Wartburg Basketball

b_ball_king

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters I would like to reply to #1tigerstunna. I don't think you could guard Jeremy Shannon even if he was in a wheelchair, let alone Jason Melton, Adam Vespie, Jerriel Inman, or Brent Hamby. Jeremy Shannon is more of a go to the whole guy. He don't stand around at the top of the key and try to show his dribbling moves like some Rockwood players i've watched. Yeah sure you don't have to worry about Jeremy Shannon standing around trying to break someone off and make them look stupid, but you need to respect this kid because he is fast off the dribble and when he makes that FIRST step to get by you he will pull up and knock down the trey or the jumper, same thing goes for Adam Vespie. All you guys remember FIRST STEP. Now for RO8432 and Kazam37 don't put these players down just because they are good ball players, it don't really matter if they score 40 points per game or not they can still go somewhere you can't. OH yeah why don't you guys ever talk about yourselves is it because you warm the BENCH. HA HA HA you guys are a joke.

Edited by b_ball_king

For starters I would like to reply to #1tigerstunna. I don't think you could guard Jeremy Shannon even if he was in a wheelchair, let alone Jason Melton, Adam Vespie, Jerriel Inman, or Brent Hamby. Jeremy Shannon is more of a go to the whole guy. He don't stand around at the top of the key and try to show his dribbling moves like some Rockwood players i've watched. Yeah sure you don't have to worry about Jeremy Shannon standing around trying to break someone off and make them look stupid, but you need to respect this kid because he is fast off the dribble and when he makes that FIRST step to get by you he will pull up and knock down the trey or the jumper, same thing goes for Adam Vespie. All you guys remember FIRST STEP. Now for RO8432 and Kazam37 don't put these players down just because they are good ball players, it don't really matter if they score 40 points per game or not they can still go somewhere you can't. OH yeah why don't you guys ever talk about yourselves is it because you warm the BENCH. HA HA HA you guys are a joke.

825444603[/snapback]

You want to know who I am? I'm Mark Roark. I'm number 32 for Oneida and right now I am a starter. I will not be attending college on a sports scholarship. I've seen one of the best players to ever play in our district in Donald Sexton and right now these guys aren't as good as he was. I was in no way putting these players down. They are just unproven as of yet. They could be great players but they haven't shown us anything to call them stars YET. I didn't say they wouldn't attend a D-1 school I just said it was unlikely. I'm guessing you have to be one of these guys to get so feisty. Since I told you who i was why don't you tell us who you are and why you talk so much smack. I'm not hiding behind a screename, I never have. So why don't you entertain us with who you are thumb

bbking, you must have trouble looking in the mirror bro! Why Ro and myself are looked upon by a great many people as honest and forthright observers of area sports. Ro, from a players perspective, and Kaz, from a fans perspective, like to breakdown what they see and express opinions based on their general veiwpoint. I would also put Donald Sexton up against any of the guards(Shannon, Vespie) at Wartburg right now, and let any college coach evaluate what he sees. Sexton would smoke either player head to head. bbking, the only joke in this post is your continuing assessment that Shannon is the real deal. I have no doubt that he, based on the hype, has improved his game, but you've made your buddy and his teammates marked men this season. Hope they are up to the task, cause there are a great many teams looking forward to making you look like an idiot! Which, in my opinion, you fit the bill BEFORE anyone shoots a shot.

:P Kaz :lol:

I hope your information is wrong, NXT. Never want to see anyone suffer injury on the hardcourt. I remember a teammate who hit the rim trying to block a shot and his arm snapped like a twig. If bbking was accurate about the kid, then its unlikely the Bulldogs can easily replace him. I'm sure Ro was looking forward to playing Wartburg at full strength. :lol:

First, EDKNIGHTSMULLET is one of the best screen names ever, please don't T me up.......Second, Roark is a warrior and gives everything on the court..... Third, hate to hear that any kid gets hurt in a game....God's Speed on the recovery...... Last, has Wartburg had a D-1 basketball player in the past 30 years.......ps, no matter who's on the court, Coach Lane will have the Bulldogs ready to go and they always compete.....great program being built in the Burg......

Nobody's going to beat Wartburg or Rockwood because of depth. Right now, I'd give the edge to Wartburg because of experience, but I think both teams are really deep and talented.

Just because Rockwood lost seven players last year, don't be fooled. They lost more than dozen off the football team last year and turned in an 11-2 season.

On the perimeter you have Corey Payne, Ellery Harvest, Johnny Coaker, Billy Moffitt, David Morgan and Michael Gilmore. At the post you have Jamie Hackler, David Bultler, Zack Peddicord and Chris Willis.

Three freshmen, Zach Breazeale, Curt Boston and Simon Moriarty, could also play some minutes and would play significant minutes for more than half the teams in District 4A.

Is this team as good as Rockood's team last year coming into the season? Not right now because they have so many players that have talent, but haven't had to prove it in a game.