Franklin at Germantown

BigSneaky

Wow... did Franklin seriously only throw the ball TWICE last night? That's what the Tennessean stats have... Mikrut 2/2 for 27 yards. 45 running plays. Wow.

Also, WesVols said that Franklin was running something he called a "shot-bone" offense... a mix between the wishbone and a shotgun formation. Sounded crazy. Any details on that, guys?

825442789[/snapback]

Well actually it was called the Notre Dame Box. A formation used in the 1930's by ND. It definitly threw our D off for the first half, till coach Crawford made some adjustments. After the first half we shut it down, but then they shut our offense down. It was another Bwood-Franklin. I hope Franklin wins, so I can go see Riverdale beat the snot out of them. Actually I just want to see Riverdale play cause i remember the scrimmage we had against them, but i just want to refresh my memory. Franklin winning would give me more reason to go.

Edited by BHS05

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, congratulations to the Franklin Rebels for moving on to the semi's. I think the world of the players, they seemed very classy throughout the whole game against Brentwood, excluding the cheapshot on Heimerdinger. They will have to play better than they played against Brentwood to beat Germantown though. They have outstanding coaching, and not to discredit them, it seemed like Brentwood shot themselves in the foot too many times offensively and were too beat up defensively. I think Franklin will play better in the semi's though and this should be a really good game. Riverdale will be nearly impossible to beat in Murfreesboro for whoever moves on, but best of luck to Franklin.

Guest Oakland
SchoolID=424&SportID=1]Riverdale[/url] will be nearly impossible to beat in Murfreesboro for whoever moves on, but best of luck to Franklin.

825445096[/snapback]

really now. while riverdale has made 4 straight trips to the blue cross bowl, they have only won one of them, with that being 2001. doesnt sound too invincible to me

hahaha doh!!!..i feel like a "burro"

825445061[/snapback]

Any news on the player from Franklin that was taken off the field on a strecther? I saw it on the news and he had both hands in the air. Was wondering how he was doing and if he will play this week? Hope so, it's always a scary sight to see a player taken off the field like that.

really now. while riverdale has made 4 straight trips to the blue cross bowl, they have only won one of them, with that being 2001. doesnt sound too invincible to me

825445116[/snapback]

Riverdale 48, CPA 28

(Sep. 3) Riverdale 65, Smyrna 20

(Sep. 10) Riverdale 49, Lincoln Co. 0

(Sep. 16) Riverdale 34, Lebanon 0

(Sep. 24) Riverdale 38, Dickson Co. 2

(Oct. 1) Riverdale 62, Siegel 0

(Oct. 8) Riverdale 48, Oakland 0

(Oct. 15) Riverdale 56, Blackman 6

(Oct. 22) Riverdale 41, Wilson Central 0

(Oct. 29) Riverdale 44, LaVergne 0

(Nov. 5) Riverdale 41, Franklin Co. 0

(Nov. 12) Riverdale 35, Smyrna 0

(Nov. 19) Riverdale 28, Cookeville 7

You're right, Riverdale will get killed at state. They've only outscored opponents 589 to 63 this year. Thanks for pointing out how wrong I really was.

Edited by CALL4BRUINS

Guest Oakland
Riverdale 48, CPA 28       

(Sep. 3)  Riverdale 65, Smyrna 20         

(Sep. 10)  Riverdale 49, Lincoln Co. 0           

(Sep. 16)  Riverdale 34, Lebanon 0       

(Sep. 24)  Riverdale 38, Dickson Co. 2         

(Oct. 1)  Riverdale 62, Siegel 0       

(Oct. 8)  Riverdale 48, Oakland 0         

(Oct. 15)  Riverdale 56, Blackman 6           

(Oct. 22)  Riverdale 41, Wilson Central 0           

(Oct. 29)  Riverdale 44, LaVergne 0         

(Nov. 5)  Riverdale 41, Franklin Co. 0         

(Nov. 12)  Riverdale 35, Smyrna 0         

(Nov. 19)  Riverdale 28, Cookeville 7

You're right, Riverdale will get killed at state. They've only outscored opponents 589 to 63 this year. Thanks for pointing out how wrong I really was.

825445179[/snapback]

too bad all of those scores from the home games are at riverdale. riverdale hasnt been too hot when playing at mtsu in the blue cross bowl, 1-3 in the last 4 years ;)