Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking an off week for him statistically. Here's why

1. Cold weather. We're likely to throw less.

2. Cautious play. After a lead is established we'll control the clock with the run.

3. Team speed. I don't think we'll get a long touchdown because the DBs of THS can catch or stay with us. So we'll get the ball to close to the goal and then run it in.

So, I'd say 2 TDs for Cade. One to Clement and one to Jenkins or Maples. No offense to Childs but I see Ace making one play like only AC can and the other one being a toss up to our taller receivers over a smaller DB (can anyone say Rebel fade?)

I'm thinking an off week for him statistically. Here's why

1. Cold weather. We're likely to throw less.

2. Cautious play. After a lead is established we'll control the clock with the run.

3. Team speed. I don't think we'll get a long touchdown because the DBs of THS can catch or stay with us. So we'll get the ball to close to the goal and then run it in.

So, I'd say 2 TDs for Cade. One to Clement and one to Jenkins or Maples. No offense to Childs but I see Ace making one play like only AC can and the other one being a toss up to our taller receivers over a smaller DB (can anyone say Rebel fade?)

825453167[/snapback]

I hear ya, but Im not so sure how many passes Jenkins will see coming to him today. He got banged up a little last week and has a bruised rotater cuff. So he might not be too affective tonight. I think Ace will have 2 TD receptions and probably one to childs, that kid is hungry for the ball. Maples is a great receiver but he has shown to be a little unreliable in the past, but he still has the ability to make some great plays.

Maryville's defense.... they're very sound on D... The Line doesnt usually allow any quarterback to rest for a long time, normally most QB's are fleeing for their lives... however against Powell they're quarterback was very successful running out of the pocket... Coach Gaylor's Linebackers (Parnell, Valentine, Kimsey) are always mixing up their blitzes, and making their victim's pay... Maryville has a very fearful quality of allowing the big play at times... If they can stop the big play they'll destroy THS... It's a rare thing when teams drive against Maryville... However THS some speedy playmakers but i see Maryville's D sticking this one out to win..

Maryville 42

THS 28

I hear ya, but Im not so sure how many passes Jenkins will see coming to him today.  He got banged up a little last week and has a bruised rotater cuff.  So he might not be too affective tonight.  I think Ace will have 2 TD receptions and probably one to childs, that kid is hungry for the ball.  Maples is a great receiver but he has shown to be a little unreliable in the past, but he still has the ability to make some great plays.

825453171[/snapback]

I get what you're saying. I forgot about Jenkins being a little banged on. And Childs is such a stud. And Maples is still so young....but with SO much potential. I was basing that solely on us tossing that fade route when we get in the red zone and thinking we'd probably try to do it to one of our taller wide outs.

Something I didn't think of though, is that we've had success recently passing to guys like Tallent and Singleton out of the backfield. So, I'm going to change it up. I say two passing TDs. One to Ace of course. And one to Tallent.

(Hopefully we'll get three and you and I and Raider will all be right)