J.C./ WESTVIEW

nervouswreck

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone from 7AA needs to hurry up and get on here and talk about how much these game don't matter.

In reality they really don't matter. It's just bragging rights for the fans. Any team in 13AA would gladly trade these wins for one of the Gold balls residing in 7AA.

It's just nice to see that 13AA is more than competitive from top to bottom. We'll see ya next year.

Edited by coachinhoops

YOur right coachinhoops...these games don't matter like I said early in my posts. What really matters is how well you play in tournaments. Its a long season. 7AA has the hardware...but tonight 13AA dominated. 13AA has been pretty tough for several years. And dont forget GC and Westview play Peabody Golden Tide at least 3-4 times a year who are not in their district...and they are no slouch. They could compete in both 7AA and 13AA.

YOur right coachinhoops...these games don't matter like I said early in my posts.  What really matters is how well you play in tournaments.  Its a long season. 7AA has the hardware...but tonight 13AA dominated.  13AA has been pretty tough for several years.  And dont forget GC and Westview play Peabody Golden Tide at least 3-4 times a year who are not in their district...and they are no slouch.  They could compete in both 7AA and 13AA.

825444215[/snapback]

i definately agree. GC and Westview are impressive. they both will make a good run this year.

Everyone from 7AA needs to hurry up and get on here and talk about how much these game don't matter.  In reality they really don't matter.                               

825444102[/snapback]

These games DO matter. They give coaches and players a chance to see how they do at full speed. They give them insite as to what areas need improvement.

They give officials a chance to work on their mechanics.

They give us fans, before the regular season, a chance to complain about all of the above. :lol:

Jackson Co. was ahead by one at the end of the third quarter.  It was a close game until Westview pulled ahead in the fourth quarter.  I felt Jackson Co. was severely out-rebounded.  Westview seemed to have a ton of offensive boards...

It was, overall, a fun game.

825445797[/snapback]

After seeing Westview's tipoff to buzzer fullcourt press on Friday, I thought Jackson Co. would get blown out 40+on Saturday.

I was wrong. :D The Lady Bluedevils beat the press most of the time. :D

The two green guards ripened a little Saturday. :D

After seeing Westview's  tipoff to buzzer fullcourt press on Friday, I thought Jackson Co. would get blown out 40+on Saturday.

I was wrong. :D  The Lady Bluedevils beat the press most of the time.  :D

The two green guards ripened a little  Saturday. :D

825445862[/snapback]

Agreed. I was amazed at how well Jackson Co. did against the full-court press.

Agreed.  I was amazed at how well Jackson Co. did against the full-court press.

825445936[/snapback]

Jackson Co. held up well against the Westview pressure and stayed with them as Westview dictated tempo most of the time. Westview's depth showed up in the 4th quarter, something I think will be evident in many games. When you play that many girls at that tempo you're going to wear some folks down and pull away from close games at the end.

The Lady Blue Devils will make noise again in 7AA. It's not easy to rate based on one game & some of the matchups but my preseason 7AA rankings would be

1. Smith Co.

2. Livingston Acad.

3. Jackson Co.

4. Upperman (3 & 4 real close)

5. York

6. Cannon Co.