Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a great game between tow great football teams. Both will have to play excellent games to win. The one with the fewest penalties and turnovers will triumph.

I completely disagree. With TN running the Wing-T, I think it will take Maryville some time to adjust. I wouldn't be suprised to see Tennessee score first and go up like Central did. The key to this game is whether or not the Tennessee defence can stop the multi-faceted Maryville offense. Our defense will always be able to adjust, but if yours can't it will come back to haunt you. As long as there are not multiple turnovers (3 or more) and multiple penalties, it will not be a large influence. This is especially true if the teams match up well physically, as expected. Adjustments and execution (of which penalties are a part) is the key to this game in my opinion. Of course, we might just come out and blow Tennessee off the ball like the MoWest game of 2002.

I would agree with Playa. Maryville has never had trouble stopping the wing-T. It is the type of offense that works best when you are ahead or even. Should Tenn.High get behind by a couple scores it will be difficult to catch-up using the wing-T.

Once Maryville gets a comfortable lead they are equally adept at controlling the clock with their running game. Last Friday night proves they have 4 solid RB's and can rotate a fresh one in whenever needed. Late in the game when a defense's legs begin to get weary, fresh RB's can cause lots of havock!

Central proved they have a balanced attack and still could not pull away from Maryville. They spread it out as opposed to their TE set which they lined up in Game #1.

I am sure that the Vikings are a fine football team. On paper, and let me repeat ON PAPER, it doesn't look like they match up well with Maryville. But as Chris Berman likes to say.."THAT'S why they play the games!"

I think this game might be a good one. I have not seen Maryville play this year but we (Greeneville) played at Central and I know they played very poorly against us. We also scrimmaged against Tennessee High, which they pretty much wore us out. After that scrimmage I said that I was looking forward to going to the Maryville-Tennessee High game in late November. I am planning on attending and I hope it is a good show. My guess is Maryville 31 Tennessee High 24. I think the Rebels have played a tougher schedule this season but that does not always equal a win. Good luck to both teams and I hope they put on a good show!