Oak Ridge @ Riverdale

smallfries66

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Well well well....just wondering if all yall good folk of Oak ridge can tell me what happened to the CAT WATCH???/

Or is it that since you are winning all of the sudden the CAT WATCH isn't watching?

Well well well....just wondering if all yall good folk of Oak ridge can tell me what happened to the CAT WATCH???/

Or is it that since you are winning all of the sudden the CAT WATCH isn't watching?

825444077[/snapback]

I think he was tired of getting smacked down by Oak Ridge fans who actually attend the games and know what they are talking about.

oh from what I recall, it wasn't just one person in the CAT  WATCH......there were many.

825444107[/snapback]

You are right. Most of that discussion happened just as I moved to Oak Ridge and before I discovered Coacht. I did catch the tail end of it though. Wasn't there a member of CoachT named Catwatch? I guess winning does shut a lot of people up.

This thread seems much more civil so I think I will talk about the game on here. Its almost ludicrous for someone to know exactly what will take place in this game since our teams are seperate parts of the state unless you have seen both teams play. I was wondering a few things about the Oak Ridge team that maybe a few of your fans can answer. First of all how would you compare your team to last season? I think Riverdale has definitley improved alot since last year's game, they got to the state last year because of our coaching staff. I read on the other thread to this game that Oak Ridge has passed for over 400 yards in the last two games. If thats true, it sounds very impressive, and to beat Riverdale you must be able to pass the football while protecting the QB. I think the Cookeville fans had to learn the hard way who last week basically said no one in the state could shut down their Tailback Paxton who I don't believe came very close to the 50 yard mark for the game. I think the Cookeville coaches had a great game plan as far as trick plays go for last week's game, I just think they used them to late. To beat Riverdale you have to get up on them early. I don't believe they have ever trailed in a game all season, I could be wrong, someone correct me on that if I am. A big play early and getting the lead on them, who knows how they would react. They are a big play offense, but Cookeville proved with a great defensive scheme of staying in the run lanes you can control them and take away the big play. From what I heard Oak Ridge lost alot of talented players last year but it sounds like similar to Riverdale in most years, your team has reloaded with young talent and goten better with each game. My second question for Oak Ridge fans since I have mentioned a few ways you can beat Riverdale, is what does it take to beat Oak Ridge? Any certain weakness area? I look forward to a great game in the Boro next Friday.