Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's way to much senseless babble that people have to scroll through to actually find something on this thread. Somebody needs to put the kiddies in the timeout chair.

Now if you want to talk about football...

I have indeed seen both teams play, one team numerous more times than the other, but I still think I can offer a good comparison.

Here is what I saw from Maryville on offense: they have a big, strong offensive line who keeps their QB well protected, and he throws well out of this protection. This QB has a strong arm, but is not always very accurate and has a tendacy to overthrow his receivers. When he is flushed from the pocket, he makes good decisions, but does not throw near as well on the run, and does not run particularly well. His wide receivers are good, but not great, and Childs tends to drop balls put right on the money. There is no big tight end that they really go to. Their RB's are good and hit hard, but I would only say that Tallent has good speed.

For their defense: They are big on the defensive front, and they get a good push, but aren't very quick. They do a good job of stopping the run up the middle, BUT, if the RB's get passed the line, the linebackers are average at best and are not great tacklers. Their secondary is solid as most of them are wide receivers as well. The coaches mix up their blitz schemes and it seems to be effective.

From Tennessee High on offense: The offensive line is not big, even though we have two 275 pounders. They are quick though and for the most part block very well. Our QB is an outstanding athlete who can hurt a team with his feet and his arm, but rarely has he gone past the 10 attempt mark. His arm is strong and accurate and they use it when they need to. The wide recieving core consists of very speedy kids with good hands, for the most part. The tight end position is very skilled, probably the best hands on the team. The RB's are our strength! We have 5, yes 5, running backs that could be stars at any other high school. We always have fresh legs, and we just keep poundin ya with them. All with different attributes, some power guys, some finesse guys, and a combo.

On defense: Our defensive front four has been a powerhouse this year (can't wait to see them go up against Maryville Oline). The DE's might be the best in 4A. The linebackers are solid and quick, sure tacklers. Our secondary is very good for the most part, (there is one weak link, but I'm not going to say any names). Our safety is excellent and I would put him up against anybody.

For the overall analysis: Maryville is big and strong up frong, with a good QB. If Tennessee High gets pressure on him like they have everyone else this year, then I see him having a hard time throwing the ball for any distance due to lack of time. If not, then he could have a good day and that would be bad for the Vikes. Their RB's are going to get their yards, but we are very good at stopping the run.

If the field is dry, then our speed will be too much for the Rebels to contend with, even though they have a good defensive line. This is going to be an awesome game, and I can't wait to see it!

We're just havin a lil fun bighurt....back to football.

So, your all's line isn't that big?  Seriously, I thought y'all were huge by the way most of you made it sound.

To all concerned...the rebelnation memorial thread is up and runnin...

825446887[/snapback]

There are not that big.

There's two 260 pounders on the the line. One that's 275. The others are around the 225-245 pound mark and rely on their strength. They can hold their own against big linemen.

Zack Morton, 6'3" 220lbs, held his own against Charlie Smith, 6' 4" 280lbs

The rest of the team isn't big but they are fast. Brandon is 5'5 155lbs

Imagine that. You think your team is better than ours...why did YOU waste all our time SCROLLING thru that to just say what you think.

Yep, I bet Cade misses twice as many apsses as your QB. That would be because he attmpts 10 times more passes per game!! All our receivers are clutch...much like derrick jeter. May not make the play 10 out of 10, but if the play is gonna break you back, expect it. You tried to be nice and in your mind you were being, but all you said is my team is better than yours.

Against the Sullivan's I guess you'd think so. :P

Maybe thats because we don't base our offence on passing.

We take teams down with our extremely fast running backs, in which you will not catch any of them.

When we actually do pass, we succede. (See Elizabethton)

Our line may not weigh as much as Maryville's, but I can guarantee you that THS's line is stronger and faster than any other in the state.

Imagine that.  You think your team is better than ours...why did YOU waste all our time SCROLLING thru that to just say what you think.

Yep, I bet Cade misses twice as many apsses as your QB.  That would be because he attmpts 10 times more passes per game!!  All our receivers are clutch...much like derrick jeter.  May not make the play 10 out of 10, but if the play is gonna break you back, expect it.  You tried to be nice and in your mind you were being, but all you said is my team is better than yours.

Against the Sullivan's I guess you'd think so. :P

825446922[/snapback]

Nidiffer doesn't need to throw it. He didn't need to last game but he did throw and look what happened; he threw 3 touchdown passes on 6 completions for over 150 yards.

With a QB as good as Cade I hope Maryville will throw the ball. Tennessee High probably hopes they will throw it too. They are very successful against the pass.

Speed will probably be the gamebreaker here.

Yep, as mentioned before lads, the Lords of Speed all thought it would be the difference too (Pearl Cohn, Alcoa, Hillsboro, Central, Memphis Schools). They were all proven wrong.

Strongest and fastest line....IN THE STATE?!! Lock him up boys, he's not playing with a full deck, his antelope don't hop, his elevator is stuck, his dawg won't hunt...he jist ain't right!!

Son, go watch Oak Ridge or Riverdale and tell me about the strongest, fastest line then. thumb

Just as Fulmer had some success against Spurrier in those early days, Central did win a couple in recent years. When Maryville started out 0-4 that year was Central one of those teams? And Central did knock Maryville out of the playoffs when Phillips was the QB. Still, thats at least 8/9 wins to 2 loses for Maryville in the recent games. I guess that equals the best anyone can claim against Maryville in quite a few years. (other being MWest with only 2 wins in a lot of games played.)

825446616[/snapback]

Just incase you dont remember...Maryville won one of the three state titles the year we went 0-4...

I have something to say to Matt Stickley!

Tackle somebody please. I know you are a senior and all, but please just wrap up when you tackle. Has no one told you that football is not a beauty contest, and it's not about how you look out there. Stop prancing around and hit somebody! If you don't, then I think everyone in Bristol knows what should be done: put in the guy who should be the starter anyway! Who's that? That's right, Matt Fleenor!

Edited by vikingnation