Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

I've heard Maryville's offense on here a few times, but what does the defense normally do?

825453181[/snapback]

Over the past two weeks I think our defense has performed quite poorly of what they are capable of. Speed and quickness on the opposing team has kind of hurt us for example two weeks ago Cody Watts ate our defense alive. Last week we had some trouble with Helton and David Gaston, but I think the defense will be back to performing like normal this week. They are fired up and ready to go.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying. I forgot about Jenkins being a little banged on. And Childs is such a stud. And Maples is still so young....but with SO much potential. I was basing that solely on us tossing that fade route when we get in the red zone and thinking we'd probably try to do it to one of our taller wide outs.

Something I didn't think of though, is that we've had success recently passing to guys like Tallent and Singleton out of the backfield. So, I'm going to change it up. I say two passing TDs. One to Ace of course. And one to Tallent.

(Hopefully we'll get three and you and I and Raider will all be right)

825453229[/snapback]

No doubt we will throw the fade at least once, thats just understood with Maryville. They are so successful at it. Jenkins might be ok for tonight, but I'm not sure just depends on how that rotater cuff is doing (I'm not sure how long it would take to recover from a rotater cuff bruise). I just know earlier this week he told me he could only move it up to level with his shoulder. Hopefully he is 100% now and will be on the receiving end of that fade pass.

I get what you're saying. I forgot about Jenkins being a little banged on. And Childs is such a stud. And Maples is still so young....but with SO much potential. I was basing that solely on us tossing that fade route when we get in the red zone and thinking we'd probably try to do it to one of our taller wide outs.

Something I didn't think of though, is that we've had success recently passing to guys like Tallent and Singleton out of the backfield. So, I'm going to change it up. I say two passing TDs. One to Ace of course. And one to Tallent.

(Hopefully we'll get three and you and I and Raider will all be right)

825453229[/snapback]

Can't agree More on Maples, so much potential but clearly behind where I thought he would be at this point. There is no question with the staff he'll develope nicely. I worry more about his secondary performances and know given the right pass he'll break a big one. Good problem to have. I think the D line has done a good job because we have to remember 4 of 6 normal starters are juniors who did not start last year. Lawhan being gone really hurt us even though the LB corp plus one or two have steped up big to keep runners pined.

I think TN HI will get a few yards, hard yards but I see the reb's limiting the passing effect. If Maryville comes out like the first Central game we'll again visit the borro. If we are flat, make more than 4 turnovers and allow TN HI to get the lead late, we'll be handing in equipment to Coach Humphery monday!

But really GQ and company are up to the task I think and we win

Who are some of THS's key players to look for??  QB, WRs, HBs??  Defense??

825453390[/snapback]

Brandon Anderson #9, he's the smallest guy on the team and it's always fun to see him running and getting the extra yards. Him and De'Shaud Johnson #5 are part of the special teams and punt return unit.

QB is Marcus Nidiffer he can throw the ball if he has to and can run with it quite well. He will most likely be going to the University of Kentucky on a baseball scholarship.

WR's.....ugh..oh yeah Nick Howington #3. He hasn't had the ball thrown to him a lot but he has good hands and can run too. I think De'Shaud sometimes plays at Wide Reciever but most of the time Howington is the only reciever.

Other than Anderson, Major Canty #22 at fullback, Maurice "Mo" Whitten #31 who is the wingback and is pretty fast to be 6'3" 220lbs. He can run the forty in 4.6 seconds and has weight lifting records for Tennessee and on defense at DE "Mo" would have the sack record if it wasn't for Zack Morton #44. Morton also plays both ways; his position on offense is usually at Tight End.

Ryan Shaw #48 and Carletan Bell #32 are second string players but they have gotten a lot of playing time and have made big plays. Carleton has been a passing threat as well as run threat.

The Punter/Kicker Nathan Miller has made some good punts and is capable of making field 50 yard field goals if he puts enough leg into it. I think his strongest asset is to be able to punt deep inside the twenty without it going into the endzone.

Edited by THSVikings2004