Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout these cute lil memories thsvike...

VIKING FOOTBALL COACHES AND THEIR RECORDS

Harry Thayer  8- 9- 1    44%

Jim Elmore  3- 6- 0      33%

Bill Bricker  9- 11- 1    43%

Turtle Torbett  4- 5- 1  40%

or these

1986 3-7-0

1987 4-6-0

1994 2-8-0

1998 4-7-0

Hmmm...y'all sucked as recently as 98...I believe we were winning a state championship that year....must have been too busy to notice your failure.

Do you have any idea how long it's been since we've put that many losing season together in 20 years?  NEVER!!

825451192[/snapback]

Please Note :

"PRE- STUBBS" ERA (makes a difference)

I really have no idea who is going to win this game, Tennessee high has a good running game, but Maryville has Cade thompson, who u think would be used to pressure like this for the big games, but from what i can see, Maryville, the reason why they are so good year in and year out is because they always play like a team. in the movie friday night lights the coach says " Be Perfect", and that seems like what maryville strives for, and thats usually what they get...perfection.

Edited by Rudy88

i know who is going to win this game, Maryville. Their wing-t just cant beat Maryville. hillsboro tried twice and look what happened to them, two state championships out of it. william blount tries it every year and well they speak for themselves. and rhea county thought they could win with it and they got shut out completely. Maryville will win this game by two or more touchdowns, the wing-t cannot beat our team.

i know who is going to win this game, Maryville.  Their wing-t just cant beat Maryville.  hillsboro tried twice and look what happened to them, two state championships out of it.  william blount tries it every year and well they speak for themselves.  and rhea county thought they could win with it and they got shut out completely.  Maryville will win this game by two or more touchdowns, the wing-t cannot beat our team.

825451978[/snapback]

the wing-t is a terrible idea against maryville...everyone might as well just get used to it-maryville can beat it, everyone knows it, we have time and time again....sorry THS, its all over tomorrow night :blink:

To Much Bull on this thread--So please get back to Football! Man Manning for four TD's in one half!! TN HI vs. Maryville Friday

TN HI must stop Cade and Company but I don’t think they can match up with the multiple receivers Maryville has. IF Maryville focused upon one or two receivers TN HI could slow the pass some but TN HI has not seen a quick strike passing attack like Maryville’s ever and Cade will have multiple targets from which to choose from. The O-Line is big, experienced enough and healthy and will give Cade time to look the field.

Maryville’s Running attack has been slowed a little with injury. Singleton and Tank have stepped up big which are cornerstone maxims of the program. Few teams enjoy this type of depth, and these two kids have raised the standard. Tallent and Byner will be the starters but will both get some rest. The run game will be more difficult to establish vs. TN HI because of their speed and size up front, but they are no way as big as Powell or as fast as Central. Maryville will settle with 4-6 smash mouth yards and control the ball when needed and GQ will provide the standard play mix and take what TN HI gives.

The keys to stopping TN HI.

TN HI will run a form of the Wing-T. Maryville has been effective in stopping the Wing-T the past few years in every contest. GQ and staff have spent a considerable amount of time this week working the scheme. Looking at film if Maryville stops RB Nidiffer from getting into the open field around the ends this will limit the running threat. IF he gets open he can take it the distance. He also catches a few passes out of the backfield. Clearly the main threat. TN HI relies on its pulling lineman to open up the ends and middle. TN HI will try hard to establish the run game because if they don’t they’ll have no chance at beating Maryville because they can’t win with just the passing game like Maryville can. IF Maryville’s Tucker, Smith and Cable stops most of what comes up the middle and Smith, Killebrew are effective maintaining contain Maryville should limit the impact of TN HI’s “O”.

Last week Maryville with about 1:25 left in a game vs. a tough opponent again proved what a heart of a champion looks like. Being behind a good part of the game and late in the 4th Qtr the Rebels showed they don’t panic or give up till the horn sounds.

I took exception to the current thought and write up’s in the papers that Maryville only wins with tricks and by luck. The artful design of any good offensive play is deception to the defense and execution. The facts speak for themselves; Maryville is 23-2 in the playoffs during the past six seasons and knows what it takes and how to get it done vs. good teams like TN HI. I expect Maryville to win Friday night in a great football game.