Ridgeway Results

cb56

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on these results it is difficult to pick a region front runner.

It looks like Ridgeway is the team to beat as of now. Lots of numbers and more to come.  Bray has lots of kids that have wrestled a long time. may bring up eligibilty issues but he'll cover that up as well as his other scandals.

Collierville was the front runner but they more MIA's than a Vietnam Veterans Group.  Rogers doesn't seem to have to do a lot get back into the wrestling world again.

Bartlett seems to follow suit from their performance last year, could be the break out team again.  No real stars but hard nose kids like Tramel, Longo, and Harris will score points.

Houston always one to contend with seems to have dried up.  Their stars seemed sluggish and no kill power.  Could be the hasbeen coach can't get anything out of his team even though he has surrounded himself with quailty help.

Speaking of hasbeens, the Germantown coach was also a MIA.  guess he plans to live off the glory of Barnett and the Simpson name.

Cordova made a lot noise last week and were quiet except for Allen's return.  Where's was the 160 champ?

Another one to watch is Bolton, seems to be quiet in the background waiting to pounce.

And DII, well they're not Region 8/X, but nothing new CBHS will continue to dominate. All-American Boy looked bored with his competion, which reflects CBHS's view of their local opponents.

Ridgeway vs. CBHS.  Two front runners meet early in the season, which will determine the best in West TN.

825444529[/snapback]

dude, how do you respond to this? i won't because i never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

stovepipe, is that you with a new name? <_<

Medal Breakdown for the Tournament:

Advanced Div

1. CBHS- 9 medals (3G 3S 3B)

2. Ridgeway- 6 medals (3G 2S 1B)

3. Cordova- 6 medals (1G 5B)

4. Collierville- 5 medals (2G 3S)

5. Houston- 4 medals (2G 1S 1B)

6. Bartlett- 3 medals (1G 1S 1B)

Bolton- 3 medals (1G 1S 1B)

7. Germantown- 2 medals (1G 1S)

8. Briarcrest- 2 medals (1S 1B)

Kingsbury- 2 medals (1S 1B)

Novice Div

1. Bartlett- 9 medals (2G 3S 4B)

2. CBHS- 7 medals (3G 2S 2B)

3. Cordova- 7 medals (1G 3S 3B)

4. Collierville- 5 medals (3G 1S 1B)

5. Germantown- 4 medals (3S 1B)

6. Arlington- 3 medals (1G 1S 1B)

7. Houston- 2 medals (2G)

8. White Station- 2 medals (2B)

9. Ridgeway- 1 medal (1G)

MUS- 1 medal (1G)

The Advanced Division had 106 wrestlers and the Novice Division had 132 wrestlers for a total of 238 wrestlers for the tournament.

Also remember that there were notable absences because of football, injury, etc.

David Hunt, Uri Hansen, Carl Taylor, Shawn Speroff, Russell Matthews, Ben Scott, Jeff Hunt, and Rahim Rad. However, we did have some good wrestlers squaring off against each other and some fantastic wrestling to see!

Alright REGIONX, I don't know who you think you are, or what you think you know. If you had any wrestling knowledge at all, you would know that the coaches in our region are fantastic. It is their doing that has brought region 8 to be a contender. You think it's a coincidence? You think we all the sudden just got good talent and that's why we contend? If you do, it wouldn't surprise me judging from your last comments. Apparently you just want the attention because there was no truth to your statements. I've been around most, if not all, of these coaches since I was in the fifth grade. I am now in college, and I dedicate all of my progress, talent, knowledge of the sport, etc. to, not only Coach Holmes and Coach Delgado at Houston, but every single one of the coaches in region 8. They participate in the off-season programs together to make our area better. They are responsible for region 8's growth, and they will only make it better in the future.

Medal Breakdown for the Tournament:

Advanced Div

1. CBHS- 9 medals (3G 3S 3B)

2. Ridgeway- 6 medals (3G 2S 1B)

3. Cordova- 6 medals (1G 5B)

4. Collierville- 5 medals (2G 3S)

5. Houston- 4 medals (2G 1S 1B)

6. Bartlett- 3 medals (1G 1S 1B)

Bolton- 3 medals (1G 1S 1B)

7. Germantown- 2 medals (1G 1S)

8. Briarcrest- 2 medals (1S 1B)

Kingsbury- 2 medals (1S 1B)

Novice Div

1. Bartlett- 9 medals (2G 3S 4B)

2. CBHS- 7 medals (3G 2S 2B)

3. Cordova- 7 medals (1G 3S 3B)

4. Collierville- 5 medals (3G 1S 1B)

5. Germantown- 4 medals (3S 1B)

6. Arlington- 3 medals (1G 1S 1B)

7. Houston- 2 medals (2G)

8. White Station- 2 medals (2B)

9. Ridgeway- 1 medal (1G)

MUS- 1 medal (1G)

825445199[/snapback]

roadrunner ronnie, wow a team medal breakdown at a prelim, cool.

can i also get a breakdown by number of team pins, major decisions, reversals and escapes? :lol:

great tourney and your parental units were very attentive to the head table, which is always nice. also, you should worship the ground that your better half walks on. she was flying around this weekend making sure everyone and everything was done first class. three cheers for roadrunner patty! :lol:

as far as the results go, i have mixed reviews. while i think the brothers from the wave pool are still the class o' the left side, i "know" several coaches use this for extra practice time matches for their wrestling tikes, so no pressure is brought to bear on results. after the hades prelim and this weekend, everyone still has an 0-0 record for the 04-05 season. so don't read alot into these results. ;)

Edited by usfjim