new tssaa proposed state tourney format

mg

what is everyones thoughts on the 2005 proposed baskebtall tourney format.....

especially in west tennessee?

is district 12AA a cupcake walk compared to district 13AA thur district 16AA?

how does it affect the rest of the state?

for those not aware, the proposed format involves only the top 4 teams, and would include both girls and boys state in the same week...

Edited by mg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am surprised that no one is talking about this because this would have a huge impact on who goes to state...

this is not up for vote, but it is out for discussion.........

it has its pros, such as both boys and girls state games in the same week...

the cons are that only 4 teams go to the boro vs 8...........

i am surprised that no one is talking about this because this would have a huge impact on who goes to state...

this is not up for vote, but it is out for discussion.........

it has its pros, such as both boys and girls state games in the same week...

the cons are that only 4 teams go to the boro vs 8...........

825446227[/snapback]

Horrible proposal. They better not let this go through.

what is everyones thoughts on the 2005 proposed baskebtall tourney format.....

especially in west tennessee?

is district 12AA a cupcake walk compared to district 13AA thur district 16AA?

how does it affect the rest of the state?

for those not aware, the proposed format involves only the top 4 teams, and would include both girls and boys state in the same week...

825445328[/snapback]

I love it. I think that it will put more stock in winning the region tourney and more of a tournament atmosphere in the 'Boro in the form of a Final Four no matter what classification, region, district, etc.... I give it thumb thumb

Horrible!!!! I can't see how having half the teams makes it more of a tournament atmopshere?!!! It cuts attendence in half or more, there's less excitement because so few teams make it and I think if they do this terrible idea, it'll mean the tournament will die on the vine within a couple of years. There's be a week of coverage instead of two as well. The sectionals a few years ago was a bad idea and so is this. Leave well enough alone!

Horrible idea. It will never pass. Coaches will complain to the board so much that they would have no choice but to veto this ignorant idea. I mean who wants to go down there and see just 4 boys teams and 4 girls teams? That will take all the fun out of the whole week for us who go down for the entire tournament. Money has to be the reason behind this.

Horrible!!!! I can't see how having half the teams makes it more of a tournament atmopshere?!!! It cuts attendence in half or more, there's less excitement because so few teams make it and I think if they do this terrible idea, it'll mean the tournament will die on the vine within a couple of years. There's be a week of coverage instead of two as well. The sectionals a few years ago was a bad idea and so is this. Leave well enough alone!

825449012[/snapback]

Great post bobcatfan300. I couldn't have said it better myself! Its the most obsurd idea I've heard in a while (pertaining to sports). You're shattering four teams dreams when you take away the possibilty of going to Murfreesboro. Come on, think of the children! :)