Maryvile to remain in 4-A ?

Murvul

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured I'd get an ignorant respone just like this. WH isn't on here bragging to be the best team in the state. We also have an enrollment of 800, far less than Maryville. We would have to choose to stay in 4a. If we were close to the cut off, lets say, like you guys, I'd stay.

Also, if you will notice the problems in Chattanooga and other counties, we will be able to keep our rival games (huge gates) instead of the poor (attendence wise) Nashville teams we play. Part of our move is money. Now, if your fans were on here with reasonable reasons to stay where you are, then I could understand. But you're not, just braggin' all the time, stating you're the best, without ever having to back up your claim. One day (another 4 years)you'll go to 5a, kickin' and screamin' when the time comes.

825436809[/snapback]

Well dandy82 I'm glad you straightened me out on that.

I'm just iggnert.

White House is not near as good as say a Johnson County or Elizabethton, that has similar numbers as White House, and continues to choose to play in 4A.

I can see why you think that White House having 500+ less students than Maryville would be unfair. I just can't understand for the life of me though, why it would be fair for Maryville to play teams with 1000+ students, using your logic.

By the way, please show me the post where I'm, "just braggin all the time, stating you're (we're) the best"........

Go Rebs.

I seem to recall that about this time last year everyone was talking about there being no real 5A powerhouses. And I also recall watching the 5A state games for the past few years and thinking "Maryville looks just as good if not better than these guys." I'm not being arrogant, I'm just saying that there is no team in TN like De La Salle out in California. Maryville could play with anyone and the difference between 4A and 5A in the state is not really that significant. Between 1A and 5A maybe. But for the state champions and reigning dynasty of dominance to move up a class would not be a decimating blow to our program. I think the biggest difference would be the distance we travel to away games and possible a more common blemish in our L column. We'd still be contenders most years.

Guest Rebelnation

Most don't get that. Thr drop off from5 to 4A is minimal...even if there is a drop off. For every Riverdale 5A has (and their VERY few), there are 4 William Blounts, Heritage's, Sevier Co's and South Doyle's...who next year will be 4A.

The good 5A teams (excluding Riverdale to our west) are all right here in our area, so how long do you think it would take for Maryville to get used to 5A play? Not long is the answer. This is a non topic...

You might as well let it rest dandy, the Maryville fans are a unique group. I have lived in Blount county all of my life and I find it hard to understand them. Before you Maryville folks get all bent out of shape , I'm not putting anyone down. I know you have great academics, a proud sports tradition and for the most part ,classy fans. I have several friends with children attending Maryville ( no football players) and playing sports. They chose to send them to Maryville because of education and exposure ( for the athletes after scholarships) let's face it, winning programs get more press. I know a lot of the posters are high school students, or recent grads , but to get on here and insinuate that William Blount ,Heritage and Sevier county are all push over, no competition teams isn't exactly the way to gain support from the county folks. The problem is everyone on CoachT reads your posts and probably feels that you are bragging ...... your play on the field speaks for itself, you don't have to brag. The folks on CoachT don't understand you like us poor suffering Blount County fans.......... ( if you are in need of counseling go to the political board and see Dr. dandy)

Well dandy82 I'm glad you straightened me out on that.

I'm just iggnert.

White House is not near as good as say a Johnson County or Elizabethton, that has similar numbers as White House, and continues to choose to play in 4A.

I can see why you think that White House having 500+ less students than Maryville would be unfair. I just can't understand for the life of me though, why it would be fair for Maryville to play teams with 1000+ students, using your logic.

By the way, please show me the post where I'm, "just braggin all the time, stating you're (we're) the best"........

Go Rebs.

825436859[/snapback]

God, I thought the maryville school system was good. I gave the reasons WH needs to be in 3a. It's financial.

Plus, you have no clue who is better or worse than WH, just like your fans don't know if Maryville is better or worse than the better 5a programs. I realize the Maryville fans, what go to your games and sit on their hands, like to stir it up, 'cause you guys really can't carry on a civil conversation about football.

It's like the pretty girl in the class. You can state she would date you, but you haven't the courage to ASK for a date. It's just better to THINK she would than to walk up and really FIND OUT.

VTEC, you're correct. Must be something in the water.

Guest Rebelnation

VTEC, you wouldn't agree that the county schools and Sevier Co need to improve

You think their football is fine the way it is? That was directed towards someone else and not you all. There's always one who wants to take everything personally.

If you go and read the WB thread about what went on earlier this year, you'll see how I feel about WB and Heritage. Your only our opponents 2 weeks outta the year. Why do I even bother....keep that VTEC tuned!!

Rebelnation, I didn't take it personally. I agree that WB,Heritage and Sevier County need to improve and I hope that they are doing the things to make that a reality. I don't have any kids playing on WB's football team (I do in other sports) but I hope that they improve. With a new coach and some stability I think they will,as will Heritage.My point is a few Maryville fans get on CoachT and make Maryville a big ole target with their comments. I know the young fans like to trash talk, so I just skip their posts I'm too old for that kind of exchange. It just makes it easy to pick on Maryville, but that may be what the young posters are looking for, I don't know. I wish all the teams in Maryville/Alcoa/Blount systems good luck, it's just that a few Maryville fans make it hard to support them with some of the comments I read on this board. Now if you will excuse me, I'm due for a tuneup....... ;)

God, I thought the maryville school system was good. I gave the reasons WH needs to be in 3a. It's financial.

Plus, you have no clue who is better or worse than WH, just like your fans don't know if Maryville is better or worse than the better 5a programs. I realize the Maryville fans, what go to your games and sit on their hands, like to stir it up, 'cause you guys really can't carry on a civil conversation about football.

It's like the pretty girl in the class. You can state she would date you, but you haven't the courage to ASK for a date. It's just better to THINK she would than to walk up and really FIND OUT.

VTEC, you're correct. Must be something in the water.

825437290[/snapback]

Hey bud, hows about we look at maryvilles schedule for a second...i think we play Heritage, WB, and sometimes Sevier County and South doyle...5a region wouldnt be as close if we moved...all the heritage and WB fans think they are awesome because the worst teams in the state are in their 5a region(SD for example) plus were are and have been dominating in 4a for what 6 or 7 years...why would we move if were succeeding?

dandy82 and other fans.

You guys need to realize that most of these Maryville fans getting on here and talking trash are students. Kids.I don't like these posts by Maryville fans that say we can beat anyone no matter what the class is.It just gives these anti Maryville fans something to gripe about. I also get tired of hearing these anti Maryville fans saying Maryville is too chicken to go to 5A.Did you hear that gator? I am sick of gator blasting Maryville.

Adults like me,insider,pepvol,mhs,mapperman,FBEmeritus,MLReb,Rebelsman and Clemson Dad give other teams their respect.

You said White House is going back to 3A because of travel costs. That is why Maryville is staying in 4A. Clinton will be their farthest trip. Clinton is 40 miles away.Maryville will be in 5A one day.

Maryville would do well in 5A. Would they have a difficult time beating Riverdale? Yes they would. A lot of other 5A teams can't beat Riverdale either. I realize that Maryville would have it rougher in 5A. But! I believe they will do well when they go to 5A. 5A is better than 4A but not as much better as people think. A lot of fans think in 5A you play the Green Bay Packers,Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots and in 4A you play the Knoxville Summit,pee wee,grasshopper and midget football.