Franklin at Germantown

BigSneaky

This should be a good game with a good crowd.

Franklin's defense should more than hold it's own against Germantown; that being said if Germantown is able to grind the ball out and eat the clock, Franklin will have some problems. The wishbone will be of no great deal to the Rebels as Centennial runs it. But G'town has a better stabel of running backs than the Cougars.

The real challenge will be to score against Germantown's defense. This is where Franklin's never having settled on the QB situation may come up and bite them. Franklin is more diverse than Germantown offensively, so if they get the lead they will be able to play keep away. Kicking game will be in Franklin's favor. Just like in our game-big plays may decide the game. Big plays seem to universally fall Franklin's way. Key for Franklin will be to get up by more than two possessions.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say this game should be in favor of Germantown, they are the defending state champs and are really running on all cylinders...plus their defense is killin' folks...they really dont have any tricks...its pretty much run the ball down your throat...and i would say they execute pretty well....they've got two big backs in Brewer and Traylor who just run you over...and that Cottam kid at defensive end is a monster....i would say that you will see Germantown in the 'Boro this year.....but then again if your in the semi's, you obviously are good enough so Franklin could come away with the "W", but with this game in Memphis i think G'town's gonna win....

How good is Germantown this year? They do have been beaten 3 times this year. Was anyone injured during those games? Do they still run the wishbone? Tell us a little about the 2004 Germantown team.

Our three losses came early in the season, one of which was to private power Christian Brothers, one Houston, and the other Whitehaven. Since then we have won seven straight and the team is looking like last year, they have really come together. As long as there's stars over Germantown, the Devils will run the wishbone. The thing we had last year that we don't have this year is an experienced quarterback that we can put the ball in his hands and expect him to make a play. We are starting a sophomore at QB and he has improved but QB is our one weak spot. Of course the upside of starting a sophomore is he will have mucho experience by senior year. Assuming I was to pick this game completely objectively, two weeks ago I would have probably had to pick Franklin. But after watching this team Friday night and the way the defense played in the second half especially, I really think the Devils have what it takes to go to the 'Boro again this year. This team has a certain aura of confidence about it that I really don't even remember seeing last year.

Well I can't wait for Friday night. Franklin fans, bring lots of folks down here, the more the merrier. It will be a great high school football game, I don't think any team really has much of an edge over the other, it will come down to who wants it more.

My pick: Germantown 20 Franklin 10

I still don't get how Franklin isn't the favorite here. They've lost one game by a blocked extra point to a team they beat Friday night. It really shouldn't bother me, I'm aware of this. It's just a plea for a little bit of respect. Oh well, the Rebs have my respect and support!

Look for Franklin to hopefully get an early lead and NOT sit on it this year. That's my key to this game. Franklin got too complacent last year with a 10-0 lead. The great coaching staff of the Rebels won't let that happen this year. I think that ultimately this game will be won in the first five minutes or so of the second half.

GO REBELS!

I still don't get how Franklin isn't the favorite here. They've lost one game by a blocked extra point to a team they beat Friday night. It really shouldn't bother me, I'm aware of this. It's just a plea for a little bit of respect. Oh well, the Rebs have my respect and support!

Look for Franklin to hopefully get an early lead and NOT sit on it this year. That's my key to this game. Franklin got too complacent last year with a 10-0 lead. The great coaching staff of the Rebels won't let that happen this year. I think that ultimately this game will be won in the first five minutes or so of the second half.

GO REBELS!

825446660[/snapback]

With all due respect, I've been to home Franklin Games, have you ever been to a home G'town game? If crowd support has anything to do with it, which I know it does, and home field advantage, I'd have to honestly, and unbiasiadly say, Germantown is going to dominate the entire game.

Every one on the planet had the Houston Game 50/50 and G'town dominated. Every one said G'town's Jeff Cottam (6'8") would tire,,and he got better as the game progressed. Everyone said G'town's sophmore quarterback couldn't do it, and he continues to prove everyone wrong. These boys get better with more pressure.

But if things don't go G'towns way, and we all know it's anybody's game on any given Friday night, do what we would have done on 12/4 and put the Riverdale stands in the quiet mode and kick some ######!

With all due respect, I've been to home Franklin Games, have you ever been to a home G'town game? If crowd support has anything to do with it, which I know it does, and home field advantage, I'd have to honestly, and unbiasiadly say, Germantown is going to dominate the entire game.

Every one on the planet had the Houston Game 50/50 and G'town dominated. Every one said G'town's Jeff Cottam (6'8") would tire,,and he got better as the game progressed. Everyone said G'town's sophmore quarterback couldn't do it, and he continues to prove everyone wrong. These boys get better with more pressure.

But if things don't go G'towns way, and we all know it's anybody's game on any given Friday night, do what we would have done on 12/4 and put the Riverdale stands in the quiet mode and kick some ######!

825446860[/snapback]

I would say the good people in Pierre, South Dakota could care less about the outcome of this game; nonetheless, Germantown wins by 17.

Edited by SCtribe

Home field advantage helped out the Red Devils a whole lot in 2002 when Brentwood came down there, didn't it?

And I assure you, there will be plenty of Franklin people making the trek to Germantown, so the Franklin guys will have plenty of people in the crowd cheering them on loud and strong. Plus, I just don't really believe that home-field advantage exists at the high school level except for a FEW rare places like Riverdale and Maryville, IMO.

I would say the good people in Pierre, South Dakota could care less about the outcome of this game; nonetheless, Germantown wins by 17.

825446879[/snapback]

I'm just curious. You seem to have a deep interest in Germantown yet from the majority of your posts you seem to be from Sequatchie County. Why the apparent love for Germantown? Family member go there? I'm not being hostile here, honestly just curious.

Home field advantage helped out the Red Devils a whole lot in 2002 when Brentwood came down there, didn't it?

And I assure you, there will be plenty of Franklin people making the trek to Germantown, so the Franklin guys will have plenty of people in the crowd cheering them on loud and strong. Plus, I just don't really believe that home-field advantage exists at the high school level except for a FEW rare places like Riverdale and Maryville, IMO.

825446881[/snapback]

Great! We look foward to seeing you'all and may the best team win!

too bad all of those scores from the home games are at riverdale. riverdale hasnt been too hot when playing at mtsu in the blue cross bowl, 1-3 in the last 4 years :D

825445197[/snapback]

OK, well THIS YEAR they are outscoring their opponents ridiculously and in my opinion will be very hard to beat in Murfreesboro. I would think the experience of being there before will help them, not hurt them. Do you not think 589-63 this year is pretty good?

Bryant had a feeling the Rebels would win before the game. Earlier in the day, he asked his sixth-period economics teacher if he was going to Memphis with the team the following week. Memphis is the home of Germantown and Houston, which Franklin would travel to in the 5A semifinal round if they beat Brentwood.

“Yeah,” the teacher answered. “I’ll go if you all win tonight.”

“No,” Bryant countered. “I asked if you are going to Memphis with us.”

That's from a great article in today's City Paper. Let's hope that Dawson continues to be right as he told me when we ended our conversation the other night "See ya in the 'Boro."

I reallllllly wish I could be there Friday. The only thing that will make it easier is if the Rebs win, and I truly believe they will. Does anyone remember if I gave a score prediction last week? I don't want to this week if I didn't last week.

825446220[/snapback]

You have got to get a life.