Where are the OS faithful

Guest vapor rub

Guest vapor rub

Life after Laura Hall began last night and it showed. Without the kids from OR things would have been really bad.

Losing to Clarkrange is no disgrace at all but without them it would have been worse.

Monk stepped up in the second half. She carried them throughout the second half.

Wampler didn't have her best performance, and Hackworth was out of shape due to injury. The sophomore and freshman played like they were young.

Coach Wright will have to have patience with this year’s club and when the dust settles they should be ok.

But fans OS will and is missing Laura Hall. You didn't want to admit it last season but you had better realize what she was to this team. It is going to take a total team effort every night for you to win.

With this said I still believe they are the team to beat in the district. I have not seen any other teams yet but you have to go with them right now.

AC from what I hear needs a point guard to step up and if that according to sources happens they could compete for the title.

Lenoir City should be 3rd but Joe Lee could be the main factor and that alone could put them in the battle for the top spot.

The balance of the teams should be fighting for the final spots, Loudon is young with 1,2 seniors and the rest freshman.

Don't know what Scott High has except a good new coach. Kingston is still down.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Coach Wright will have to be patient. He played 11 players last night looking at different combinations. I think he wasn't as concerned with picking up a win as simply seeing how the new faces reacted in a real game.

Monk played real well down the stretch, but foul trouble forced her to sit much of the first half.

Hackworth wasn't 100 percent, but still scored 10 points and led the team in rebounds.

I think Davis is going to be a real player and Jill McLauglin definitely provided a spark off the bench.

It's definitely a work in progress, but OS should be in good shape by tournament time.

Guest vapor rub

Don't everybody get huffy I am a supporter of the lady cats I just heard so much crap last season I thought I would see what people had to say.

If you read the post I said they would be Ok for the district title again. I also saw them struggle some with the front court pressure CR used on them.

They are still going to be tough but they struggled. New kids learning new things you can expect a struggle at first.

My point was you can't replace a kid like her(LH) and some people in OZ didn't respect what she done for that team.

K. Christopher will be another Laura in differant ways but she can really play I agree.

But let's leave her alone until she grows some Let's don't put that kind of pressure on her this early in her career.

Im pretty sure almost 100% sure that everyone in Oliver Springs or around that knew or seen Laura Play respected her and thought she was a talented ball player. But you have to look this is a new year, a new season, and a new atmosphere. Laura Hall is done and gone with. Yes she did set records and all that but once its over you cant go back and you cant expect to replace someone. But considering you want to leave Kayla out of this why dont you go ahead and leave Laura out to and accept the fact that she is gone and the team is working hard to get where they need to be. The whole if it wasnt for the OR girls OS wouldnt have anything...the OR girls are not OR girls anymore...they are OS LADY CATS!! You may doubt the CATS now...but I think later on I see good things happening...