Lipscomb vs. Alcoa

BigRig3815

WOW! I underestimated our kids. Great JOB guys. I really can't believe Rogers is signing with TN.. I don't think he will ever play a down there. I hope he proves me wrong and good luck to him but I wonder about his scholarship. Congrats to MHS also. Lets bring the GOLD back to EAST TN where the best football in the state is no doubt.

GOOD LUCK in AAA next year D.L.!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Alcoa on their win last night. The Tornadoes came out with pep in their step and were focused for this game. The Mustangfanpage will be updating the Lipscomb/Alcoa game this week. Game commentary, stats, and much more. Be sure to visit The Mustangfanpage.com

Good Luck next week in Murfreesboro. Hope all the Alcoa fans got home safely.

WOW! I underestimated our kids. Great JOB guys. I really can't believe Rogers is signing with TN.. I don't think he will ever play a down there. I hope he proves me wrong and good luck to him but I wonder about his scholarship. Congrats to MHS also. Lets bring the GOLD back to EAST TN where the best football in the state is no doubt.

GOOD LUCK in AAA next year D.L.!

825454667[/snapback]

Why not credit the Alcoa defense, and not the poor play of Austin Rogers? A week ago Lipscomb played Turner who will soon sign with any school that he wants to. He had no receptions and maybe 1 run for 6 yards. I credit that to good scheming by the Mustang coaches and good play by the Mustang players. I would never say he is underrated or doesnt deserve to play a down. Hopefully Warren and Lindsey keep their act together and can play in Neyland one day as well. I don't think you, or anyone else expects Austin to play next year. I just think it is a little ignorant to say you question his scholarship after seeing one game. With as much as Alcoa fans hype up David Pollack and Herschel Walker for the Tornadoes, I dont understand why you dont credit that defense some.

The Alcoa cable station in Blount County is already showing the Lipscomb game. They usually show games starting on monday. Great win by the Tornadoes.

I watched the playback. Alcoa beating Lipscomb was no fluke. Alcoa turned the ball over twice in Lipscomb territory or it would have been worse. Alcoa whipped Lipscomb up front. Dustin Linsay ran all over Lipscomb. Brandon Warren and Ray Sykes dominated on defense.

I hope the Tornados and Rebels get another Gold Football.

I'm a little concerned about some of the DL faithful that spent alot of time in the past week giving reasons why DL would beat the crap out of Alcoa again this year. These people have disappeared! If anyone has seen or heard from Mark Gaither, BombSquad, twittycanes, sabre3, justin groves 03, leftybravesfan, or 3sports, please tell them we enjoyed our trip to DL.

I'm a little concerned about some of the DL faithful that spent alot of time in the past week giving reasons why DL would beat the crap out of Alcoa again this year.  These people have disappeared!  If anyone has seen or heard from Mark Gaither, BombSquad, twittycanes, sabre3, justin groves 03, leftybravesfan, or 3sports, please tell them we enjoyed our trip to DL.

825455830[/snapback]

...Hey buddy. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and see if I can't pull off a post here. I would be glad to get on here and compliment Alcoa on shoving it down our throats. However, CoachT and I have have not been on the best of terms. I will give it to you, you definitely out-played us Friday night, no bones about it. Good luck in the "Ship" (must be an east TN thing?), but good luck to Huntingdon too, don't really know who I'm pulling for. Glad we could be accomidating to you and your fans, even throughout all the tornado warnings.

Pullleeeeeeeezzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee............

DL fans talked trash on here all week.  Period.  You all deserve your crow.

825454169[/snapback]

I believe that the majority of the "DL fans" were in fact kids that had already graduated last year (they thought it'd be funny I guess) ... so don't think there was a ton of high school kids coming on here and talking smack about how DL was going to beat Alcoa.

Anyway, I hope there hasn't been anyone posting about how DL overlooked Alcoa and wasn't prepared for them, because I don't think anyone could "overlook" Dustin Lindsay. DL knew the kid was ridiculous, they just couldn't stop him.

And wow, Austin Rogers not playing a down at UT? You saw him play 1 game and you think he's not good enough. He's fast as lightning and he can only get bigger once he goes to UT. He is not built physically to be a running back, but DL had to put him there because teams know that he will KILL them on the deep ball so they are going to cover him with 2 or maybe even 3 guys. For most of the year, he did an excellent job at running back, Alcoa just found a way to shut down the sweeps. Congrats ...