Bartlett 78, Harding 71 in OT

Opperman

We saw a couple of future stars in action at Bartlett tonight.

Merium Price of Harding, a 6-1ish junior guard, had 35 and basically dominated the game in helping Harding build a 47-27 lead early in the third. Bartlett's Edwin Dorsey, a 5-11ish freshman guard, had 3 points then.

He, um, had a great second half. 26 points after halftime, hit almost all his free throws, hit some threes, took it to the hole, and just dominated the game, helping Bartlett send it to OT at 70-70 on a Randy Richmond layup at the buzzer. In the OT, Bartlett scored first (Dorsey went baseline and drew Price's fifth foul, then hit the free throws), sat on the ball for 2 minutes until Harding decided to get out of their 2-3 zone, then Dorsey added a 10-footer to make it 74-70, and the Panthers ended up winning 78-71.

Dorsey finished with 29. 6-3 senior guard Corey Smith had 15, and 6-0 sophomore forward Phillip Ryan had a dozen.

Price was the only Lion in double figures.

As a Bartlett fan, I'm just thrilled about the rest of the year and the next few years. Edwin Dorsey is truly a special talent, and he'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Tonight was a special game. Harding and Bartlett both played their hearts out. Harding played a fantastic game and I really hope they don't get too down after the loss becuase they a great group of players. Price is indeed a special player for the Lions and he had a flat out awesome game tonight. That said, Bartlett starts 4 seniors and those are all the seniors on the team. I've never seen such a young team get down by 20 points in the 2nd half and then come back and win like that. Harding could do no wrong for the 1st three quarters and then it was like somebody flipped a switch and Bartlett stormed back late in the 3rd and into the 4th forcing overtime. Oh my and the freshman Edwin Dorsey is going to put butts in the seats. He's a lot of fun to watch. A lot of credit has to go to the Bartlett coaching staff : Don Deaton, Russell Dykes, and David Owen did a wonderful job tonight. Just a fun night all around.

Like Opperman, I'm really looking forward to see how these young guys mature and grow as a team.

Edited by Pantherbert

Are ya'll talking about Harding Academy?  If so, who else do they have?

825436761[/snapback]

Price is their best player, and it's not close. Great slasher, solid shooter. Cortez Mack is super-quick and can get to the rim, and they do a good job of spreading out and spotting up off Price and Mack's penetration. They can *ALL* shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

He could have a lot of stud players around him...... Greg Hardy (6'5", starter at briarcrest), Byron Taylor (6'6", starter at Whirehaven), AJ and Aaron Boyce (6'2" twins who went with Frodden to Dyer Co.), Tacuma Alexander (6'2" shooter, won state title with Hardy at Rossville last year, younger brother of Attiba).... and in the school they have Todd Cox, who as a 7th grader was a dominating rebounder and could dunk, and he played Varsity in 8th grade..... if those people has stayed, along with a person like Ross Tapley (6'3", garud at birarcrest) and adding Price, McNutt, Martin, Street, Mack, this team could be a state title contender, with that said i still think they are, especially with their only losses to Bartlett in OT after being up by 20 and Cordova in double OT... Bartlett is beating everyone, and Harding should have beat them, time will tell but this team will suprise...

He could have a lot of stud players around him...... Greg Hardy (6'5", starter at briarcrest), Byron Taylor (6'6", starter at Whirehaven), AJ and Aaron Boyce (6'2" twins who went with Frodden to Dyer Co.), Tacuma Alexander (6'2" shooter, won state title with Hardy at Rossville last year, younger brother of Attiba).... and in the school they have Todd Cox, who as a 7th grader was a dominating rebounder and could dunk, and he played Varsity in 8th grade..... if those people has stayed, along with a person like Ross Tapley (6'3", garud at birarcrest) and adding Price, McNutt, Martin, Street, Mack, this team could be a state title contender, with that said i still think they are, especially with their only losses to Bartlett in OT after being up by 20 and Cordova in double OT... Bartlett is beating everyone, and Harding should have beat them, time will tell but this team will suprise...

825459575[/snapback]

Hardy isn't starting at Briarcrest yet, he won't be eligible until December 30. Harding will be solid this year, the Marium Price show will be fun to watch.

825459575[/snapback]

I think both Harding and Bartlett will be a lot of fun to watch up in Centralia. Let's represent Tennessee well guys thumb

I'll be rooting for you guys ( unless Harding an Bartlett have to play...lol)

Edited by Pantherbert

825459575[/snapback]

To the best of my knowledge, the Boyce twins are not at Dyer County.