Who will take the gold ball home in AA?

paintc

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan or Huntingdon definitely. Do you really think Lipscomb got that much better after getting stomped last year. thumb

825453082[/snapback]

That wasn't the same Lipscomb team that had played the previous 14 weeks in the season last year. The coaches and players both were cocky and thought they had it in the bag and they got it handed to them. Since their week 1 loss this team has been focused and out to prove last years championship game was a fluke. Lipscomb has played the hardest schedule and it will pay off. The shut down Turner last week, the top prospect in the state. This week they will contain Dustin Lindsey, and nect week will show why they deserve to be champs.

That wasn't the same Lipscomb team that had played the previous 14 weeks in the season last year. The coaches and players both were cocky and thought they had it in the bag and they got it handed to them. Since their week 1 loss this team has been focused and out to prove last years championship game was a fluke. Lipscomb has played the hardest schedule and it will pay off. The shut down Turner last week, the top prospect in the state. This week they will contain Dustin Lindsey, and nect week will show why they deserve to be champs.

825453210[/snapback]

Stopping a player and containing a player is different things. You're going to have to be a little more specific. Duck is much improved from last year and so is Alcoa's recieving core. It is going to be tough stopping Alcoa's high powered offense tonight. thumb

I guess you are a little lower on the education chain. I never said anything about stopping Lindsey. He is a great player and no team is going to stop him, but Lipscomb will not let Lindsey beat them. He will get his yards and one, maybe two TDs. So I would consider that containing him. But Lipsomcb may shut him down all together but I find that hard to believe. If you think that Alcoa's recieving corps iis better than Goodpasture's well I dont know what to tell ya. The passing game will not beat Lipscomb, and I know they will contain Lindsey so looks like a long ride home tonight.

Gerry, I like your style. I am of the same opinion. Lipscomb defense is so on top of their game right now it is scary. Going into this year I thought Lipscomb would have to score tons of points to win & that has certainly not been the case. All 3 linebackers are all over the place. The D-Line is getting great pressure on QB's & the DB's are laying some licks & picking off passes. The defense will score tonight off of a Fiegler pass. If Fiegler throws that little rainbow pass to the sidelines, Austin Rogers will be going the other way to the house. Ford Hillin will be big tonight. Should be a great game. Good Luck Mustangs!

Guest catfish-hunter

I'll tell you all that Gerry Bertier has some knowledge of the game and his opinion is definately respected by me whether I feel that he is right or wrong. In this case I'll disagree with my Fairview friend because I look for Huntingdon to defend their championship next Friday night. I have seen Huntingdon in person and one word comes to mind right away. That word is PHYSICAL!!!! David Lipscomb is a very talented football program who always wins, but Huntingdon flat out whipped their tails last December in Murfreesboro. Gerry said that the Lipscomb team that showed up in the 'Boro last year was not the same team that played the previous 14 weeks of the season. My response to that is that it is kinda hard not to come out emotionally pumped up for the state championship game. The fact of the matter is that Mansfield put together a game plan that had his players hitting Elrod, Robertson, and Rogers in the backfield all night long. The only play that Lipscomb had in the entire game was the one where the defensive back for Huntingdon fell flat on his face and Rogers caught the TD pass. Other than that, Huntingdon lined up and ran the football right down Lipscomb's throat the entire game. 320+ yards and 6TD's kinda speaks for itself now doesn't it folks???? I feel that tonight's Huntingdon-Milan game will decide the state title and I personally see huntingdon winning that football game. The Huntingdon Mustangs will be the 2004 class 2A state champions!!!

I guess you are a little lower on the education chain. I never said anything about stopping Lindsey. He is a great player and no team is going to stop him, but Lipscomb will not let Lindsey beat them. He will get his yards and one, maybe two TDs. So I would consider that containing him. But Lipsomcb may shut him down all together but I find that hard to believe. If you think that Alcoa's recieving corps iis better than Goodpasture's well I dont know what to tell ya. The passing game will not beat Lipscomb, and I know they will contain Lindsey so looks like a long ride home tonight.

825453336[/snapback]

You got the 2 TD right, but Lindsey ran all over D.L. He had over 250 yards on the ground. He ran straight at D.L and there was NO containing him. I don't know about all the other Alcoa fans, But I had a very enjoyable trip home!

-BlountCountySportsFan

Go Alcoa & Maryville!

Gerry, I like your style. I am of the same opinion. Lipscomb defense is so on top of their game right now it is scary. Going into this year I thought Lipscomb would have to score tons of points to win & that has certainly not been the case. All 3 linebackers are all over the place. The D-Line is getting great pressure on QB's & the DB's are laying some licks & picking off passes. The defense will score tonight off of a Fiegler pass. If Fiegler throws that little rainbow pass to the sidelines, Austin Rogers will be going the other way to the house. Ford Hillin will be big tonight. Should be a great game. Good Luck Mustangs!

825453445[/snapback]

You were right Twittybird! You just had the teams wrong!

Alcoa pressured and sacked D.L.'s QB all night. He was picked off three times. One ran back 90 yards for a TD.

Well, I looked all night at the D.L. players trying to figure out which one was Rogers?...........I was looking for a player UT might have interest in?.......the only ones I saw, were wearing maron and silver! LOL!

-BlountCountySportsFan

QUOTE(2Aguru @ Nov 24 2004 - 10:56 PM)

Bombsquad, I greatly appreciate your initiative to get this thread going again. I will be the first to admit the last one was out of control, but I refrained from jumping in on a large amount of stupidity that was running wild throughout the 18 pages. Anyways, to the game, I have a great respect for the Alcoa program and their 10 State Championships. However, looking at the game, I see no way that Alcoa has gotten 45 points better over one season. It is debatable on the improvement of Lipscomb. In my opinion, I would say Lipscomb is pretty much the same as last year, no better -no worse. Alcoa may have gotten a year more experience, but experience will not close the 6 touchdown gap from a year ago. I pick the Stangs by 21...but Alcoa will come out fired up and play close for the first quarter or so.

Go Stangs!

I'd say Alcoa has got just alittle better...................