Obion County Central Rebels

chasd

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like anyone who knows anything about occhs rebels basketball to offer their opinion about which way the program is going.

825452559[/snapback]

Record 0-3, doesn't look good right now, hopefully because of youth, has only one sr that starts and 4 jr. none of which is very althletic and have not had much playing time, B U T these boys love the game and have a great attitude-( I know that in itself want win many ballgames) 3rd year head coach Mike Greer is looking for the right combination to put on the floor at the same time that will be able to cut down on the turnovers (youth) and to score some points(no playing time)---look for some changes and a different look in the Thanksgiving Classic being played at Dresden, Fri and Sat. Greenfield-Fri---Dresdan-Sat. ''GO REBELS''

Record 0-3, doesn't look good right now, hopefully because of youth, has only one sr that starts and 4 jr. none of which is very althletic and have not had much playing time, B U T these boys love the game  and have a great attitude-( I know that in itself want win many ballgames) 3rd year head coach Mike Greer is looking for the right combination to put on the floor at the same time that will be able to cut down on the turnovers (youth) and to score some points(no playing time)---look for some changes and  a different look in the Thanksgiving Classic being played at Dresden, Fri and Sat.  Greenfield-Fri---Dresdan-Sat.  ''GO REBELS''

825452655[/snapback]

The Rebels are offically 2-2.

That's a loss to JCS at Fed Ex, loss to Greenfield at Dresden Tourney, a

win vs Dresden at Dresden Tourney, and a win vs Memphis Frasyer on

Monday night at the "pit"!

According to the TSSAA, all the Hall of Fame games should not be counted

in the teams record since the "first allowed contest is Monday - November 22".

thumb

If people paid to get in to see the game and the players wore their regular season uniforms, they count. 

I know the TSSAA allows teams to either count the game or not.  But, in my mind, if the above two criteria were met - they count.

825462270[/snapback]

Tell that to the Lexington Tiger fans ....After last years loss to Union City they didn't count the loss...Wonder had they won,if they would have counted it???? thumb

Hey!! HOLD ON !!! ;) THIS JUST IN!! The St.Louis Cardinals decided NOT to count the four games they lost to Boston in the World Series as games played.. According to the latest criteria.. So next week, let's all brave the cold and head to St.Louie for Game ONE of the World Series ;)

WHAT A TEAM , WHAT A TOWN, WHAT A TIME !! thumb

Re: Sportsradiotn.

So, You say that every contest where fans pay at the gate and the athlete's

wear the game uniforms, count? reguardless????

You better count the jamboree loss, too!!!!  This too was a pre-season contest? thumb

825462362[/snapback]

coach,

I understand it is a teams option to count the game or not. I'm just saying in my record book it counts. As to the jamboree, as sls stated, it's just a half and not a full game.

occhsfanvia....,

You're exactly right! UC counted that win last year and Lexington didn't. If the TSSAA is getting money from the gate, then they should make sure the games count.

Well since I started this post I found out today that occhs has changed coaches. I am surprised of the change this soon in the season. as a longago grad from OC I hope things get straightened out soon for the boys sake. Rebs keep your heads up.GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Obion County Central's program is gradually goin up now and was on a 2 game winning streak...thannks to coach greer...even tho coach greer is no longer coaching OC will still rise in the next couple of years they have alot to look forward to in the next 2 or 3 years theres alot of talent there...