Franklin at Germantown

BigSneaky

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, with school gettin' out for me tomorrow, I feel like the game should be tomorrow! Ahh, I hate waiting for a game that I can't even go to! Y'all be loud for me Friday night... I'll be watching the biggest sporting event in Sarasota history (on the scale of Brentwood-Franklin quaterfinal game in '02 in that it's two inter-county teams playing each other late in the playoffs for the first time) but I'll definitely be thinkin' about the Rebs!

Huskers that is a pretty good analysis of this team. The only thing I see differently is they are more athletic than they appear. They has SPEED. Look at the way the defense runs to the ball. I think they limit themselves too much on offense. Two keys for them to win this game. Unfortunatley it will be on the offense. One- stretch the defense. Mikrut can throw the long ball, I think they need to let him throw the ball down field more. This will spread the defense and open the up run. Two- Stay with one QB. They did this at Brentwood and they stayed in a rhythem.

Huskers is right and apollo you nailed it on the dot. Franklin may not have the powerhouse offense that they had last year but it is still a talented offense. I dont believe i ahve seen them play to their full potential yet this year and after brentwood i am poised to see it from them against Germantown. The Notre Dame I threw brentwood off and by doing that opened up the passing game. We never used that to our advantage like we could have and we need to on friday. Germantown runs a wishbone and our strength all year has been on rushing defense. With our strong linebacking core and speed at the corner position I know we can beat them. I ll be there on friday. WE NEED ALL THE PEOPLE WE CAN GET.

WE BELIEVE!

Let's all be honest here and realize together that this will be a beating on Friday night. Franklin will pound Germantown much worse than they pounded Brentwood. We slacked off too much against Brentwood in the 2nd half and if they had any offense whatsoever it could've costed us the game. In that sense we were lucky, but as much as Brentwood stinks, it shouldn't have been like that. We need to play harder in the second half than we did against Brentwood and this won't be close. Rebels 37-14.

Hey FHSReb12....by "we" do you mean the guys that actually play? I'll have to admit...Hotard and Leach played big on D and Mikrut and Waters definitely broke off some nice runs...but I have to say that my MVP award goes to you...for having 2 of the finest field goal snaps I've ever seen on a high school field. And you definitely receive bonus points from me for not blowing the game for your team with your ###### poor extra point blocking. Yea...close that mouth, Kick Team All-Star.

Edited by BruinsT50

Let's all be honest here and realize together that this will be a beating on Friday night. Franklin will pound Germantown much worse than they pounded Brentwood. We slacked off too much against Brentwood in the 2nd half and if they had any offense whatsoever it could've costed us the game. In that sense we were lucky, but as much as Brentwood stinks, it shouldn't have been like that. We need to play harder in the second half than we did against Brentwood and this won't be close. Rebels 37-14.

825451419[/snapback]

While I believe that Germantown (GHS) is vulnerable & may lose to Franklin (FHS), I would not be so quick to predict a "beating (blowout)."

I saw Germantown play 3 times this season: Early on, I felt that they would be lucky to win 6 games this year, especially after they collapsed vs whitehaven and got wollped by Christian Brothers! After I saw them play Collierville (my Alma Mater), I realized that they had improved DRAMATICALLY from earlier in the year-- their offense seemed more cohesive, as if it had finally found it's identity; their defense (still) bent but didn't break, as it did (IMHO) earlier in the year.

I'm now convinced that this year's GHS team might surprise a few people, just like they surprised me....GHS is playing solid football right now. They have always been one of the top 2 or 3 programs (and a bit cocky @ times, IMO) in the Memphis/Shelby County area, and have fared well VS Middle/East Tennessee teams. Further, GHS eliminated FHS last year, en route to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! Because of this, the Red Devils probably BELIEVE that they can beat ANY TEAM in Tennessee. More importantly, they likely BELIEVE that they will beat FHS again! For this same reason, one has to wonder if there isn't that small seed of "DOUBT" in the back of the Rebels minds...

I don't know who will win the game Friday night between GHS & FHS. I do know that the mind is a very powerful, "magnetic" thing... Regardless, I expect another COMPETETIVE game between two excellent teams. Good luck to both squads.

-- TraderB