway....BACK TO FOOTBALL!!!!

I'll be making the trip Friday night!! :huh: And I am hoping to see a game like was played friday night for the Bobcats! I really haven't heard much talk about JSS other than they have a "really tough defense". I really hope that Bobcats can fight to the finish and come out with another "W"

Good Luck Guys!

Sounds as if the Greenbrier faithful will be loading up tomorrow and heading to Jackson for a hard hitting, head-knocking game! According to rankings this may be our toughest 3A opponent yet, but I'd have to say Greenbrier has already taken on many of the great teams in Page, Marshall County, McNairy Central, Ft. Campbell, and White House. The Bobcats still got three more games to finish and they must and CAN finish strong. This should be an interesting game having never played each other, and with two #1 seeds. JSS has the homefield advantage, but I don't think that will outweigh the offensive and defensive lines of Greenbrier. These guys can get the job done. thumb

Bobcats, get fired up and make the drive to Jackson to support these boys! They take a pounding every week to represent our community. Let's cheer them on to victory!

GO BOBCATS! BEAT JSS.

P.S. Off subject, great job to the Seniors on this team that took part in the Beowulf presentations showing on Channel 19. VERY creative!! :lol: